2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 82 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Under rated fun car that get's above 40mpg...

By on Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, cheap on gas, good looking."

Cons: "Inside door trim scuffs very easily."

"After 9k miles owning this CR-Z base CVT, I feel it is time to share my thoughts. I would say the "expert" reviewers are somewhat off...this car is an under rated gem in many respects. It exceeds its mpg. I average 42-43 mpg in mixed driving each tank, and I sometimes drive aggressively. I wanted the 6 speed manual but there were none available at time of purchase. Even the CVT has plenty of power when the electric motor kicks in. Also the S+ button livens things up with an extra boost! I carry much work gear and it all fits easily. I use the cargo bins behind the seats to keep things from moving around when I take corners hard. This car handles well btw...not sports car great but sporty, more sporty that say a Civic. The battery in rear makes the weight distribution better and it feels more balanced. Stereo is good. Plenty of cubbies and nooks to put things. It could use an armrest. A/C is adequate not great. 2 areas where I am unhappy: the door panels scuff easily! I have to wipe them down with a damp cloth for the marks to go away. Also the driver side window rattles a bit like it doesnt seal 100%. Otherwise a fun car that turns heads and gets comments. It has been reliabel and cheapt to operate. Side note: resale is not good...it drops value fast. If I had to do it over I would get a 6 speed manual and the new sport package which ups the hp to 187! But overall a good and fun car so far."

One awesome little economy commuter.

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, road handling and feel, design, personality, efficiency,"

Cons: "Deteriorating interior chrom trim. Cloth seats."

"I'm the original owner and have owned this CRZ since Jan 2011. It is a 6 speed EX with premium sound. I have installed a slightly lowered sport suspension and premium wheels. The car rides very nice and tight (sporty). Although it rides a little closer to the ground, there are no problems, except with very steep road transitions. I'm very pleased with this little eco commuter. Returns decent (not great) gas milage in a sporty package. It is like no other car on the market IMO. It is a second car and work commuter for me, so space is a non issue. I agree rear view is a little limited, but acceptable. The interior EX chrome trim is not holding up very well. Other than that I have no other complaints to report."

50+ mpg car that is comfortable, fun, and sporty

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No back seats"

"If you drive the vehicle around town and keep it under 65mph the car can get 50+ mpg. I've tested it multiple times and the car is amazing when it comes to miles per gallon. It's a very comfy car and sporty."

Honda definitely delivered an awesome car

By on Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Sporty feel when driving, Honda quality"

Cons: "Blind Spot, uncomfy seats"

"I purchased my CR-Z in 2011. I have loved it since; even considered going with a newer model when the time comes. It is a rare car to be seen on the road which makes it an even cooler car to drive. Lots of compliments and definitely turns heads. The gas milage is above all my favorite part. I commute 52 miles one way 5-6 days per week. My average mpg is 45. Only costs me about $22.00 or less to fill up and delivers about 400-500 miles to the tank depending on how I drive it and how many mornings I'm running late and have to throw it in sport mode for that extra push. I love that the engine shuts off when stopped however it can become bothersome in extreme heat or cold and the heat and a/c also shuts off but nothing I can't live with considering I'm only at a red light for a minute and it improves mpg drastically. Despite what critics say, it is a very sporty and fun car to drive. Granted, it is no Porsche and certainly not a muscle car, but still makes for a sporty, fun driving experience. TONS AND TONS of room considering it is a two seater. You wouldn't believe how much I have packed my car full before. The divider separating the front seats and the trunk easily folds down. To be honest, I have actually fit my 6'2 friend in the back of this car which you wouldn't guess just by looking from the outside. My only real complaints are it does tend to be a very uncomfortable ride for long trips as the seats are not comfy what-so-ever. The passenger side is more noticeable than the driver. However, when the seats are laid back, you have plenty of room to stretch out. The dashboard controls are very easy to use while driving unlike many new cars which I find to be very complicated while driving and searching hard for a particular button or temp control. Road noise is at a minimum but you are able to hear the engine quite loudly. This is my second Honda and like my first, I am right under 100k miles and never have I once had to have it in the shop for anything more than an oil change. Only other complaint and this goes for most Honda cars: Honda used cheap quality top coat on the paint job which can sometimes lead to spots that can not be removed from the paint. Particularly on the hood and top of vehicle. My red Accord was very noticeable however my charcoal CR-Z not so much and certainly not to the degree of my Accord. Very safe vehicle as well. I was struck hard on the driver side by a semi-truck and walked away without a scratch granted it was no life threatening accident but a considerable amount of damage was caused. Driving in Econ mode feels a little sluggish when needing to accelerate quickly, though that is to be expected but on the bright side, switching between modes in very simple with the touch of a button on the left hand side of the steering column and using the different modes, you will certainly tell a difference. Sport mode does tend to burn way more fuel than Normal or Econ but its fun to throw it in to sport occasionally and use the paddle shifters. Overall, I would give this vehicle a 10 simply based on the famous Honda quality and reliability as well as design and mpg. Mpg really does depend on your driving, even for a hybrid. As I stated before, I receive 45-50 mpg on most days. Biggest flaw to this car would be the blind spots and seeing through the read windshield. I found this to be difficult at first and nearly had several collisions however it wasn't long until I became use to it and figured out my methods for working around the blind spot. Overall, I give this a 10 and would recommend to anyone! It is listed as a sports car with most insurance companies so that can sometimes affect your premiums but nothing too bad. When I say sporty, again it is no Porsche but if you are looking for a hybrid but want something a little less stereotypical hipster such as the family ride Prius, then this may be the car for you! And in response to the one bad review on this site stating the car kept shutting off during her test drive which "made it the worst car she's ever driven", it is designed to do that...all I could do was laugh."

FUN! and Economical

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Fun, Fun"

Cons: "no arm rest"

"With 6 speed manual and three driving modes; sport, regular, and Economy, this car transitions from granny car to hot rod with the push of a button. I prefer regular mode, getting up to 40mpg, and kicking into sport mode when passing. Economy mode will bog down a bit on big hills, but is great on flat terrain, or in town. This car has been very reliable. After 4 years, I had to replace the starter battery, but that would be expected on any car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals