• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 61 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

two cars in one!

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I just bought my cr-z down here in puerto rico paid about 26 k for the ex with manual no navi, paid 5 k in local taxes :( , the only reason i gave it 4 stars on value. Now about the actual car : the exterior is beautiful , unique and stylish, people think im driving an Audi until the see that trusty H on the front grill, the interior is very modern, seats are very nice but get a bit uncomfortable after more than 1 hour driving. The panel is incredible the speedometer with its different colors is very appealing and reflects your mood as you change from eco (green color) to sporty (red) driving styles, all the info you need, mpg, gas range , green score (it even has a little built in reward system where you earn leaves and rank up as you drive greener) easy to access and even easier to comprehend, the sound system is pretty powerful and you can control it from the steering wheel with ease and comfort. But now why i think this car is truly special, we've all felt curious about driving cars that are either more fuel efficient or sportier than our current ones, the CR-Z can give you both worlds, want to save a couple of bucks on gas this week and feel good about your contribution to the environment hit that green Eco button and cruse peacefully while saving $$$, woke up angry at the road wanting to beat up the pavement hit that sport mode and feel like you just switched your hybrid for a compact lighting. Overall great car, very fast for a hybrid, really fuel efficient (so far im averaging 39 mpg manual trans ) very stylish and unique and if you can get it for 20 k not only i envy you but it is an incredible value. Only two gripes electric motor should kick in more often and back visibility should be a little better ."

By on Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Very stylish and sexy. I typically don't like Hondas however this car has changed my view completely. I normally like Range Rovers and Mercedes. This has create control and it is so QUIET! I love how quiet this car is and powerful at the same time. I love the turboboost in this thing..pretty cool."

Excitement

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Awesome! Greet fun to drive and look at Hybrid. Honda has done it again!"

mixed

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"I am about 80% happy w/ this car. It rides really rough, even on the Interstate. Interior space is limited. The electric motor assist does not always kick in, as advertised. Mileage around town is about 34, no more than my previous Accord. I just took a 250 mile trip and my back is aching. Think about it twice, test drive it several times, preferably on a longer drive. It really is an eye catcher but I would not buy it again, thinking of trading it for an Accord."

American Reviewers Need To Reassess

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"I've got just over 1200 miles on the car, and I still find just about any excuse to drive the car. One of the funnest cars I've owned. The CR-Z is solidly built and there isn't the slightest rattle:Extraordinary when you consider the price ($21K and 17" wheels). I began to research the CR-Z via U.S. auto reviewers, not owners, as the car had not come to the states yet. Boy, did these guys unfairly rip the car. I just think we got it a little backwards in the U.S. I then began to read UK and other European reviews, and most were very positive and some excellent. In Europe and Asia there are tons of underpowered fun cars most Americans have never heard of.....we're used to horsepower. Maybe Honda inadvertently mislead North Americans by calling the CR-Z "Sporty", which by the way is an accurate description of this 2-seat coupe'. 'Bout the car: *Excellent ride and feel *Firm,but forgiving suspension making this car a joy to drive to and from work, or when you want to take the long way home on your favorite rodes with lots of twisties and sweeping turns. *Aesthetics: great inside and out...not that I care, but people comment about how cool the car looks, and are surprised when I mention it's a hybrid. Seats are excellent in comfort and support, the instrument panel is very cool looking and everything is easy to get to, and not "busy" like some expert reviewers have commented. Interior materials look high quality even though there is some plastic, but overall the interior is great and looks and feels higher quality than one would expect on a $19K-$22K car. Stereo on the Ex is surprisingly pretty good for a factory unit (Ipod/Flash is standard). *Engine performance is an interesting experience and a little difficult to fully put into words....you just gotta test drive one and let the sales guy let you drive the car the way it should be driven. I mostly drive in Sport Mode and am averaging 33.7 MPG. When I tone it down I'm getting about 40MPG in Normal Mode, really don't care for the ECON Mode, but I'm sure it would be useful for a long highway trip on cruise. The car seems to be a great deal quicker than the specs say. Passing at highway speeds is great, there's plenty of power at your disposal if needed. The CR-Z does not feel or drive like a hybrid. My wife has a '10 Insight, which is also a great car in its own right, but they don't compare in the least. The CR-Z has a nice balance of performance and MPG & low emissions. Great handling and power for what the car is meant to be. Love to see peoples' reactions when I pass them at speed on steep freeway uphills."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for