• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 69 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Excellent Sporty Hybrid

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun drive, good value for the money. Typical Honda"

Cons: "No moonroof. Rear window pilar"

"a fun car to drive, a lot of pep. Very stylish body, good aerodynamics. Comfortable seats and good driving position. Instrument display,functions and location are excellent. Many extras as standard equipment. CVT is quiet and smooth."

One awesome little economy commuter.

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, road handling and feel, design, personality, efficiency,"

Cons: "Deteriorating interior chrom trim. Cloth seats."

"I'm the original owner and have owned this CRZ since Jan 2011. It is a 6 speed EX with premium sound. I have installed a slightly lowered sport suspension and premium wheels. The car rides very nice and tight (sporty). Although it rides a little closer to the ground, there are no problems, except with very steep road transitions. I'm very pleased with this little eco commuter. Returns decent (not great) gas milage in a sporty package. It is like no other car on the market IMO. It is a second car and work commuter for me, so space is a non issue. I agree rear view is a little limited, but acceptable. The interior EX chrome trim is not holding up very well. Other than that I have no other complaints to report."

Fun Car on a Budget

By on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, and great price."

Cons: "2-seater only, and low to the ground."

Pretty Woman!

"I purchased this car as a second vehicle. It seats 2, but has a very large hatch back storage area. It's has 3 driving functions that are easy to change: Normal, Economy and Sport. The ride is firm, the stance is low and the turnaround is very tight and small. Overall this car has been excellent for commuting and offered enough utility and fun in a nice, sporty package. The seats are comfortable and firmly supportive. The Dash is easy to read and the controls are easily understood, too. The return value however is a bit lower than expected, so I will be likely trading it in."

Pretty Woman!

Under rated fun car that get's above 40mpg...

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, cheap on gas, good looking."

Cons: "Inside door trim scuffs very easily."

"After 9k miles owning this CR-Z base CVT, I feel it is time to share my thoughts. I would say the "expert" reviewers are somewhat off...this car is an under rated gem in many respects. It exceeds its mpg. I average 42-43 mpg in mixed driving each tank, and I sometimes drive aggressively. I wanted the 6 speed manual but there were none available at time of purchase. Even the CVT has plenty of power when the electric motor kicks in. Also the S+ button livens things up with an extra boost! I carry much work gear and it all fits easily. I use the cargo bins behind the seats to keep things from moving around when I take corners hard. This car handles well btw...not sports car great but sporty, more sporty that say a Civic. The battery in rear makes the weight distribution better and it feels more balanced. Stereo is good. Plenty of cubbies and nooks to put things. It could use an armrest. A/C is adequate not great. 2 areas where I am unhappy: the door panels scuff easily! I have to wipe them down with a damp cloth for the marks to go away. Also the driver side window rattles a bit like it doesnt seal 100%. Otherwise a fun car that turns heads and gets comments. It has been reliabel and cheapt to operate. Side note: resale is not good...it drops value fast. If I had to do it over I would get a 6 speed manual and the new sport package which ups the hp to 187! But overall a good and fun car so far."

50+ mpg car that is comfortable, fun, and sporty

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No back seats"

"If you drive the vehicle around town and keep it under 65mph the car can get 50+ mpg. I've tested it multiple times and the car is amazing when it comes to miles per gallon. It's a very comfy car and sporty."

Great vehicle, reliable 41 MPG overall

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Good price for a very fuel efficient car."

Cons: "Road noise"

"I've had this vehicle nearly two years. Impressed with the performance- quite peppy, and the fuel economy which I check and record on every tank. Overall has been 41.5 mpg, including a harsh Michigan winter last year. It did fairly well in snow, too. The engine stops when the car stops and restarts when the brake is released. It was easy to get used to that and I no longer even notice it. It has never failed to restart. It is interesting to observe the operation of the hybrid system and to use that real-time information to adjust driving to get better fuel economy. It is a two-seat car and there is room behind the front seats for storage. They almost could have installed two small seats there. Back of that space folds down to provide a flat storage area. There is more road noise than I am used to, but even that seems to be less noticeable with time. Overall a good value and fun to drive."

Extremely Happy with my Vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Is like a Future Car"

Cons: "Not as fast as the competition!"

"Love my car, the only thing is the lack over extra power when is in Sport Mode. Fast, but not fast enough for the Sporty Car it is."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Mileage, fun to drive, modern style."

"Great gas mileage getting 39.9 all city driving. Handles like it's on rails. Gets a lot of attention everywhere I go. Doesn't come with a spare tire, but Honda online store sells a spare tire kit."

Best value for the money.

By on Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pros: "I don't know how Honda sell's it for so little."

Cons: "Only issue is the blind back quarter panels"

"It has options you don't expect to find on a car of this price and the gas mileage is really excellent. I average 32 MPG in the city and hit 40+ on the road doing the speed limit. Honda should of provided a model with a turbo because this car really handles."

Great two seater, needs back up camera!

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Excellent driving car"

Cons: "blind spots"

"Great driving car, excellent mileage, 37mpg+. Limitation is that it does not have jump seats in back for those all too frequent times when you have to give a ride to a third person. The car needs an aftemarket back up camera because there are significant blind spots."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals