• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

9.8/10

Love This Car

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

"This car has been great!! Just got it about a week ago and could not be happier with it."

Fun to Drive and Easy on the Gas

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "It only holds two people."

"This is a one owner car. I"m the proverbial "little old lady from Pasadena". Has been well taken care with all of it's maintenance kept up. Gets 35 - 38 mpg in town and over 45 on the open road or freeway. Color is a beautiful Northstar Blue. New battery. Original upholstery has had seat covers over it from purchase date, so is in good condition. Loads of storage space. Easy and fun to drive."

wish never bought it. only good thing sometimes

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "ok gas mileage"

Cons: "two many for space allowed"

"the motor will stop at a light.poor rear vision.manual rear view mirror.very stiff ride. buy a seat cushion"

I love my CRZ!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "great fuel economy; fun to drive"

Cons: "placement of heating/cooling vents"

"I had no problems driving my CRZ in the snow last winter. I also get over 40 mpg in the city w/ summer gas. It looks good and has a smooth drive. Even my 6 ft. husband enjoys driving my car (and fits in it as well). The only complaint I have about my car is the placement of the vents for the driver for heating and cooling."

Best Commuter Vehicle For the Money!!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Fun Handling, Good Looks, Fairly Priced"

Cons: "Sluggish Acceleration, Little Storage"

"I bought this car with the sole purpose of using it to drive back and forth to work. Since purchasing, I have found to enjoy this little car so much that I drive it more often than any of my vehicles. I drive 85 miles (170 miles round trip) each day to work and average about 4,900 miles/month. I have tracked all of my fuel and overall associated costs for this car to see how I am doing. Since I bought this car, I have averaged 42mpg with the best tank being 46.7mpg and the worst tank being 32.6mpg. In the spreadsheet that I created to track all of my costs, I have determined that this car literally pays for itself when compared to the cost of driving my Toyota Tacoma over the same amount of mileage (to date, I have saved over $9k in fuel costs alone). This car is extremely economical, but still a fun little car that can handle some winding roads with ease. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a cheap & fun little car, but not for anyone with intentions of using it as a family car."

Sporty car with great mileage!

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Sporty look, awesome gas mileage, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bad rear visibilty, vent system, and seat comfort"

Nice-looking and sporty!

"Love this car in many ways! Fun to drive, lots of electronics, great engine/transmission, great mileage, sporty look, etc. The three driving mode buttons (ECON, NORMAL, and SPORT) allow for a variety of driving conditions. I am a "spirited" driver, so mileage is secondary to getting to where I want to go fast. On freeways I drive 80-90 mph with the cruise on nearly all the time. That would seem to blow away gas mileage but, in reality, I average 33 mpg overall. If I was a more careful driver driving 55-65, I would get 45+ mpg. Just different styles and goals. Interior is great. All the controls are easy to read and accessible, and there are different colored lights on the speedometer that reflect your current driving habit....very cool. Navigation is good with a large screen. Ventilation is good, however, there could be a better vent style that allows for more directional flow, i.e., towards the torso. The seat fabric is nice and somewhat comfortable, but on long trips the seat lacks comfort. Exterior is very good-looking. Design is sporty and clean, however, rear visibility through the back side of the hatch is awful as there is a support strip that blocks the best view. Very poor design for that. The headlights rock! Brightest halogen lights I've ever seen, and that's important in deer country. Some people complain about the lack of power in this car, but I drive my Honda CR-Z hard, and this car is up to the task. Engine and electric motor run flawlessly and the car is fun to drive. The three-mode change for the engine, coupled with an awesome CVT transmission, make for spirited driving if you want it. Overall, I give this car a two thumbs up."

Nice-looking and sporty!

great balance between fuel effiency and power.

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Great balance between power and fuel effeciency"

Cons: "small size car"

"I am accustome to driving full sized luxery cars. Acquired this Honda CRZ from a relative who was moving. I do find that this car has a great balance between fuel effiency and power."

I Love This Car

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and great comfort. Price low 20s"

Cons: "Could use a little more pep"

"Very stylish and sporty look. Reliability is great. I have had no issues whatsoever. It could use a little more pep, but it is a hybrid and supposed to get great gas mileage, so I guess you can't ask for everything. Riding and driving comfort is good and secure."

nice hybrid sporty car

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, decent gas mileage"

Cons: "soft handling,"

"brought my civic in to dealer for service, saw this car and had to have it. overall its a great little car, handling could be better, not great mpg for a hybrid but the styling is awesome, 20k miles without a hitch, squeeked 42mpg out of a tank driving conservitavly, 39mpg with normal driving. plenty of storage for groceries and long weekend get aways, it even carries my kayaks cant say anything bad about this sporty hybrid, this one is a keeper"

Good daily driver

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, cheap to fill up."

Cons: "Blind spots! Not very good mpg for a hybrid"

"I own a 2006 Lexus GS300 and bought the CRZ as a daily driver. It's great! Pros / People like the styling, fun car to drive. Cons / Not the best mpg for a hybrid. Blind spots are bad. Advice / buy the little round mirrors for the corners and you will not be bother by the blind spots. Go for the base model and add your own GPS. The EX Nav is dated and not very good."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals