2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Roomy 2 door

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "Love the look, lots of storage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Too low to the ground"

"They are no longer making this car and that is a shame because it's has so much style, room and very economical"

Under rated fun car that get's above 40mpg...

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, cheap on gas, good looking."

Cons: "Inside door trim scuffs very easily."

"After 9k miles owning this CR-Z base CVT, I feel it is time to share my thoughts. I would say the "expert" reviewers are somewhat off...this car is an under rated gem in many respects. It exceeds its mpg. I average 42-43 mpg in mixed driving each tank, and I sometimes drive aggressively. I wanted the 6 speed manual but there were none available at time of purchase. Even the CVT has plenty of power when the electric motor kicks in. Also the S+ button livens things up with an extra boost! I carry much work gear and it all fits easily. I use the cargo bins behind the seats to keep things from moving around when I take corners hard. This car handles well btw...not sports car great but sporty, more sporty that say a Civic. The battery in rear makes the weight distribution better and it feels more balanced. Stereo is good. Plenty of cubbies and nooks to put things. It could use an armrest. A/C is adequate not great. 2 areas where I am unhappy: the door panels scuff easily! I have to wipe them down with a damp cloth for the marks to go away. Also the driver side window rattles a bit like it doesnt seal 100%. Otherwise a fun car that turns heads and gets comments. It has been reliabel and cheapt to operate. Side note: resale is not good...it drops value fast. If I had to do it over I would get a 6 speed manual and the new sport package which ups the hp to 187! But overall a good and fun car so far."

One awesome little economy commuter.

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, road handling and feel, design, personality, efficiency,"

Cons: "Deteriorating interior chrom trim. Cloth seats."

"I'm the original owner and have owned this CRZ since Jan 2011. It is a 6 speed EX with premium sound. I have installed a slightly lowered sport suspension and premium wheels. The car rides very nice and tight (sporty). Although it rides a little closer to the ground, there are no problems, except with very steep road transitions. I'm very pleased with this little eco commuter. Returns decent (not great) gas milage in a sporty package. It is like no other car on the market IMO. It is a second car and work commuter for me, so space is a non issue. I agree rear view is a little limited, but acceptable. The interior EX chrome trim is not holding up very well. Other than that I have no other complaints to report."

50+ mpg car that is comfortable, fun, and sporty

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No back seats"

"If you drive the vehicle around town and keep it under 65mph the car can get 50+ mpg. I've tested it multiple times and the car is amazing when it comes to miles per gallon. It's a very comfy car and sporty."

Fun commuter car!

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas. good trunk space"

Cons: "no center console, bad rear vision"

"I got this car for commuting purposes. I walked away from a Mazda RX8 to this. I love that it's still quick and fun when I want it to be but also gets me 35 mpgs. It looks very stylish (except for the wheels. Don't know what Honda was thinking about)and I got a lot of compliments. Now for the not so great... Since the engine stops when you're at a red light, so does your AC. Additionally, there's not center console so that's something you'll have to invest it. The blue-tooth only does phone calls and not music (you'll have to get an adapter for that). Besides a few annoyances, this car is awesome. The back folds down to give you a great cargo area so it's great for long trips and it has the power when you need it."

FUN! and Economical

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun, Fun, Fun"

Cons: "no arm rest"

"With 6 speed manual and three driving modes; sport, regular, and Economy, this car transitions from granny car to hot rod with the push of a button. I prefer regular mode, getting up to 40mpg, and kicking into sport mode when passing. Economy mode will bog down a bit on big hills, but is great on flat terrain, or in town. This car has been very reliable. After 4 years, I had to replace the starter battery, but that would be expected on any car."

Great vehicle, reliable 41 MPG overall

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Good price for a very fuel efficient car."

Cons: "Road noise"

"I've had this vehicle nearly two years. Impressed with the performance- quite peppy, and the fuel economy which I check and record on every tank. Overall has been 41.5 mpg, including a harsh Michigan winter last year. It did fairly well in snow, too. The engine stops when the car stops and restarts when the brake is released. It was easy to get used to that and I no longer even notice it. It has never failed to restart. It is interesting to observe the operation of the hybrid system and to use that real-time information to adjust driving to get better fuel economy. It is a two-seat car and there is room behind the front seats for storage. They almost could have installed two small seats there. Back of that space folds down to provide a flat storage area. There is more road noise than I am used to, but even that seems to be less noticeable with time. Overall a good value and fun to drive."

Best Value for a hybrd

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "great price for a single girl on a low budget."

Cons: "only fits 2 people. Not for a family.."

This vehicle is fully loaded. Has everything. Navagation, phone, cruise control and back up camera

"I bought it cus I have a CRV and drive 30 miles on the highway to work and was spending a bunch of money in gas a week. Well now I spend half the money and use the money I was spending on gas for a car payment. Think smart people. I still have my 2003 CRV cus I love it and have never had any issues with it. The CR-Z rides nice and I zip to work and home. Best value for a Hybrid. I love the look and feel of the car. Cant go wrong with a Honda.."

Small, fun, and economical

By on Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pros: "Fun, economical, and pracitical for 2 people"

Cons: "The door panel arm rests are rough on long trips"

"My Crz has seen many non-stop long mile trips (including going through the desert and horrible snow storms) and has never let me down. Throughout these trips I have always averaged 42 MPG (the manufacture seriously under-rated the highway MPG). In the snow I had snow tires installed turned off the traction control and have never gotten stuck even when "plowing" through 8-14 inches of snow. The cargo space in this vehicle is actually quite high. I am able to pack mine and my wifes luggage for a trip and still have plenty of room to pack more. The Crz is a very fun hybrid but no where near being a quick vehicle. The only complaint I have ever had with this car is that the elbow rest on the door panels are very rough and hard for long mileage trips. Overall I feel as if the car is just big enough to get the job done for 2 people while being very economical and fun while getting to your destination."

FUN, Sporty, Efficient!!! Roomy...

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "economical...you cannot beat the gas mileage"

Cons: "seats aren't exceptionally cuishiony"

selling car due to job opportunity in Asia

"I love this economical car that took me from Maine to NYC and back again for only $45 in gas! IT's fast, efficient, fun to drive. Huge cargo area, enough to hold a bathroom sink & cabinet (tried & proved). Excellent sound system & MP3, iphone or GPS compatibility. This is an excellent car for those who commute daily, travel or just like cruising."

selling car due to job opportunity in Asia

not reliable

By on Monday, July 27, 2015

Pros: "good gas miles, fun, sharp"

Cons: "battery doesn't stay charged"

"battery doesn't hold charge for more than a few days. always have to jump it."

Excellent fun Hybrid

By on Saturday, February 04, 2012

Pros: "Gas sipper, fast acceleration, fun to drive"

Cons: "No smart key push button start, 2 seats"

"I have driven the Prius, Camry Hybrid, Lexus CT200H"

Excellent Sporty Hybrid

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun drive, good value for the money. Typical Honda"

Cons: "No moonroof. Rear window pilar"

"a fun car to drive, a lot of pep. Very stylish body, good aerodynamics. Comfortable seats and good driving position. Instrument display,functions and location are excellent. Many extras as standard equipment. CVT is quiet and smooth."

not for everyone, but perfect for me

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "nimble handling, sporty looking, good mileage"

Cons: "rear visibility only saved by its backup camera"

"The CR-Z falls between standard categories, so it doesn't rate high in most comparisons. It does fall into my category -- it rates really high with me. It looks good, with its low-drag Kamm-back design, and it's heaps of fun to drive."

Love This Car

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

"This car has been great!! Just got it about a week ago and could not be happier with it."

Simply terrible. 4/10.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, Looks, Ect"

Cons: "Awful visibility, CVT Transmission"

"This will, make no mistake, 'do you' as a car, in the same way as Lettuce will 'do you' as a food. It just awful.. The whole thing seems to be constructed like a 1950's polish bread queue.. It felt like everything in this car: the steering, the brakes, the throttle, they're all connected to other things using wall paper paste. I know what Honda means.. dismal, depressing, unadventurous, unimaginative, dreary, hopeless, sad, miserable, beige. It was honestly one of the worst cars I have ever driven, it truly was. However... There are a few good points to be said. The turning circle when doing a u-turn on a busy business connection roads was fantastic, it handled it like a motorcycle, that's how tight the turning circle was.. The braking system was very good, but.. the brake peddle and throttle peddle when first getting into the car seemed very hyper sensitive. A full ABS braking from 55 miles an hour to a standstill on wet, downhill, road, was shockingly good.. Thank's to that, it was reasonably safe.. Then when it comes to the Transmission.. The car I was test driving today was equipped with a CVT (Constant Velocity Transmission) - To say the least, it was just terrible. Slow, dimwitted, jerky, I slid backwards and forwards on hills, it ruined the sound of the engine... I would never recommend equipping a car like with a transmission like that. To say the least, I wasn't impressed, I felt a bit sick of how poorly the car had been designed, and for such a mistake by honda, I'm giving it a low 4/10."

wish never bought it. only good thing sometimes

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "ok gas mileage"

Cons: "two many for space allowed"

"the motor will stop at a light.poor rear vision.manual rear view mirror.very stiff ride. buy a seat cushion"

amazing! bought it one year ago today

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "sports car prius eater"

Cons: "side views blind spots still suuuupppper fun!"

brrrr!

"luv love luv love! this car has been the most fun thing i have ever driven,and the best thing to pass a gas station in.... ex navi cvt the paddle shifters really surprise the boys in vettes n the wanna be's in mustangs hahaha."

brrrr!

economy is great handles great uncomfortable

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

"just to low and uncomfortable for me and my wife but u can fill the tank for less than 30 bucks gets 40 mpg highway 35 around town from what we have logged great sound system and handles like a race car not to mention its size makes it easy to park and drive the price was right at the time and my wife needed a car good commuter car for a commute less then 1 hour after that ur back will let u know"

Blind spot, quietest car I ever had, trouble free,

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "price fun economy"

Cons: "my last 10 miles home are all uphill and the batt"

"fun to drive. great radio"

Great small hybrid car

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Great little car. Best combination between hybrid and a sporty car. Handles good and so far so good no problems at all. Design of this car is great. I get complements right abd left on the car and people can't believe it only cost 22K."

Best coupe

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Amazing interior"

Cons: "Only for 2 people"

"I bought this car after totalling my civic and I LOVE it! Amazing on gas mileage and the interior is awesome! Everyone loves my car. The only bad part is that it only fits 2 people. The trunk is huge though. I'm really bummed I have to sell it due to my relocation to NYC. I'll buy another one when I get back to Cali."

funnest car. and most likely to make people stare

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "super awesome/ unduplicated."

Cons: "dislike button for the nonavailable center armrest"

"have had a blast with this car. bought it on the internet after seeing an ad for it on the back of a magazine. the first time i drove it was after i purchased it from the dealer. it has been the best/ most fun car ever.\"

Great car

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great milage"

Cons: "If you have a big dog, it's a big tough"

"Very nice, mileage is great as well as the ability to change the driving configuration. I get 42 miles per gallon! NICE!"

Awsome car

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I've had SSM EX CVT w/navi for over 2 months (2000 miles) now and loved every minute driving it. Great looks, great milage (i get around 42 driving in norm and sport mode), great value!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals