2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,883 - $23,593.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

7.9

Based on 135 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

Honda makes great products

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas."

Cons: "No power outlets in rear seat or cargo area."

"This is my first Honda and I am very pleased with the quality of the product. I would diffidently buy another Honda product."

Undefeated Champion!

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Low Maintenance, Takes a Licking!"

Cons: "Some excess road noise, actual MPG < Quoted"

"I owned a 1998 with 110,000 miles (w/timing belt) and currently a 2005 with 267,000 miles (w/timing chain)! On both CR-Vs, all I do is change the oil, and this car takes abuse without as much as a whimper! That speaks volumes to me because I have a long commute, and I need a dependable car. I hope they kept the timing chain on the 2014 and 2015 - a HUGE help being one less major repair. This car is comfortable for my family of four. The kids grew up in this car (one car seat at a time.) We've taken many long trips from Canada to Florida in comfort. I find this "car" fun to drive. (It feels like a car to me, but I'm not a truck guy.) An owner of many 4-cylinder cars, I argue it IS peppy perhaps because of the dual overhead cams (DOHC) which reduces the number of moving parts. (A win-win for both performance and less to repair.) If you find this car sluggish ramping up to highway, push the accelerator. The tachometer will tell you the CR-V can take it! (i.e., you'll never redline in any situation). At worst, in a pinch when I needed quick acceleration, I just brushed into the red zone for an instant. Both my CR-Vs show no signs of problems for all my abuse. A real work horse, I trust Honda will not let me down in 2014 or 2015! I liked the large control knobs on the A/C from 2005, but it seems they took that away. The cargo space will surprise you. And, the 60/40 split bench back seat that can fold up out of the way are perfect. It's amazing what it can hold! The only complaint is that I felt there was excessive road noise in the cabin (with windows up). But, it was not so bad that I couldn't live with it. In ten years (with the 2005 CR-V), it quickly slipped my mind. Also, the MPG was not as good as quoted, but not so much to turn me off. I should add we also seriously considered the Toyota Rav4 which is cramped today as it was back in 1998. (I've had them as rental cars, and nothing has changed.) Also, we considered the Subaru Forrester, but it seemed like a glorified little Subaru station wagon in 1998. Only the recent Forrester appears like it may finally have come of age to belong in the small SUV class, but I'm not turning back. Honda has been very, very good to me."

2012 CR-V EX-L my 2nd CR-V

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "comfort, design, interior & exterior design"

"I loved my first one (2006) so much that I got a 2012. The selling features are the comfortable drive, legroom, interior design and price. Granted I am not on the road that much these days and have not hauled myself and family across the country, but the CR-V will pleasantly surprise you on the road. It is fuel efficient and comfortable to drive. I'm looking at getting a new 2015 model."

Not as good as you would think 14000 miles later

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "safe and reliable"

Cons: "Cheap, uncomfortable, no features, no choices"

"I feel sorry for the people who love this car. They must have very low expectations or driven some real dogs in the past. We have been trying to trade ours in for 6 months without loosing too much, the Honda holds its value story is only when the dealer is selling you one. not when you want to trade it in. I finally got the drivers seat less painful to sit in with the help of the local upholstery shop. Cheaply made, few features and very uncomfortable seats with marginal A/C. Also when you buy one you get what they make, lx, ex, ex-l etc. No equipment choices allowed."

great