• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

nice hybrid sporty car

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "soft handling,"

"brought my civic in to dealer for service, saw this car and had to have it. overall its a great little car, handling could be better, not great mpg for a hybrid but the styling is awesome, 20k miles without a hitch, squeeked 42mpg out of a tank driving conservitavly, 39mpg with normal driving. plenty of storage for groceries and long weekend get aways, it even carries my kayaks cant say anything bad about this sporty hybrid, this one is a keeper"

Good daily driver

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, cheap to fill up."

Cons: "Blind spots! Not very good mpg for a hybrid"

"I own a 2006 Lexus GS300 and bought the CRZ as a daily driver. It's great! Pros / People like the styling, fun car to drive. Cons / Not the best mpg for a hybrid. Blind spots are bad. Advice / buy the little round mirrors for the corners and you will not be bother by the blind spots. Go for the base model and add your own GPS. The EX Nav is dated and not very good."

Love this car!

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, excellent gas mileage,"

Cons: "No heated seats...but who cares!"

"I was considering a Honda Accord but went into the showroom and this unusual looking sporty hybrid immediately caught my eye. I took it out for a test drive and immediately knew that this was the car for me! The gas mileage is phenomenal and I am continuously complimented on this vehicle by total strangers! I have yet to see another one of these on the road in the area that I live which is why it is such an eye catcher! The ride is smooth, the interior is very comfortable and loaded with some flashy interior design and there is ample cargo space in the rear."

Simply terrible. 4/10.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, Looks, Ect"

Cons: "Awful visibility, CVT Transmission"

"This will, make no mistake, 'do you' as a car, in the same way as Lettuce will 'do you' as a food. It just awful.. The whole thing seems to be constructed like a 1950's polish bread queue.. It felt like everything in this car: the steering, the brakes, the throttle, they're all connected to other things using wall paper paste. I know what Honda means.. dismal, depressing, unadventurous, unimaginative, dreary, hopeless, sad, miserable, beige. It was honestly one of the worst cars I have ever driven, it truly was. However... There are a few good points to be said. The turning circle when doing a u-turn on a busy business connection roads was fantastic, it handled it like a motorcycle, that's how tight the turning circle was.. The braking system was very good, but.. the brake peddle and throttle peddle when first getting into the car seemed very hyper sensitive. A full ABS braking from 55 miles an hour to a standstill on wet, downhill, road, was shockingly good.. Thank's to that, it was reasonably safe.. Then when it comes to the Transmission.. The car I was test driving today was equipped with a CVT (Constant Velocity Transmission) - To say the least, it was just terrible. Slow, dimwitted, jerky, I slid backwards and forwards on hills, it ruined the sound of the engine... I would never recommend equipping a car like with a transmission like that. To say the least, I wasn't impressed, I felt a bit sick of how poorly the car had been designed, and for such a mistake by honda, I'm giving it a low 4/10."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Handles nice and tight like the Prelude did (I owned a 1997 Prelude). Responsive, like driving a go-cart! I can easily get 50mpg going to and from work with a 70-minute commute part-hwy and part-city. (I changed my driving habits to maximize fuel efficiency) There's no backseat but you can stuff a lot of things in the trunk area. Great for a couple without children, or for a single person. Very fun to drive!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for