• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda CR-Z

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Good Value, Fun to drive, fuel efficient

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, fuel efficient, good price, good value."

Cons: "Rear view takes time to get used to. Harsh ride."

"Nice looking, sporty vehicle with sports car handling. Overall fuel economy 41.5 mpg. Ride is a little harsh. Rear view via interior mirror is blocked by horizontal beam on hatchback. This is likely intended by design to block headlights from vehicles behind us. But it makes it hard to quickly see behind. Interior is modern and very sporty with focus on fuel efficiency. Range of fuel economy doesn't vary much. Low of about 38 in winter conditions, high 45 in suburban driving and about 40 on highway. Engine stops when we stop and restarts when the brake is released. Not hard to get used to that and it has never failed to restart."

Under rated fun car that get's above 40mpg...

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, cheap on gas, good looking."

Cons: "Inside door trim scuffs very easily."

"After 9k miles owning this CR-Z base CVT, I feel it is time to share my thoughts. I would say the "expert" reviewers are somewhat off...this car is an under rated gem in many respects. It exceeds its mpg. I average 42-43 mpg in mixed driving each tank, and I sometimes drive aggressively. I wanted the 6 speed manual but there were none available at time of purchase. Even the CVT has plenty of power when the electric motor kicks in. Also the S+ button livens things up with an extra boost! I carry much work gear and it all fits easily. I use the cargo bins behind the seats to keep things from moving around when I take corners hard. This car handles well btw...not sports car great but sporty, more sporty that say a Civic. The battery in rear makes the weight distribution better and it feels more balanced. Stereo is good. Plenty of cubbies and nooks to put things. It could use an armrest. A/C is adequate not great. 2 areas where I am unhappy: the door panels scuff easily! I have to wipe them down with a damp cloth for the marks to go away. Also the driver side window rattles a bit like it doesnt seal 100%. Otherwise a fun car that turns heads and gets comments. It has been reliabel and cheapt to operate. Side note: resale is not good...it drops value fast. If I had to do it over I would get a 6 speed manual and the new sport package which ups the hp to 187! But overall a good and fun car so far."

50+ mpg car that is comfortable, fun, and sporty

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

Cons: "No back seats"

"If you drive the vehicle around town and keep it under 65mph the car can get 50+ mpg. I've tested it multiple times and the car is amazing when it comes to miles per gallon. It's a very comfy car and sporty."

Great vehicle, reliable 41 MPG overall

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Good price for a very fuel efficient car."

Cons: "Road noise"

"I've had this vehicle nearly two years. Impressed with the performance- quite peppy, and the fuel economy which I check and record on every tank. Overall has been 41.5 mpg, including a harsh Michigan winter last year. It did fairly well in snow, too. The engine stops when the car stops and restarts when the brake is released. It was easy to get used to that and I no longer even notice it. It has never failed to restart. It is interesting to observe the operation of the hybrid system and to use that real-time information to adjust driving to get better fuel economy. It is a two-seat car and there is room behind the front seats for storage. They almost could have installed two small seats there. Back of that space folds down to provide a flat storage area. There is more road noise than I am used to, but even that seems to be less noticeable with time. Overall a good value and fun to drive."

Extremely Happy with my Vehicle!

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Is like a Future Car"

Cons: "Not as fast as the competition!"

"Love my car, the only thing is the lack over extra power when is in Sport Mode. Fast, but not fast enough for the Sporty Car it is."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda CR-Z near Honolulu. See local deals