2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,865 - $23,579.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

7.8

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Vibration and rumble up to 50 mph

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Higher speed driving in cruise is fine"

Cons: "Vibration and rumble very annoying"

"Bought a 2015 EX crv in Oct of 2014. A vibration can be felt and heard at constant speed and slight acceleration up to 50 mph. Dealer tech confirmed and called it a "shudder". Wrote up my complaint and said nothing can be done until Honda gets enough complaints and tries to fix it. It is very irritating. Drove 3 more and all did it. I urge everyone to try this and complain to Honda. Maybe someday they will fix it. Disappointed with the quality I always thought Honda had."

Love Honda and Love this car

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Great quality never had a problem"

"Put Michelin Defender tires on vehicle and it drives like a dream. Honda makes quality cars and did an exceptional job on the CRV."

Vibration problem

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

"My crv has had a vibration problem since I bought it,there is a vibration at around 2000 rpm's. I took it back to the dealer and the service manager agreed there was a problem and said they reported the problem to Honda and were working on a solution. I also took out another 2015 CRV with a mechanic and he agreed with me that there was a problem in the cvt transmission and that the brand new CRV had the same problem as mine' he said also that Honda was aware of it and were working on a solution but because this transmission is brand new they may not of had a lot of complaint's yet"

All around vehicle

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "We truly like everything about this car so far."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"My wife and i really like this car. We bought this car for below invoice($31,180.00). So we made a great value even better. I was skeptical of the Honda SUV. After having it a few months now and driving in northeast Ohio snow belt winter storms i am very happy with the decision we made. I highly recommend this car to anyone."

Great car. Does everything it's supposed to.

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Good price, economical."

Cons: "Noisy tires."

"Great car. Good fuel economy, decent ride, tires are noisy. Holds lots of cargo. Many nice cubbies and storage places. Not terribly powerful but good enough acceleration. I'm very happy with this car."

Rough idle and vibration

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cons: "Jarring and rough ride"

"Rough idle and vibration when stopped very noticeable by front seat passenger especially when touching the door. Dealer claims that a factory fix will be coming but don't hold your breath. This is unacceptable since Honda used to be the gold standard for other SUV'S but not any more, very disappointing."

BEST SUV ON MARKET

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "ROOMY,GREAT MPG,GOOD LOOKS,FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "FOOT OPERATED PARKING BRAKE"

"PLENTY OF POWER,GETTING 28-30MPG IN MOUNTAINS OF N GA.COMFORTABLE,LOADS OF ROOM FOR DOGS AND GROCERIES..ONLY NEGATIVE;PARKING BRAKE...WISH IT WAS HAND OPERATED."

Our new 2015 CRV

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "There's a major improvement with the headlights."

"In October 2014, we traded our 2013 CRV EX-L AWD for a 2015 (same model). What a mistake. The CVT is awful. It shifts constantly (up hill, down hill, flat terrain), its loud (can hear it when the radio is on), and it doesn't have any get up and go unless you put the pedal to the metal. The gas pedal is also difficult to regulate due to the constant shifting of the transmission. Some have reported feeling a vibration but that wasn’t an issue with ours. Before buying a 2015, please test drive for several miles and take it up some hills. Ask the sales person to remain quiet. Listen to and feel the engine. This car would be great for long commutes/thruway/freeway driving but not for short commutes. The console is much smaller--so small that it’s useless. One major improvement is the headlights. Our 2015 had a little more than 2000 miles on it,and we traded it for a new 2014 CRV AWD. The loss ($) was worth not being aggravated every mile that it was driven."

Great vehcle would buy again

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Cons: "A little light on power on hills."

"Wifes car and she loves it. Great in winter.Drove to Florida last winter and was a nice drive. I expected the car to drive like a "go cart'" but it was a great drive and comfortable. A little liight on power in West Virginia mountains but my only complaint."

Love this vehicle.

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

Pros: "Good vehicle for a reasonable price."

"The CRV replaced a 2003 Chevy Silverado, Crew Cab, 4-wheel drive which was totalled in an accident. The CRV is very comfortable to drive, looks good and gets decent gas mileage."

Honda seems to be falling behind the competition

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Honda quality and resale makes the car a smart buy"

Cons: "The Honda CRV ramains a baisc limited options car"

"I traded my 2004 CRV in Dec 2012. I originally wanted another CRV, that is until I compared it with the Mazda CX-5. I was looking for as much technology as I could get in my price range. On my "must" list was buying a car with Blind Spot Warning. Honda didn't offer that option but Mazda did. Mazda also offered quite a bit of other stuff Honda didn't. Fast forward to Nov 2014. I'm trading my wife's Maxima. I noticed the new CRV has the blind spot warning now, so I go to a Honda dealer to check the car out. The Honda version of Blind Spot warning struck me as odd to say the least. It uses a camera instead of a warning light and it only covers the right side of the vehicle. I asked the salesman why it didn't provide coverage for the drivers side. He said Honda didn't think the drivers side blind spot was a problem. Huh? The drivers side outside mirror had something similar to what Ford offers built into the glass. Not all that helpful at night or during bad weather. I didn't think the camera was all that helpful either. I just want to know if a car is in my blind spot I don't need to see it, and I'm wondering how the camera works in bad weather and at night. Anyway, after checking out Honda, Ford and Toyota, I ended up buying another Mazda CX-5."

PROBLEM FACED WITH 2015 HONDA CRV LX AWD

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Vibration issues on the front seat"

Cons: "great mileage"

"Vibration issue of Honda CRV 2015: ==================================================================== I have brought a Brand New Honda CRV AWD LX Model from Honda dealer in NJ. From the day one, i noticed some vibration on the front seat of the car when i am at the STOP sign/signal with car is in the drive mode with my foot on the brake paddle. The vibration is random and not always but can be feel at the back of your body and it is very strong sometime. When i reported the incident to Honda Car Dealer...... ========================================================== I went to the dealer and able to duplicate the problem and showed it to their technician. The technician took the vehicle for test drive and called me after an hour to share his conclusion. Dealer took another brand new 2015 honda crv and found the same issue with other vehicle also. based on the testing the dealer concluded that this problem is there in all new honda crv 2015. They told me they are helpless and cannot do anything and asked me to contact American honda. When i reported to the Manufacturer American Honda..... ======================================================== I called American HOnda(not one time but several times), they gave me the case number and told me to go to the dealer to fix the issue. I told them that i went to the dealer and they find the issue in the vehical. I got a call from some Mr Mohammad(case manager) who represented himself as RM for NJ area. Without doing anything he closed my case#, i called again and asked them to open the case. Mr Mohammed called me again and told me that this is one of the characteristic of HOnda CRV(vibration issue) , i mean he told vibration is a designed functionally and i have to live with this like all other users are living. I told him that my driving get distracted and i feel a sense of discomfort. He said he cannot help . I asked him to escalate but he said, we don’t have any escalation level and i am the only one with whom you can talk. I said to provide the email or phone of management so as to talk to them but he did not provide me the information and CLOSED my case without my consensus and said we are helpless. Root caused as identified with help of the Honda Dealer: ============================================================ I don’t know much about technical details but The ROOT CAUSE is the RPM, when the vehicle is at stop sign in drive mode with foot on brake pedal. Under the stop state, the rpm value is different means, the rpm value is different when the issue is repeatable and the rpm value is different when the vibration does not occur. so it seem under the same stop state, the injection is different from the cvt engine. so ideally the vehicle should not respond different under the same state(drive mode with foot on brake paddle). Unfortunately the manufacturer is not ready to listen to my problem and i am very much annoyed the way my case was handled by american honda."

Outstanding SUV in Every Way

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, good gas mileage."

Cons: "Some wind noise and less room than a Pilot."

"This is my second CRV - a 2014 after a 2011. I did get an EX-L model over an LX this time and found out that it made all the difference in the world. The ride is better, the sound deadening and wind noise is better, and it seems to have more power. Also, I like the power seats and a few other extras that you get in the EX-L. I swear by Hondas and this one is no disappointment. I highly recommend it. The only negative is some wind noise on the highway and that is minor. Quality is top notch."

not powerful, uncomfortable

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

"I bought this car thinking i was going to be very happy given the reputation of Honda vehicles. I do not like it, it has no power, it is not comfortable, the lights are too weak, and there is a huge blind spot at the rear side/. I will not recommend it."

fun to drive

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I own this car
Reason: trade every 3 years - My approximate mileage is 15,800

"roomy,sits high, good on gas"

Best CRV yet!

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Excellent gas milage."

"Excellent gas milage!. 9000 miles averaging 27 miles per gallon. 33 hwy..23 city.. Quietest CRV to date. This is my 5th CRV. Great car for senior citizens."

BEST 4 Cylinder SUV on the market

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "best on the market for value!"

Cons: "need a ladder to wash the top!"

"THIS VEHICLE IS COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE, HAS FANTASTIC FUEL ECONOMY, IS ROOMY ENUF TO PUT LEBRON IN THE BACK SEAT, AND WILL MOVE 18 EGG BOXES AT ONE TIME!IT ALSO IS QUIET AS A MOUSE ON THE ROAD. I LIKE MY WIFE"S SO MUCH, I WENT AND PURCHASED AN 013 ALMOST IDENTICLE!"

Great SUV, Best for the money!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Everything about the car except...."

Cons: "Road noise."

"We really like our 2013 CR-v AWD EX-L with Nav. Excellent interior design, comfortable for long trips, excellent in bad weather (ice and snow). Very good gas mileage. Too much road noise is my only complaint. Honda should insulate the CR-v a little better."

I recommend... HOWEVER...

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Large enough/ Great Trunk"

Cons: "Technology is poor."

"...I have the CRV '12 for 3 years and I would recommend to anyone who likes a reliable small/ medium SUV. However, the dashboard is boring and predictable. I am a tech-guy and I expect more functions, features... and I did not find that. I found the dashboard "ok looking" compared to many others. Also, the bluetooth connection is poor: disconnects, shows error messages on the screen, etc. As a mini-truck I give it a 8. Has enough power for me, however I give it a 7. As for the features, I give this car a 5. If you don't care about the tech part, you will love it. If you do, like me, you will bore very fast."

This is our 2nd CRV and when ready will buy anothe

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good mpg, roomy, nice ride, looks nice"

Cons: "Drivers side mirror (not a big deal)"

"We also own a 2007 also. When ready we will buy another. Dependable dependable dependable! And it gets decent gas mileage, looks nice, has plenty of room (for you and cargo) and rides nice. If you're looking for really flashy or trying to race people from a stop then it's not for you. Otherwise it is an extremely practical vehicle. My only complaint (and it's petty) is I don't like the drivers side mirror. It's different, but you do get used to it. Like I said petty. Both are the ex model with AWD. Live in a state that can get lots of snow. The AWD is worth every penny on a bad snow day. Also, I never understand why people don't spend a few more dollars for the ex."

Honda makes great products

By on Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great on gas."

Cons: "No power outlets in rear seat or cargo area."

"This is my first Honda and I am very pleased with the quality of the product. I would diffidently buy another Honda product."

Undefeated Champion!

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Low Maintenance, Takes a Licking!"

Cons: "Some excess road noise, actual MPG < Quoted"

"I owned a 1998 with 110,000 miles (w/timing belt) and currently a 2005 with 267,000 miles (w/timing chain)! On both CR-Vs, all I do is change the oil, and this car takes abuse without as much as a whimper! That speaks volumes to me because I have a long commute, and I need a dependable car. I hope they kept the timing chain on the 2014 and 2015 - a HUGE help being one less major repair. This car is comfortable for my family of four. The kids grew up in this car (one car seat at a time.) We've taken many long trips from Canada to Florida in comfort. I find this "car" fun to drive. (It feels like a car to me, but I'm not a truck guy.) An owner of many 4-cylinder cars, I argue it IS peppy perhaps because of the dual overhead cams (DOHC) which reduces the number of moving parts. (A win-win for both performance and less to repair.) If you find this car sluggish ramping up to highway, push the accelerator. The tachometer will tell you the CR-V can take it! (i.e., you'll never redline in any situation). At worst, in a pinch when I needed quick acceleration, I just brushed into the red zone for an instant. Both my CR-Vs show no signs of problems for all my abuse. A real work horse, I trust Honda will not let me down in 2014 or 2015! I liked the large control knobs on the A/C from 2005, but it seems they took that away. The cargo space will surprise you. And, the 60/40 split bench back seat that can fold up out of the way are perfect. It's amazing what it can hold! The only complaint is that I felt there was excessive road noise in the cabin (with windows up). But, it was not so bad that I couldn't live with it. In ten years (with the 2005 CR-V), it quickly slipped my mind. Also, the MPG was not as good as quoted, but not so much to turn me off. I should add we also seriously considered the Toyota Rav4 which is cramped today as it was back in 1998. (I've had them as rental cars, and nothing has changed.) Also, we considered the Subaru Forrester, but it seemed like a glorified little Subaru station wagon in 1998. Only the recent Forrester appears like it may finally have come of age to belong in the small SUV class, but I'm not turning back. Honda has been very, very good to me."

2012 CR-V EX-L my 2nd CR-V

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "comfort, design, interior & exterior design"

"I loved my first one (2006) so much that I got a 2012. The selling features are the comfortable drive, legroom, interior design and price. Granted I am not on the road that much these days and have not hauled myself and family across the country, but the CR-V will pleasantly surprise you on the road. It is fuel efficient and comfortable to drive. I'm looking at getting a new 2015 model."

Not as good as you would think 14000 miles later

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "safe and reliable"

Cons: "Cheap, uncomfortable, no features, no choices"

"I feel sorry for the people who love this car. They must have very low expectations or driven some real dogs in the past. We have been trying to trade ours in for 6 months without loosing too much, the Honda holds its value story is only when the dealer is selling you one. not when you want to trade it in. I finally got the drivers seat less painful to sit in with the help of the local upholstery shop. Cheaply made, few features and very uncomfortable seats with marginal A/C. Also when you buy one you get what they make, lx, ex, ex-l etc. No equipment choices allowed."

great