2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,883 - $23,593.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

7.8

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10

its good for a family starter with a low budget

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "needs more power"

"My opinion on the 2013 Honda CRV is that it should get another engine option. Also use less plastic and a 6 speed automatic transmission. Good features like a comfortable ride and a lot of standard features. Good competitors are the Mazda CX5, Jeep Charokee and Ford Escape."

My Opinions are shifting

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Drive alot, was not comfy or fun.

Pros: "Its a Honda, reliable engines"

Cons: "Shift, Ride, Comfort.."

"I drive ALOT for work over 200 miles daily. I bought this car outright trusting honda's reliability factor and some good reviews.. What a huge disappointment. Everything inside feels very cheap and plastic. The ride was hard which surprised me because it has the multi link rear suspension to my knowledge, but honda must've dropped the ball elsewhere. Road noise was very apparent in this vehicle and caused me some great annoyance. I also noticed the steering had a large comfort zone where it didnt seem to respond immediately.. WHY? I was very let down, to top it off the CVT transmission felt like it never knew at what RPM it should shift, if you like to smash the gas pedal and take off like i do, you will find yourself letting off the gas trying to help the car shift.."

Third new Honda for me

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Value and Reliable"

Cons: "A V/6 would a great, option Not available"

"This 2012 CRV EX AWD. Purchased new a year and a half ago. I use to commute from Phila. International Airport to Owasso Oklahoma. Once a month About a Two Thousand Six Hundred and seventy five mile round trip. Vehicle was quiet and smooth. my average mpg on these trips was about 27mpg. not bad considering some of my trip was through the PA mountains. handled well in sloppy weather. People all have opinion's an myself no different. From the view of an Aircraft Quality Control Inspector. This is a well rounded vehicle for the price. One recommended piece of advise. Not an efficient vehicle to tow with. I towed an 6x10 U-Haul on one long trip. total weight of trailer and contents two thousand lbs.16 mpg and a rough experience driving even with the proper hitch set up. Like I stated earlier This is My Third new Honda. There's a very good reason Honda buyers come back. One word. REALIABLE!"

Excellent and useful car with great mileage

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Usefulness, space, economy, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Plasticky interior, road noise, weak Pandora"

"I've had my 2014 EX AWD CR-V for 3 weeks, and driven about 1200 miles on a mix of highway and city roads. I have had no major issues. The mileage has been really good for an SUV, ranging from 22 to 34 MPG, average 28+ MPG. Coming from a Camry Hybrid which got about 38 MPG, I'm very pleased with this AWD SUV. It is a lot of fun to drive, with responsive handling, albeit a bit vague on center when on the highway with wind affecting tracking a bit. Acceleration is good. I find the large cargo area and one touch folding rear seats great for functional use. The only things I might pick on are the large expanses of hard plastic, lack of Homelink as an option, and no standard auto dimming mirror in the EX level. I installed my own aftermarket Auto dimming Homelink rear view mirror. I had the TPMS light come on last week but after re-calibrating I haven't seen it since. Also, Pandora connection is iffy, requiring plugging and unplugging the USB into my cell phone to get it to play right. I like the seats, adjustability, seat height, compliant ride. It is reasonably quiet, but some tire noise comes in on the highway. I really like my CR-V, and hope it proves reliable in the long run as our other Hondas have been."

Still going strong after five years

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "A lot of car for the money"

Cons: "None really other than the firm ride."

"I have a 2008 EX L/Nav.and the only problem so far is the TPMS light . The light came on last summer even though tires are all up to correct pressure. Will have this checked at next oil change.Only expense so far,other than oil changes and brake fluid, is new battery at three years and tires at 35000 miles. The CRV handles curvy mountain roads in NC as if on tracks and power is more than adequate, if not scorching, on steep hills.The ride is fairly firm,but no worse than other small SUVs I've driven. Gas mileage averages 25 MPG with 29 MPG on long trips. I will probably buy a new CRV when the 2015 models come out."