2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 81 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Fun Car on a Budget

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, and great price."

Cons: "2-seater only, and low to the ground."

Pretty Woman!

"I purchased this car as a second vehicle. It seats 2, but has a very large hatch back storage area. It's has 3 driving functions that are easy to change: Normal, Economy and Sport. The ride is firm, the stance is low and the turnaround is very tight and small. Overall this car has been excellent for commuting and offered enough utility and fun in a nice, sporty package. The seats are comfortable and firmly supportive. The Dash is easy to read and the controls are easily understood, too. The return value however is a bit lower than expected, so I will be likely trading it in."

Pretty Woman!

Best value for the money.

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pros: "I don't know how Honda sell's it for so little."

Cons: "Only issue is the blind back quarter panels"

"It has options you don't expect to find on a car of this price and the gas mileage is really excellent. I average 32 MPG in the city and hit 40+ on the road doing the speed limit. Honda should of provided a model with a turbo because this car really handles."

My favorite vehicle and I used to have it

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"Drive so fast and I spent my time to it"

Under rated fun car that get's above 40mpg...

By on Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, cheap on gas, good looking."

Cons: "Inside door trim scuffs very easily."

"After 9k miles owning this CR-Z base CVT, I feel it is time to share my thoughts. I would say the "expert" reviewers are somewhat off...this car is an under rated gem in many respects. It exceeds its mpg. I average 42-43 mpg in mixed driving each tank, and I sometimes drive aggressively. I wanted the 6 speed manual but there were none available at time of purchase. Even the CVT has plenty of power when the electric motor kicks in. Also the S+ button livens things up with an extra boost! I carry much work gear and it all fits easily. I use the cargo bins behind the seats to keep things from moving around when I take corners hard. This car handles well btw...not sports car great but sporty, more sporty that say a Civic. The battery in rear makes the weight distribution better and it feels more balanced. Stereo is good. Plenty of cubbies and nooks to put things. It could use an armrest. A/C is adequate not great. 2 areas where I am unhappy: the door panels scuff easily! I have to wipe them down with a damp cloth for the marks to go away. Also the driver side window rattles a bit like it doesnt seal 100%. Otherwise a fun car that turns heads and gets comments. It has been reliabel and cheapt to operate. Side note: resale is not good...it drops value fast. If I had to do it over I would get a 6 speed manual and the new sport package which ups the hp to 187! But overall a good and fun car so far."

One awesome little economy commuter.

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, road handling and feel, design, personality, efficiency,"

Cons: "Deteriorating interior chrom trim. Cloth seats."

"I'm the original owner and have owned this CRZ since Jan 2011. It is a 6 speed EX with premium sound. I have installed a slightly lowered sport suspension and premium wheels. The car rides very nice and tight (sporty). Although it rides a little closer to the ground, there are no problems, except with very steep road transitions. I'm very pleased with this little eco commuter. Returns decent (not great) gas milage in a sporty package. It is like no other car on the market IMO. It is a second car and work commuter for me, so space is a non issue. I agree rear view is a little limited, but acceptable. The interior EX chrome trim is not holding up very well. Other than that I have no other complaints to report."

50+ mpg car that is comfortable, fun, and sporty

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No back seats"

"If you drive the vehicle around town and keep it under 65mph the car can get 50+ mpg. I've tested it multiple times and the car is amazing when it comes to miles per gallon. It's a very comfy car and sporty."

Honda definitely delivered an awesome car

By on Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Sporty feel when driving, Honda quality"

Cons: "Blind Spot, uncomfy seats"

"I purchased my CR-Z in 2011. I have loved it since; even considered going with a newer model when the time comes. It is a rare car to be seen on the road which makes it an even cooler car to drive. Lots of compliments and definitely turns heads. The gas milage is above all my favorite part. I commute 52 miles one way 5-6 days per week. My average mpg is 45. Only costs me about $22.00 or less to fill up and delivers about 400-500 miles to the tank depending on how I drive it and how many mornings I'm running late and have to throw it in sport mode for that extra push. I love that the engine shuts off when stopped however it can become bothersome in extreme heat or cold and the heat and a/c also shuts off but nothing I can't live with considering I'm only at a red light for a minute and it improves mpg drastically. Despite what critics say, it is a very sporty and fun car to drive. Granted, it is no Porsche and certainly not a muscle car, but still makes for a sporty, fun driving experience. TONS AND TONS of room considering it is a two seater. You wouldn't believe how much I have packed my car full before. The divider separating the front seats and the trunk easily folds down. To be honest, I have actually fit my 6'2 friend in the back of this car which you wouldn't guess just by looking from the outside. My only real complaints are it does tend to be a very uncomfortable ride for long trips as the seats are not comfy what-so-ever. The passenger side is more noticeable than the driver. However, when the seats are laid back, you have plenty of room to stretch out. The dashboard controls are very easy to use while driving unlike many new cars which I find to be very complicated while driving and searching hard for a particular button or temp control. Road noise is at a minimum but you are able to hear the engine quite loudly. This is my second Honda and like my first, I am right under 100k miles and never have I once had to have it in the shop for anything more than an oil change. Only other complaint and this goes for most Honda cars: Honda used cheap quality top coat on the paint job which can sometimes lead to spots that can not be removed from the paint. Particularly on the hood and top of vehicle. My red Accord was very noticeable however my charcoal CR-Z not so much and certainly not to the degree of my Accord. Very safe vehicle as well. I was struck hard on the driver side by a semi-truck and walked away without a scratch granted it was no life threatening accident but a considerable amount of damage was caused. Driving in Econ mode feels a little sluggish when needing to accelerate quickly, though that is to be expected but on the bright side, switching between modes in very simple with the touch of a button on the left hand side of the steering column and using the different modes, you will certainly tell a difference. Sport mode does tend to burn way more fuel than Normal or Econ but its fun to throw it in to sport occasionally and use the paddle shifters. Overall, I would give this vehicle a 10 simply based on the famous Honda quality and reliability as well as design and mpg. Mpg really does depend on your driving, even for a hybrid. As I stated before, I receive 45-50 mpg on most days. Biggest flaw to this car would be the blind spots and seeing through the read windshield. I found this to be difficult at first and nearly had several collisions however it wasn't long until I became use to it and figured out my methods for working around the blind spot. Overall, I give this a 10 and would recommend to anyone! It is listed as a sports car with most insurance companies so that can sometimes affect your premiums but nothing too bad. When I say sporty, again it is no Porsche but if you are looking for a hybrid but want something a little less stereotypical hipster such as the family ride Prius, then this may be the car for you! And in response to the one bad review on this site stating the car kept shutting off during her test drive which "made it the worst car she's ever driven", it is designed to do that...all I could do was laugh."

Best Value for a hybrd

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "great price for a single girl on a low budget."

Cons: "only fits 2 people. Not for a family.."

This vehicle is fully loaded. Has everything. Navagation, phone, cruise control and back up camera

"I bought it cus I have a CRV and drive 30 miles on the highway to work and was spending a bunch of money in gas a week. Well now I spend half the money and use the money I was spending on gas for a car payment. Think smart people. I still have my 2003 CRV cus I love it and have never had any issues with it. The CR-Z rides nice and I zip to work and home. Best value for a Hybrid. I love the look and feel of the car. Cant go wrong with a Honda.."

FUN! and Economical

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Fun, Fun"

Cons: "no arm rest"

"With 6 speed manual and three driving modes; sport, regular, and Economy, this car transitions from granny car to hot rod with the push of a button. I prefer regular mode, getting up to 40mpg, and kicking into sport mode when passing. Economy mode will bog down a bit on big hills, but is great on flat terrain, or in town. This car has been very reliable. After 4 years, I had to replace the starter battery, but that would be expected on any car."

Small, fun, and economical

By on Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, and pracitical for 2 people"

Cons: "The door panel arm rests are rough on long trips"

"My Crz has seen many non-stop long mile trips (including going through the desert and horrible snow storms) and has never let me down. Throughout these trips I have always averaged 42 MPG (the manufacture seriously under-rated the highway MPG). In the snow I had snow tires installed turned off the traction control and have never gotten stuck even when "plowing" through 8-14 inches of snow. The cargo space in this vehicle is actually quite high. I am able to pack mine and my wifes luggage for a trip and still have plenty of room to pack more. The Crz is a very fun hybrid but no where near being a quick vehicle. The only complaint I have ever had with this car is that the elbow rest on the door panels are very rough and hard for long mileage trips. Overall I feel as if the car is just big enough to get the job done for 2 people while being very economical and fun while getting to your destination."

Roomy 2 door

By on Sunday, March 8, 2015

Pros: "Love the look, lots of storage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Too low to the ground"

"They are no longer making this car and that is a shame because it's has so much style, room and very economical"

Great vehicle, reliable 41 MPG overall

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Good price for a very fuel efficient car."

Cons: "Road noise"

"I've had this vehicle nearly two years. Impressed with the performance- quite peppy, and the fuel economy which I check and record on every tank. Overall has been 41.5 mpg, including a harsh Michigan winter last year. It did fairly well in snow, too. The engine stops when the car stops and restarts when the brake is released. It was easy to get used to that and I no longer even notice it. It has never failed to restart. It is interesting to observe the operation of the hybrid system and to use that real-time information to adjust driving to get better fuel economy. It is a two-seat car and there is room behind the front seats for storage. They almost could have installed two small seats there. Back of that space folds down to provide a flat storage area. There is more road noise than I am used to, but even that seems to be less noticeable with time. Overall a good value and fun to drive."

not reliable

By on Monday, July 27, 2015

Pros: "good gas miles, fun, sharp"

Cons: "battery doesn't stay charged"

"battery doesn't hold charge for more than a few days. always have to jump it."

FUN, Sporty, Efficient!!! Roomy...

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "economical...you cannot beat the gas mileage"

Cons: "seats aren't exceptionally cuishiony"

selling car due to job opportunity in Asia

"I love this economical car that took me from Maine to NYC and back again for only $45 in gas! IT's fast, efficient, fun to drive. Huge cargo area, enough to hold a bathroom sink & cabinet (tried & proved). Excellent sound system & MP3, iphone or GPS compatibility. This is an excellent car for those who commute daily, travel or just like cruising."

selling car due to job opportunity in Asia

Excellent fun Hybrid

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "Gas sipper, fast acceleration, fun to drive"

Cons: "No smart key push button start, 2 seats"

"I have driven the Prius, Camry Hybrid, Lexus CT200H"

Excellent Sporty Hybrid

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun drive, good value for the money. Typical Honda"

Cons: "No moonroof. Rear window pilar"

"a fun car to drive, a lot of pep. Very stylish body, good aerodynamics. Comfortable seats and good driving position. Instrument display,functions and location are excellent. Many extras as standard equipment. CVT is quiet and smooth."

not for everyone, but perfect for me

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "nimble handling, sporty looking, good mileage"

Cons: "rear visibility only saved by its backup camera"

"The CR-Z falls between standard categories, so it doesn't rate high in most comparisons. It does fall into my category -- it rates really high with me. It looks good, with its low-drag Kamm-back design, and it's heaps of fun to drive."

Fun commuter car!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas. good trunk space"

Cons: "no center console, bad rear vision"

"I got this car for commuting purposes. I walked away from a Mazda RX8 to this. I love that it's still quick and fun when I want it to be but also gets me 35 mpgs. It looks very stylish (except for the wheels. Don't know what Honda was thinking about)and I got a lot of compliments. Now for the not so great... Since the engine stops when you're at a red light, so does your AC. Additionally, there's not center console so that's something you'll have to invest it. The blue-tooth only does phone calls and not music (you'll have to get an adapter for that). Besides a few annoyances, this car is awesome. The back folds down to give you a great cargo area so it's great for long trips and it has the power when you need it."

CR-Z

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"I do not currently own this vehicle (yet). However, I have test driven the CVT/EX/Navi and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.I currently own a 2009 Scion Xd/AT; the CR-Z feels much more responsive to driver inputs than does my Scion.The fit/finish/ergonomic package is far superior in the Honda. I will be trading vehicles in the (hopefully) not too distant future.By the way, the vehicle I traded for the Scion was a MY 2000 Insight,therefore I feel qualified to express my experiences with each vehicle."

Love This Car

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

"This car has been great!! Just got it about a week ago and could not be happier with it."

Simply terrible. 4/10.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, Looks, Ect"

Cons: "Awful visibility, CVT Transmission"

"This will, make no mistake, 'do you' as a car, in the same way as Lettuce will 'do you' as a food. It just awful.. The whole thing seems to be constructed like a 1950's polish bread queue.. It felt like everything in this car: the steering, the brakes, the throttle, they're all connected to other things using wall paper paste. I know what Honda means.. dismal, depressing, unadventurous, unimaginative, dreary, hopeless, sad, miserable, beige. It was honestly one of the worst cars I have ever driven, it truly was. However... There are a few good points to be said. The turning circle when doing a u-turn on a busy business connection roads was fantastic, it handled it like a motorcycle, that's how tight the turning circle was.. The braking system was very good, but.. the brake peddle and throttle peddle when first getting into the car seemed very hyper sensitive. A full ABS braking from 55 miles an hour to a standstill on wet, downhill, road, was shockingly good.. Thank's to that, it was reasonably safe.. Then when it comes to the Transmission.. The car I was test driving today was equipped with a CVT (Constant Velocity Transmission) - To say the least, it was just terrible. Slow, dimwitted, jerky, I slid backwards and forwards on hills, it ruined the sound of the engine... I would never recommend equipping a car like with a transmission like that. To say the least, I wasn't impressed, I felt a bit sick of how poorly the car had been designed, and for such a mistake by honda, I'm giving it a low 4/10."

wish never bought it. only good thing sometimes

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

Pros: "ok gas mileage"

Cons: "two many for space allowed"

"the motor will stop at a light.poor rear vision.manual rear view mirror.very stiff ride. buy a seat cushion"

amazing! bought it one year ago today

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "sports car prius eater"

Cons: "side views blind spots still suuuupppper fun!"

brrrr!

"luv love luv love! this car has been the most fun thing i have ever driven,and the best thing to pass a gas station in.... ex navi cvt the paddle shifters really surprise the boys in vettes n the wanna be's in mustangs hahaha."

brrrr!

economy is great handles great uncomfortable

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

"just to low and uncomfortable for me and my wife but u can fill the tank for less than 30 bucks gets 40 mpg highway 35 around town from what we have logged great sound system and handles like a race car not to mention its size makes it easy to park and drive the price was right at the time and my wife needed a car good commuter car for a commute less then 1 hour after that ur back will let u know"

Blind spot, quietest car I ever had, trouble free,

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "price fun economy"

Cons: "my last 10 miles home are all uphill and the batt"

"fun to drive. great radio"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals