• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Mileage

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"I'm getting almost 50 miles to the Gallion on the Highway and 40 in town, I do use 92 octg .."

Best Hybrid on the Market

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"This is a great car. It has a lot of power compared to other hybrids on the market. I get a thumbs up everywhere I go. I love the technology, especially the dash and all the toys and goodies that come with the EX at a reasonable price."

I really love this car

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive; great gas mileage; looks great"

Cons: "seat belt accessibility"

"This car is fun and beautiful (I have a blue, EX, 6 speed). Am getting 36 mpg without really changing the way I drive. Love the sport mode for handling, love the tight gearbox and steering. After 33 years of having to own a big car to haul children around I'm thrilled with a two-seater and there is plenty of room for things in the hatch. The only thing I wish I could change is seatbelts are hard to grab and don't adjust for height. Otherwise, I am tall and fit in the car just fine. Test drove a Prius and nearly fell asleep from boredom. I like to drive and the CR-Z is a fabulous combination of a hybrid and a fun, sporty car."

Great value

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Mileage, handling, versatility"

Cons: "Needs backup camera as all hybrids do."

"6000 miles and enjoying every minute. Traded S2000 in on it for the mileage and storage capability. Miss S2000 but this is a great comprimise."

one of a kind!

By on Thursday, June 09, 2011

Pros: "a kick to drive"

Cons: "rear visibility and poor interior lighting.I installed LED bulbs"

"Amazed that this car does not get rave reviews from the auto magazines. Most CR-Z owners love their vehicles.Although the car only holds 2 passengers,there is much room in the rear hatch area. Rear visibility is a problem! Adding a back-up camera"

CR-Z

By on Monday, November 01, 2010

"Excellent value. Great blend of sport and economy. This is one of Honda's better ideas."

CR-Z

By on Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"I do not currently own this vehicle (yet). However, I have test driven the CVT/EX/Navi and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.I currently own a 2009 Scion Xd/AT; the CR-Z feels much more responsive to driver inputs than does my Scion.The fit/finish/ergonomic package is far superior in the Honda. I will be trading vehicles in the (hopefully) not too distant future.By the way, the vehicle I traded for the Scion was a MY 2000 Insight,therefore I feel qualified to express my experiences with each vehicle."

Honda's class act

By on Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Just bought my CRZ. My neighbors and as I drive it look at this super car. I've always been the first in buying super new models. MY PT Cruiser convertible, the first Rideo, Amigo, the new Maxima, Mustang and 3000ZX. We now have three hybrids, 2010 Insight, 2009 Toyota Pruis and my CRZ. Looks are a A plus, seating generally Honda, the dash is super. Its certainly 21st century. EPA is so far around 38 miles per gallon. The ground effects make you fast and furious movie level .Need some more power but I'll take the gas milage. The blue is so hot. hot. hot."

Best Commuter Vehicle For the Money!!

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, Fun Handling, Good Looks, Fairly Priced"

Cons: "Sluggish Acceleration, Little Storage"

"I bought this car with the sole purpose of using it to drive back and forth to work. Since purchasing, I have found to enjoy this little car so much that I drive it more often than any of my vehicles. I drive 85 miles (170 miles round trip) each day to work and average about 4,900 miles/month. I have tracked all of my fuel and overall associated costs for this car to see how I am doing. Since I bought this car, I have averaged 42mpg with the best tank being 46.7mpg and the worst tank being 32.6mpg. In the spreadsheet that I created to track all of my costs, I have determined that this car literally pays for itself when compared to the cost of driving my Toyota Tacoma over the same amount of mileage (to date, I have saved over $9k in fuel costs alone). This car is extremely economical, but still a fun little car that can handle some winding roads with ease. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a cheap & fun little car, but not for anyone with intentions of using it as a family car."

American Reviewers Need To Reassess

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"I've got just over 1200 miles on the car, and I still find just about any excuse to drive the car. One of the funnest cars I've owned. The CR-Z is solidly built and there isn't the slightest rattle:Extraordinary when you consider the price ($21K and 17" wheels). I began to research the CR-Z via U.S. auto reviewers, not owners, as the car had not come to the states yet. Boy, did these guys unfairly rip the car. I just think we got it a little backwards in the U.S. I then began to read UK and other European reviews, and most were very positive and some excellent. In Europe and Asia there are tons of underpowered fun cars most Americans have never heard of.....we're used to horsepower. Maybe Honda inadvertently mislead North Americans by calling the CR-Z "Sporty", which by the way is an accurate description of this 2-seat coupe'. 'Bout the car: *Excellent ride and feel *Firm,but forgiving suspension making this car a joy to drive to and from work, or when you want to take the long way home on your favorite rodes with lots of twisties and sweeping turns. *Aesthetics: great inside and out...not that I care, but people comment about how cool the car looks, and are surprised when I mention it's a hybrid. Seats are excellent in comfort and support, the instrument panel is very cool looking and everything is easy to get to, and not "busy" like some expert reviewers have commented. Interior materials look high quality even though there is some plastic, but overall the interior is great and looks and feels higher quality than one would expect on a $19K-$22K car. Stereo on the Ex is surprisingly pretty good for a factory unit (Ipod/Flash is standard). *Engine performance is an interesting experience and a little difficult to fully put into words....you just gotta test drive one and let the sales guy let you drive the car the way it should be driven. I mostly drive in Sport Mode and am averaging 33.7 MPG. When I tone it down I'm getting about 40MPG in Normal Mode, really don't care for the ECON Mode, but I'm sure it would be useful for a long highway trip on cruise. The car seems to be a great deal quicker than the specs say. Passing at highway speeds is great, there's plenty of power at your disposal if needed. The CR-Z does not feel or drive like a hybrid. My wife has a '10 Insight, which is also a great car in its own right, but they don't compare in the least. The CR-Z has a nice balance of performance and MPG & low emissions. Great handling and power for what the car is meant to be. Love to see peoples' reactions when I pass them at speed on steep freeway uphills."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals