2013 Honda CR-Z

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

I love this car.

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fuel efficient, good appearance"

Cons: "No arm rest"

"I have averaged about 42 mpg since i have owned the car which has been from mid april until now in mid december. I have put over 24,000 miles on the car and the only complaint i really have is that there is not arm rest(stock from factory) in the car. The seats are very comfortable for me. I have had both my fog lights crack from rocks but its hard to not have that happen on a vehicle that sits so low in montana. The headlights on the EX model are awesome, there is some road noise but nothing that i woudl consider excessive. I love the sound of the car when accelerating and the gearboz on the 6 speed manual is very smooth. The car is a little slow when it gets cold outside(mine stays parked outside year round). I really cannot say enough good about the car. I drove many others and everytime i am in another vehicle i wish i was in my crz instead."

My best and favorite car!

By on Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, sportiness and overall good looks"

Cons: "Not crazy about blue tooth but once you figure it out it works great."

"I switch jobs and drive about 85 miles a day. I traded my Genesis 3.8 coupe because I just couldn't see $65.00 every 3 days in gas. I still wanted something fun and sporty but great gas mileage and a hybrid if possible. What a great find. I love my CRZ, it is just prefect for me and my lifestyle and if it is possible, I like it more and more every day. Great quality inside and out, wonderful interior (sits) and I am getting 40.5 miles on regular gas. I do mostly highway driving. Love it!!!!!"

Fun to drive car

By on Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pros: "Quality, reliability, fun to drive, mileage"

Cons: "Poor visibility out the back"

"After a year of ownership, it has been completely trouble free. The handling is very good with precise, light steering and very good cornering with very little lean in corners. The brakes are very strong with no regenerative brake feedback, although they are a little grabby. The overall design"

Fun car to cruise with!

By on Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pros: "Great value for hybrid, fun to drive car."

Cons: "Auto stop hesitation"

"Great get away car! Economy when you want it sporty two- seater with sharp responsiveness in sport mode. Only drawback experienced so far is the annoying Auto Stop feature causing hesitation upon decelerating and acclerating. Appears that the Auto Stop kicks in below 10 MPH resulting in hesitation if you begin to re-accelerate again before a complete stop. Lots of passenger room inside and comfortable to drive. Many daily compliments on the sharp lines of the CR-Z. Finding admirers taking pixs standing next to the car."

two cars in one!

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I just bought my cr-z down here in puerto rico paid about 26 k for the ex with manual no navi, paid 5 k in local taxes :( , the only reason i gave it 4 stars on value. Now about the actual car : the exterior is beautiful , unique and stylish, people think im driving an Audi until the see that trusty H on the front grill, the interior is very modern, seats are very nice but get a bit uncomfortable after more than 1 hour driving. The panel is incredible the speedometer with its different colors is very appealing and reflects your mood as you change from eco (green color) to sporty (red) driving styles, all the info you need, mpg, gas range , green score (it even has a little built in reward system where you earn leaves and rank up as you drive greener) easy to access and even easier to comprehend, the sound system is pretty powerful and you can control it from the steering wheel with ease and comfort. But now why i think this car is truly special, we've all felt curious about driving cars that are either more fuel efficient or sportier than our current ones, the CR-Z can give you both worlds, want to save a couple of bucks on gas this week and feel good about your contribution to the environment hit that green Eco button and cruse peacefully while saving $$$, woke up angry at the road wanting to beat up the pavement hit that sport mode and feel like you just switched your hybrid for a compact lighting. Overall great car, very fast for a hybrid, really fuel efficient (so far im averaging 39 mpg manual trans ) very stylish and unique and if you can get it for 20 k not only i envy you but it is an incredible value. Only two gripes electric motor should kick in more often and back visibility should be a little better ."

great car

By on Saturday, November 06, 2010

"this is a beautifully stylled car. it has many great qualities, handling, hybred engine, agility and quality... in the 20 to 21k niche,i think this a great investment. a moving piece of art. rear view needs acclimation, but a wonderful automobile...."

I love this car

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Hard to see out the back!"

"I average 40 mpg. Can be noisy with the wrong tires. It is a blast to drive. lots of storage in the back. Use caution backing up and changing lanes."

incredible feat of engineering at this price point

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Marvel of engineering with 3 drive modes in one ca"

Cons: "2 seater can be limiting"

"Great looks, incredibly fun to drive in Sport mode, and 44mpg in one car? Yeah, Honda did it"

Love it!

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "price, gas mileage, comfort, and design"

Cons: "no backseat"

"I've had my CR-Z for about a month now and I'm still excited to drive it every day. The design is amazing both inside and out. I enjoy being able to choose driving modes, from econ for better gas mileage to sport when I'm really wanting an exciting drive. The gas mileage is good but all of the other great features really make this car excellent. The only downfall is that it doesn't have a backseat. However, the trunk space is great."

Mileage

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"I'm getting almost 50 miles to the Gallion on the Highway and 40 in town, I do use 92 octg .."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"This is a great car. It has a lot of power compared to other hybrids on the market. I get a thumbs up everywhere I go. I love the technology, especially the dash and all the toys and goodies that come with the EX at a reasonable price."

I really love this car

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive; great gas mileage; looks great"

Cons: "seat belt accessibility"

"This car is fun and beautiful (I have a blue, EX, 6 speed). Am getting 36 mpg without really changing the way I drive. Love the sport mode for handling, love the tight gearbox and steering. After 33 years of having to own a big car to haul children around I'm thrilled with a two-seater and there is plenty of room for things in the hatch. The only thing I wish I could change is seatbelts are hard to grab and don't adjust for height. Otherwise, I am tall and fit in the car just fine. Test drove a Prius and nearly fell asleep from boredom. I like to drive and the CR-Z is a fabulous combination of a hybrid and a fun, sporty car."

Great value

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Mileage, handling, versatility"

Cons: "Needs backup camera as all hybrids do."

"6000 miles and enjoying every minute. Traded S2000 in on it for the mileage and storage capability. Miss S2000 but this is a great comprimise."

one of a kind!

By on Thursday, June 09, 2011

Pros: "a kick to drive"

Cons: "rear visibility and poor interior lighting.I installed LED bulbs"

"Amazed that this car does not get rave reviews from the auto magazines. Most CR-Z owners love their vehicles.Although the car only holds 2 passengers,there is much room in the rear hatch area. Rear visibility is a problem! Adding a back-up camera"

CR-Z

By on Monday, November 01, 2010

"Excellent value. Great blend of sport and economy. This is one of Honda's better ideas."

CR-Z

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"I do not currently own this vehicle (yet). However, I have test driven the CVT/EX/Navi and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.I currently own a 2009 Scion Xd/AT; the CR-Z feels much more responsive to driver inputs than does my Scion.The fit/finish/ergonomic package is far superior in the Honda. I will be trading vehicles in the (hopefully) not too distant future.By the way, the vehicle I traded for the Scion was a MY 2000 Insight,therefore I feel qualified to express my experiences with each vehicle."

Honda's class act

By on Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Just bought my CRZ. My neighbors and as I drive it look at this super car. I've always been the first in buying super new models. MY PT Cruiser convertible, the first Rideo, Amigo, the new Maxima, Mustang and 3000ZX. We now have three hybrids, 2010 Insight, 2009 Toyota Pruis and my CRZ. Looks are a A plus, seating generally Honda, the dash is super. Its certainly 21st century. EPA is so far around 38 miles per gallon. The ground effects make you fast and furious movie level .Need some more power but I'll take the gas milage. The blue is so hot. hot. hot."

Best Commuter Vehicle For the Money!!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Fun Handling, Good Looks, Fairly Priced"

Cons: "Sluggish Acceleration, Little Storage"

"I bought this car with the sole purpose of using it to drive back and forth to work. Since purchasing, I have found to enjoy this little car so much that I drive it more often than any of my vehicles. I drive 85 miles (170 miles round trip) each day to work and average about 4,900 miles/month. I have tracked all of my fuel and overall associated costs for this car to see how I am doing. Since I bought this car, I have averaged 42mpg with the best tank being 46.7mpg and the worst tank being 32.6mpg. In the spreadsheet that I created to track all of my costs, I have determined that this car literally pays for itself when compared to the cost of driving my Toyota Tacoma over the same amount of mileage (to date, I have saved over $9k in fuel costs alone). This car is extremely economical, but still a fun little car that can handle some winding roads with ease. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a cheap & fun little car, but not for anyone with intentions of using it as a family car."

American Reviewers Need To Reassess

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"I've got just over 1200 miles on the car, and I still find just about any excuse to drive the car. One of the funnest cars I've owned. The CR-Z is solidly built and there isn't the slightest rattle:Extraordinary when you consider the price ($21K and 17" wheels). I began to research the CR-Z via U.S. auto reviewers, not owners, as the car had not come to the states yet. Boy, did these guys unfairly rip the car. I just think we got it a little backwards in the U.S. I then began to read UK and other European reviews, and most were very positive and some excellent. In Europe and Asia there are tons of underpowered fun cars most Americans have never heard of.....we're used to horsepower. Maybe Honda inadvertently mislead North Americans by calling the CR-Z "Sporty", which by the way is an accurate description of this 2-seat coupe'. 'Bout the car: *Excellent ride and feel *Firm,but forgiving suspension making this car a joy to drive to and from work, or when you want to take the long way home on your favorite rodes with lots of twisties and sweeping turns. *Aesthetics: great inside and out...not that I care, but people comment about how cool the car looks, and are surprised when I mention it's a hybrid. Seats are excellent in comfort and support, the instrument panel is very cool looking and everything is easy to get to, and not "busy" like some expert reviewers have commented. Interior materials look high quality even though there is some plastic, but overall the interior is great and looks and feels higher quality than one would expect on a $19K-$22K car. Stereo on the Ex is surprisingly pretty good for a factory unit (Ipod/Flash is standard). *Engine performance is an interesting experience and a little difficult to fully put into words....you just gotta test drive one and let the sales guy let you drive the car the way it should be driven. I mostly drive in Sport Mode and am averaging 33.7 MPG. When I tone it down I'm getting about 40MPG in Normal Mode, really don't care for the ECON Mode, but I'm sure it would be useful for a long highway trip on cruise. The car seems to be a great deal quicker than the specs say. Passing at highway speeds is great, there's plenty of power at your disposal if needed. The CR-Z does not feel or drive like a hybrid. My wife has a '10 Insight, which is also a great car in its own right, but they don't compare in the least. The CR-Z has a nice balance of performance and MPG & low emissions. Great handling and power for what the car is meant to be. Love to see peoples' reactions when I pass them at speed on steep freeway uphills."

Good but not Great

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Good mileage, Sporty look and feel"

Cons: "ROAD NOISE! no armrest, Sluggish"

"Quick and zippy but has no real power. Even in sport mode the car seems sluggish once the initial torque from the electric motor runs out. The 6 speed version may be more fun to drive but the CVT really takes some of the driving feeling out of it. The suspension is lacking in both comfort and performance. This car has a good deal of body roll in tight turns and the road noise is unforgivable. Let's not forget though that this is a hybrid and honestly we just are not quite there yet as far as merging a power and economy. Bottom line, great fun solution for a boring long commute just remember when you wish you had more power that it only takes $30 to fill and that will get you around 400 miles."

An excellent car- Honda could have done better...

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, economy, rarity"

Cons: "Practicality, price, no sunroof :("

"This car is a bit of a stumper. I've owned around twenty cars over my driving career, and this is certainly up there for my favorites. As every review you'll likely read will mention (and your sales person surely ought to), this is positioned as a sports hybrid. Okay... Step one: buy the 6-speed manual. Buying the CVT means you don't care about sporty. At that point, you're throwing away one of the best features of this car, and a great deal of its raison d'etre (sorry for lack of accents...)- a wonderful, Honest-to-God Honda manual transmission. They really are some of the best in the business. Skip the CVT, or go buy a Prius, Insight, etc. They're much more efficient, plus can seat 3-5 people! The shifter could use a bit more weight to be excellent, but it still is superb. The clutch, too, could use a bit more firmness (a heavy-duty pressure plate would be a nice upgrade down the road), but otherwise, this is an excellent combination for anything but a racetrack. Step two: Forget much of the sport. This car has a combined rating of 130 BHP. This is a momentum car- if you're used to passing at will (as I was, coming out of an upgraded '13 Focus ST, with a 300 WHP '11 WRX before that), forget it. Planning is a must. However, if you maintain momentum, particularly in hilly terrain, this car comes alive (again, 6-speed!). One thing I must say is that after letting the engine break in for the first 1,000 miles (no heavy abuse, nothing north of 4,000 RPM, etc. [NOTE: Honda does NOT recommend or require a break-in period. It is not even mentioned in the owner's manual at all! This is entirely a self-imposed regimen to ensure maximum reliability]), between 1,200 miles and now, the engine feels noticeably more lively. As engines break in, they often gain a bit of power and efficiency, albeit only a small amount. On the other side of sport is braking and handling. On both of these, the CR-Z lets you down. The brake pads are decidedly not aggressive enough, leaving you wanting more even in moderate driving. They always get the job done, but only just. The suspension suffers from being largely carried over from the Fit Sport (the CR-Z can truly be considered the Fit Coupe Hybrid, as many parts are carried over unchanged), which is at least 100 pounds lighter. This means that the damping and spring rates are soft in the CR-Z, leaving a bit too much body roll, but without the benefit of a softer ride. Better shocks/struts are a must-do if you want to really get the most out of this car on a backroad or track! Step three: Forget ultra-efficiency. Let's face the elephant in the room- the CR-Z gets decidedly unimpressive fuel economy numbers. A 1.0L, 3-cylinder Fiesta will handily beat the CR-Z's fuel economy, practicality, and many other traits, while saving ~$6K+. Driving the car aggressively, but with an extremely smooth foot, I'm averaging 40.8 MPG on country roads (I actually went up 0.2 MPG switching to Sport mode full-time, likely due to my very attentive and aggressive driving style. While certainly not a hyper-miler, I have a tendency to get great fuel economy, likely due to preserving momentum). My last tank included a fair bit of A/C use due to heavy rains here in NY, and only dropped that number to 40.7, but of course, your mileage WILL vary. All this on NY 87 octane with ~10% ethanol, so higher numbers are certainly possible in those states fortunate enough to not have corn in their fuel. Also, the engine is still breaking in (I only have ~1,800 miles on it so far), so this should improve a bit. Step four: Forget practicality. Despite being a hatchback, the CR-Z is still (gasp!) a three door. The rear "seats" (they are actually usable and belted in other markets, but not in the U.S.) offer a bit of usable space, and if the divider is folder, they are covered, making for some hiding space for some goodies. The hatch area is deep, but putting taller objects in there will hurt what little rearward visibility this car has. Thankfully, a rearview camera is now standard on the CR-Z (it wasn't in '11-12), which helps. However, rear quarter visibility is still pretty poor (Holy blind spots, Batman!), so be careful when changing lanes in traffic! Step five: remember, it's a Honda! There's a reason that I love this car. It's quirky, but in a good way. For all its flaws and drawbacks, it's still an excellent car. It's a Honda, so I expect it to remain that way for a long time. Driven well, it's easy to keep speed up, even in hills, and it's rather tossable, despite very underwhelming tires (they're great on the Fit Sport, but less-than-stellar on the CR-Z. Extra weight, again?), and surprisingly good fun. The interior fit and finish is excellent, and the instrument cluster is very cool while being very easy to read. The lighting scheme is neat, and effective (although, as I said, I just leave mine in Sport mode now)- in Normal or Eco modes (stay out of Eco- it's a waste of time), the ring around the speedometer changes colors between green and blue, depending on the efficiency of your driving style. The shift indicator arrows mercifully disappear in sport mode (a constant annoyance in the Focus- they would appear mid-corner and distract the driver's eyes from the road- unacceptable in a sports-oriented car!), but are much more reasonable and unobtrusive than in many other cars. The seats are very comfortable. My one gripe is that the rear-"seat" access tab is on the driver's seat (???) instead of the passenger side, which seems like an omission in the transition from right-hand drive to left-hand. A minor gripe, but if you need to access the back regularly, it's a bit annoying. Also, the latch for the hatch area hangs low, so taller users (I'm 6'0") WILL hit their heads on it with some regularity. You've been warned... I happen to have the EX with navigation (and 6-speed, of course!), so a few notes on that: The navigation system is surprisingly good. Having dealt with many other brands' navigation systems, this is up there as one of the best (top two are this and those in the new Kia vehicles, believe it or not!). The load time is excellent, even in VERY rural areas, like where I live. The voice recognition does fine with my voice, despite a bit of an Irish brogue. The introductory speech that the system gives after pressing the voice command button is infuriating, however, as it takes several seconds (5+), meaning I usually end up using my fingers instead, negating any benefit. The touchscreen is very responsive, although the graphics/color schemes available are not very engaging, nor do they match the IP's colors very well. The HID low beams are nice, but the high beams and fog lights could use a bit more wattage, but this is an easy upgrade if you deem it necessary (aftermarket HID and LED kits are available). The OE sound system is very good, although the equalizer control for bass does not seem to do much in terms of subwoofer output. Sound quality is pretty darn good for a stock system. One last thing I have noticed is that the S+ "push-to-pass" button does not seem to do anything. There is zero discernible power/torque increase. I really think that it does not do anything. Oh well... Anyway, I love the car. It's a great, quirky car for this quirky man. If you like it on the test drive, and the payments work for you, and you can deal with the quirks and oddities, buy it! You won't regret it."

GREAT

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"Just got my honda crz a week ago almost 2 now i love it great on gas n just cause its a hybrid dont let that fool you the 3 engiine mode is my favorite feature when you throw it in soprt the car flys and i have an automatic i can only imaine the car in manuel i get the best of both worlds cause even with the automatic it has paddle shifting behind the steering wheel which adds an extra kick in sport mode great car recommend it to anyonen its a gas saver and very sporty has a great look to it... i get complaints everywhere on the body i have it in pearl white very nice color"

Sporty car with great mileage!

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Sporty look, awesome gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bad rear visibilty, vent system, and seat comfort"

Nice-looking and sporty!

"Love this car in many ways! Fun to drive, lots of electronics, great engine/transmission, great mileage, sporty look, etc. The three driving mode buttons (ECON, NORMAL, and SPORT) allow for a variety of driving conditions. I am a "spirited" driver, so mileage is secondary to getting to where I want to go fast. On freeways I drive 80-90 mph with the cruise on nearly all the time. That would seem to blow away gas mileage but, in reality, I average 33 mpg overall. If I was a more careful driver driving 55-65, I would get 45+ mpg. Just different styles and goals. Interior is great. All the controls are easy to read and accessible, and there are different colored lights on the speedometer that reflect your current driving habit....very cool. Navigation is good with a large screen. Ventilation is good, however, there could be a better vent style that allows for more directional flow, i.e., towards the torso. The seat fabric is nice and somewhat comfortable, but on long trips the seat lacks comfort. Exterior is very good-looking. Design is sporty and clean, however, rear visibility through the back side of the hatch is awful as there is a support strip that blocks the best view. Very poor design for that. The headlights rock! Brightest halogen lights I've ever seen, and that's important in deer country. Some people complain about the lack of power in this car, but I drive my Honda CR-Z hard, and this car is up to the task. Engine and electric motor run flawlessly and the car is fun to drive. The three-mode change for the engine, coupled with an awesome CVT transmission, make for spirited driving if you want it. Overall, I give this car a two thumbs up."

Nice-looking and sporty!

Best of both worlds

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "versatile, fun to drive, economical, looks great"

Cons: "poor rear visibility, no temperature gage"

"The CRZ is that rare breed of automobile that can be all things to at least some people. Drive it conservatively in the Econ mode and get 43 MPG on regular gas. Select PERF and punch the gas and leave the Bimmers at the light. Want to go on a trip with golf clubs, suitcases and coolers? Drop the trunk separator down and a storage expanse appears. The car looks great, is a lot of fun to drive and wasn't very expensive to begin with. What' not to love? This car is obviously not suited for a family or someone who needs 4 seats. Nor is it perfect. The rear visibility is perhaps its greatest imperfection, and it would be nice to have a temp gage rather than a light. I would also be reluctant to buy it with an auto trans. as this limits your ability to manage the auto stop should you want to keep the engine running for A/C. Plus half the reason you buy this car is to have fun, and the slick 6 speed fits the bill. Long term, I do wonder what the life of the battery will be and how expensive it will be to replace, but battery technology is increasing daily and I trust Honda to do it right. This car has been the best of worlds for me, even though I'm 67!"

Good Car, has flaws

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I've owned 2 hondas in my life. An 08 Civic EX Coupe automatic and an 11 CR-Z EX w/o navi manual. Of the two, I like various things about them. My perspective is taken after owning both. Pros for the CR-Z. Its much more nimble, though roughly the same weight, its body lean is much less than the Civic. Its also quicker off the line and passing on the freeway is much much easier, I dont even downshift, the "sport" mode takes care of it for me. Excellent fuel economy. I get ~39 mpg average, and my daily commute is all city ~11miles each way. Neutral- The sun visors are equally cheap in both cars. But thats the way it is for all honda's under 25k, so its a tie. The interior styling is futuristic and really neat in both cars. I like them equally. The digital speedometer is AWESOME! I just love it. The steering wheel in both is great. The CR-Z is a tad narrower but the leather feel is great and makes up for its rather puny size compared to the Civic. The alloy rims are really nice as are all EX stuff that comes with both cars. Definately a "must" addon to either vehicle, the value is there. Just like the civic, the passenger is left totally bored. There is nothing for the passenger to do but change his vents. Its all driver centric, pro or con, you decide, but my wife is totally bored over there. Must have ipad in glovebox (which fits in both btw) Both have ample trunk space. I love them, but the CR-z has a slight advantage in that its temp controlled and always accessible from cockpit. Cons- The civic seats were bigger and better for touring. The CR-Z seats are shorter in the seat, so someone of my size (6'2") has a rough time keeping comfortable after several hours. The battery is too small. Only .6kWh means you drain it if you floor it on the onramp. And when that battery isnt helping, that motor is too under powered. That makes it a tad slower than the civic for long accelerations. The vehicle also only charges when in gear. So if you want to charge the battery without moving your SOL. Its a bummer its not plugin, so dont think you're going to race more than 2, 1/4 mile stretches with battery."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals