2014 Honda CR-Z Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,213 - $18,918.

10/7.6

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

I love this car.

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fuel efficient, good appearance"

Cons: "No arm rest"

"I have averaged about 42 mpg since i have owned the car which has been from mid april until now in mid december. I have put over 24,000 miles on the car and the only complaint i really have is that there is not arm rest(stock from factory) in the car. The seats are very comfortable for me. I have had both my fog lights crack from rocks but its hard to not have that happen on a vehicle that sits so low in montana. The headlights on the EX model are awesome, there is some road noise but nothing that i woudl consider excessive. I love the sound of the car when accelerating and the gearboz on the 6 speed manual is very smooth. The car is a little slow when it gets cold outside(mine stays parked outside year round). I really cannot say enough good about the car. I drove many others and everytime i am in another vehicle i wish i was in my crz instead."

A REAL GEM

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"We have CR-Z ex with CVT. It's a fun to drive hybrid and we love the styling. We drive mostly in the ECON mode and are getting better mpg than whats listed on the sticker. We are averaging 45-47 combined hwy/city. On the highway at 55 mph we are getting 48 mpg, at 65mph 43 mpg, at 70-80 mph 39 mpg. If you need a quick pickup & go you just push a button and you get instant pocket rocket power. The inside is roomy & comfortable. Ergonomics are great. The hatchback/cargo area handles all our shopping needs and carries our 3 dogs with room to spare. A lot of thought/innovation went into this machine, it deserves more credit than what a lot of auto critics are giving it. On the down side the ride can get choppy on rough roads and road noise is noticable (but not annoying) when traveling at 80 mph. But the road noise & ride is comparable to other auto's we've owned in the $20k price range."

Fun to drive car

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Quality, reliability, fun to drive, mileage"

Cons: "Poor visibility out the back"

"After a year of ownership, it has been completely trouble free. The handling is very good with precise, light steering and very good cornering with very little lean in corners. The brakes are very strong with no regenerative brake feedback, although they are a little grabby. The overall design"

My best and favorite car!

By on Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, sportiness and overall good looks"

Cons: "Not crazy about blue tooth but once you figure it out it works great."

"I switch jobs and drive about 85 miles a day. I traded my Genesis 3.8 coupe because I just couldn't see $65.00 every 3 days in gas. I still wanted something fun and sporty but great gas mileage and a hybrid if possible. What a great find. I love my CRZ, it is just prefect for me and my lifestyle and if it is possible, I like it more and more every day. Great quality inside and out, wonderful interior (sits) and I am getting 40.5 miles on regular gas. I do mostly highway driving. Love it!!!!!"

Fun car to cruise with!

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value for hybrid, fun to drive car."

Cons: "Auto stop hesitation"

"Great get away car! Economy when you want it sporty two- seater with sharp responsiveness in sport mode. Only drawback experienced so far is the annoying Auto Stop feature causing hesitation upon decelerating and acclerating. Appears that the Auto Stop kicks in below 10 MPH resulting in hesitation if you begin to re-accelerate again before a complete stop. Lots of passenger room inside and comfortable to drive. Many daily compliments on the sharp lines of the CR-Z. Finding admirers taking pixs standing next to the car."

two cars in one!

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I just bought my cr-z down here in puerto rico paid about 26 k for the ex with manual no navi, paid 5 k in local taxes :( , the only reason i gave it 4 stars on value. Now about the actual car : the exterior is beautiful , unique and stylish, people think im driving an Audi until the see that trusty H on the front grill, the interior is very modern, seats are very nice but get a bit uncomfortable after more than 1 hour driving. The panel is incredible the speedometer with its different colors is very appealing and reflects your mood as you change from eco (green color) to sporty (red) driving styles, all the info you need, mpg, gas range , green score (it even has a little built in reward system where you earn leaves and rank up as you drive greener) easy to access and even easier to comprehend, the sound system is pretty powerful and you can control it from the steering wheel with ease and comfort. But now why i think this car is truly special, we've all felt curious about driving cars that are either more fuel efficient or sportier than our current ones, the CR-Z can give you both worlds, want to save a couple of bucks on gas this week and feel good about your contribution to the environment hit that green Eco button and cruse peacefully while saving $$$, woke up angry at the road wanting to beat up the pavement hit that sport mode and feel like you just switched your hybrid for a compact lighting. Overall great car, very fast for a hybrid, really fuel efficient (so far im averaging 39 mpg manual trans ) very stylish and unique and if you can get it for 20 k not only i envy you but it is an incredible value. Only two gripes electric motor should kick in more often and back visibility should be a little better ."

great car

By on Saturday, November 06, 2010

"this is a beautifully stylled car. it has many great qualities, handling, hybred engine, agility and quality... in the 20 to 21k niche,i think this a great investment. a moving piece of art. rear view needs acclimation, but a wonderful automobile...."

I love this car

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Hard to see out the back!"

"I average 40 mpg. Can be noisy with the wrong tires. It is a blast to drive. lots of storage in the back. Use caution backing up and changing lanes."

incredible feat of engineering at this price point

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Marvel of engineering with 3 drive modes in one ca"

Cons: "2 seater can be limiting"

"Great looks, incredibly fun to drive in Sport mode, and 44mpg in one car? Yeah, Honda did it"

Love it!

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "price, gas mileage, comfort, and design"

Cons: "no backseat"

"I've had my CR-Z for about a month now and I'm still excited to drive it every day. The design is amazing both inside and out. I enjoy being able to choose driving modes, from econ for better gas mileage to sport when I'm really wanting an exciting drive. The gas mileage is good but all of the other great features really make this car excellent. The only downfall is that it doesn't have a backseat. However, the trunk space is great."