2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,814 - $22,470.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

7.8

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

I hate to say it, not very pleased with the car.

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

"My mother owns a 2012 Honda CR-V, EX. Honda used to be the role model for reliability for cars around the world. In 2006, both of my parents had Hondas and the '06 CR-V was getting a just a little rickety towards the 110,000 mile mark. My father had the '06 Accord and that started getting messed up around the 120,000 mile mark. My mother's '12 CR-V is starting to get a little messed up at 25,000 miles. I, personally, think that Honda, this year, is starting to cut corners with their cheap, plastic panels on the dash and doors. The gaskets aren't very strong on the car and one of them tore because I dropped a gallon of milk on it. All in all, it would be a decent enough car to have for a few years before you would have to keep putting money into it to repair it every couple months."

small. impractical for family travel.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "none known at this time"

Cons: "totally impractical"

"So far in the 5 weeks I have owned it, the CR-V has been reliable. Gas milage is not what I had expected. Had to put all three head rest down in back seat and lower front passenger seat to recline position so I could see out the windows. Driver seat is narrow and uncomfortable on my back. I was disappointed to learn that my phone would not charge while the car motor was not running. The two parts of the back seat do not fit together. There is a large gap between the section you sit on and the back part of the seat. My mail disappeared into that area. I found it when my dog's legs slipped into the same location. unsuitable for my needs."

Over Rated.

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Dependable."

Cons: "Price a little high"

"Bought this car new. So far everthing is working fine. My complaints, Tire pressur sensor does not tell which tire is low when sensor comes on. Light on dash stays on. Comes on in cold weather. Also no option to have a power tail gate lift like American SUV. Ride is rough, like a truck. Milage does not come up to what they advertise. I average 18.9 city driving. Have to get book out to see what all the systems indicators mean. 29 different indicators on instrument panel. I traded in from a Cad. Guess I was spoild."

Best of the small SUVs available

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, value for the price, seating comfort"

Cons: "Rear side visibility"

"I owned one of the first CR-Vs made from 1997. We gave it to our daughter in 2003 and she had been driving it ever since. When the radiator, brakes, and exhaust all went out at the same time after over 180,000 miles we offered her our car and went out to find a replacement for us. We looked at a lot of the small SUVs, including the Toyota RAV-4, Mazda CX-5, Subarus, Jeeps, and Fords. The CR-V was the most comfortable and had the smoothest ride. I am 6' 5" and my wife is 5' 4" so we needed a car that we both could drive. This was the only choice for which the driver's seat adjustments allowed both of us to find comfortable seating positions. We decided to get the EX model even though the differences between it and the LX were minor because we didn't like the black interior that came with the exterior color we wanted on the LX. The EX-L has navigation and other bells and whistles that we didn't really need. The only option on the EX-L that made us consider it was the power drover's seat, but the manual adjustment on the lower models works fine for us. We have had the car about a month so far and really like it. We have only used one tank of gas, but we got about 27 MPG in combined local and highway driving. It feels solid while driving and handles well. Our only minor complaint is that the right rear column blocks some visibility when looking back to change lanes. I haven't really had any problems as a result of this though. Overall we are happy with the car and hope to be able to get the 15 years and 180,000+ miles out of it that we did from our first CR-V."

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "It is a bargain for the price and a blast to drive"

Cons: "None yet."

"I have been a loyal Honda person since I first learned how to drive in my mom's 1991 Accord. The visibility, smooth ride, and handling can not be beat. I got a 1998 CR-V and drove it for 13 years and 141,000 plus miles. My 2013 CR-V LX makes me feel like I was back in my old CR-V. I was lucky to get the 2nd to last base model on the lot for a lot less than the same base model of a Ford Escape, which was a serious contender for a while when I was car shopping. I love this car! I hope this car lasts me as long and longer than my old one."

BEWARE

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Technology dated. Bluetooth does not work with IPhone 5. No idea if/when a fix available. FM Radio Traffic not reliable. Shows accidents a mile away from actual location, shows wet roads after a week of dry weather, heavy traffic when roads are clear and vice versa. Voice controls extremely difficult. Sorry I made this purchase. You have been warned."

Best crossover

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, 28/29 mpg overall"

Cons: "Bridgestone factory installed tires."

"I have own my CR-V for four years. My only compaint is the factory installed Bridgestone Tires. They do not last. No other problems with the car. I am planning to buy another CR-V in the future. For those that change their oil, it is very easy."

If you get the LX you will save about $2000

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "drives very well, good space"

Cons: "no arm rest for front passenger in LX"

"I just got the 2013 CRV LX AWD . I am a car salesman at a high end import brand. I thought the CRV was a great value, the handeling and power are good. It is a 4 cyl and if you let the engine get to higher RPMs it has some pull. I have the LX and am dissapointed that there is no front passenger arm rest and no dealer option to install one in the LX model. I think the passenger will miss it on long trips. The ECO button is nice with the green lights they help to keep you aware of your driving style so that you try and save gas. Over all a very nice car."

A great step "down"

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, mileage, sound system, styling"

Cons: "Steering, slight lack of cool convenience items"

"Had a Mitsubishi V6 SUV - mediocre engineering, crummy mileage, etc. We needed to have something with better mileage and, especially, more reliable. LOVE our CR-V, everything about it says engineering and reliablility. A proven design, and reliance on proven performance and reliablity is everything. It doesn't have some of the latest gadgets and technology, such as things that Kia and Mazda have, but everything works well and as it should. The one disappointment is the nav system, but we knew that from reviews going in, and it works well enough to do what it needs to do. A driving disappointment is the new electric-assisted power steering. Many reviewers call it "vague" - I totally agree. I am used to it now, but a week off from driving it and I have to re-learn it. Having said that, I do enjoy driving it and only look forward to replacing the OEM Bridgestone tires which are too hard for my preference and certainly account for the noisy ride on certain surfaces. We're getting the advertised mileage and are 100% pleased with our CR-V"

Love this car!!!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Love this car!!!"

Decent SUV for the money. Good value.

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Overall good small SUV"

Cons: "4 cyl. only. Voice recognition. No homelink."

"2012 AWD EXL w/nav. Pros: Overall good value. Decent SUV for the money. Good cargo capacity. Easy fold down seats. Parking is easy. Nice exterior styling. Good radio controls. Nice backup camera. Roomy console storage area. Roomy back seat. Cons: Need a 6 cylinder option. Acceleration is just ok. Voice recognition is awful! Small gas tank. Gas mileage should be better. Seats not that comfortable. Considerable highway noise. No homelink option available. Must be stopped to use navigation screen (again, lousy voice recognition). Shut off the seat belt chime after a 1 or 2 times-- I get it, seat belt not on. Wimpy horn. Needs a change holder. Rear view mirror is small. Interior color choices are odd. Top half is one color that doesn't match any of the 3 color choices. Bbottom is different, not a good color match."

Outstanding Purchase

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "A very good driver, nicely styled, comfortable."

Cons: "Power seat for driver, outside rearview mirror"

"We are very impressed with our 2012 CR-V. The car handles extremely well. Steering is quick and the electric assisted power steering takes some getting used to but after a few drives becomes very comfortable. New drivers should pay attention to not "drift" with the quick steering. The interior is very nicely appointed with easy use of controls and visability of instrumentation. The front seat area provides freedom of movement, comfortable seats and nice storage in the center console. The standard rearview camera is a really nice safety feature. The rear seating area is comfortable and very adequate to seat two full sized adults plus one smaller adult in the middle. Rear storage is very adequate enhanced even more so by folding down the rear seats. The "one-touch" fold down rear seats from either the side or rear of the vehicle is awesome. The design and styling of the CR-V is very impressive. You are provided ease of ingress into the vehicle and ease of egress too. The CR-V gives you the feel of driving a passenger car with the utility of an SUV. The power of the CR-V is very adequate. My last vehicle was powered by a 5.7 "Hemi" and while the CR-V is no "Hemi," power is very adequate to meet all driving requirements including passing even while in the "ECO" driving mode. This vehicle is outstanding in every respect."

interior quality poor

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "nterior storage good"

Cons: "rear visability"

"front seats are uncomfortable and vision restricted in rear"

vehicle is a piece of junk

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Loud whining noise between 50-60 mph. Honda will do nothing about it (characteristic noise) they say . Look at other manufactures. I would not recommend a Honda to my worse enemy, DON'T BUY a HONDA CRV"

Avoid this vehicle

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cons: "Do not buy this vehicle"

"Noisy inside the cabin-No acceleration the engine has no power- shakes, you feel every pot hole and it moves from side to side when the wind hits it. Its not good on gas either"

THE BEST EVER!!!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "SAFE, luxury, smooth ride, great price"

Cons: "More leg room for tall people in front and in back"

"This is my 4th Honda and my 2nd CRV. I loved all of them but particularly loved everything about my new EX-L CRV. I've had it 5 months. Unfortunately, last week I was in a serious car accident and my honda may likely be totaled but I was not! Thankful the 2012 Honda CRV was built so strong that it withstood someone broadsiding me on the driver's side door and front quarter panel with a full sized pickup doing approximately 50 mph and they never hit their brakes. All witnesses reported that the car took such a horrible hit and they were amazed that I walked away. Not to say that I was not injured because I was, but I am alive!!"

The perfect family car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Practicality, smooth to drive, thoughtful design."

Cons: "Could have more power I guess."

"This is a car whose excellence cannot be defined by 0-60 times and the numbers on a spec sheet. What it is is the most intelligently designed family car i've come across. I am a former Volvo owner who thought i'd be buying a much more expensive car like an Audi, a TSX wagon, or a Volvo until I tried the CRV. I was so blown away with its combination of price, refinement, and versatility that I bought one. Never thought i'd end up in one but i'm happy I tried it. The interior packaging is exceptional. Despite the fact that the car is not that large on the outside it has tons of rear-seat room and excellent cargo room. The high roofline gives it an airy feel. The interior impresses on many other counts. For instance the large bin between the seats, the conversation mirror/sunglass holder, and the easy fold rear seats are excellent features for families. It also has tons of little spots for interior storage. Those things matter a lot more to families doing real world driving than eight speed transmissions and 280 horsepower engines. Gauges are excellent and buttons are large (at least on the non sat-nav models). The car also drives very well. It isn't meant for charging up a mountain road but the engine is quiet, the transmission is smooth, and road noise is well controlled. It is much quieter than our older Accord and Volvo wagon on the highway. The ride is also pretty good and the handling is car like with excellent steering feel and little body lean. One of the biggest thing that drew me to the car was how smooth and easy it is to drive. It feels like a more expensive machine in terms of refinement. It is not fast by any means but it has no problems keeping up with traffic. 185 horsepower would have been seen as a lot not too long ago. My mileage has been better than the Volvo and Audi wagon's we've had. On highway heavy fill-ups i've averaged as much as 34. I do more city and mixed driving and my overall average has been in the 26-27 range so not brilliant but not bad either. Overall this is a wonderful car. It is exceptionally practical for a family man like me, is not expensive, is smooth to drive, and as a Honda should last a long time. It also has excellent safety ratings which matter a lot to me. I would absolutely buy it again."

Great overall vehicle

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "MPG, space, std equipment, reliability"

Cons: "passing power, driver's mirror, flat seat cushions"

"Have had the CRV EX-L for a little over 3 mos now. Not a thing has problem. Fit and finish is excellent. Controls, radio are perfect. And the space within such a small vehicle cannot be topped. Pros - Space, MPG (31.5 avg), smoothness on highway, radio clarity, just an overall great package Cons - Lack of midrange power to pass with (a real dog there), wind buffering on the highway with the glass down even just a bit, driver mirror is useless, lack of downshifting option on the transmission (would help w/passing), better designed seat cushions. All, but the power are rather minor. For midterm changes I hope they add 10-15 additional HP (I'll take the MPG loss), better driver seat design, an easier USB plug-in port, 6 sp transmission w/downshifting capability) Even without the changes they will still sell fast"

It's a Honda

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "less road noise, great MPG, Best quality"

Cons: "no programmable seat, no garage opener"

"What can I say, every other car on the road is not a Honda. Quality and reliability cannot be topped. I ended up leasing the 2012 for my wife and she absoluley loves it. She upgraded from a 2000 Civic and have not looked back. I am a "Honda guy" and own all Honda cars (besides my truck), power equipment, motorcycle, etc. and I have not been disappointed yet!"

smooth

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Honda quality and fun to drive"

Cons: "kind of expensive for the features included (EX)"

Basque Red-AWD

"last tank avg mpg was 31.24, pretty good considering only 1500 total miles. Engine is very quiet, ride is smooth, controls are simple. Honda could improve the radio, offer XM standard and homelink/auto dim mirror. Would also like a leather steering wheel on the EX and power lifgate."

Basque Red-AWD

Love this car

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive , hands free link a plus"

Cons: "none so far"

"I traded in a 2008 EX-L to get all the extra features I wanted. I have had the car since Feb and it is great in the snow. Great pick up for a 4 cylinder, no problem passing on country roads. Great comfort Love everything about it!"

Awesome car for your money

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "driver's side mirror annoying"

"This car is awesome! Traded up for this from a 2008 CR-V which I also loved. This has a bit more space and gets better gas mileage; I average about 31 hwy. I like the i-Mid screen how it can be personalized and the display. Controls on the steering wheel are confusing at first but easy to navigate after a while. The model I have is an EX-L so I have the leather seats which are nice but could be a bit more comfy. Back-up camera really helps too. The only thing I'm disappointed in are little things. The driver's side mirror and how it has what is known as an "extended view display"-the idea behind it is the mirror is divided almost in half and the outer part has a different kind of mirror that's supposed to let the driver see over an extra lane. In my experience all it's been is not helpful but frustrating-it distorts my vision in the mirror so I have to rely on only the normal half of the mirror. I'm thinking of just getting it replaced. Also, the air vent is positioned right where the 10/2 hand placement is on the steering wheel so if I hold my steering wheel like you're supposed to, my hand gets frozen from the air vent blowing straight on it. I just hold the steering wheel a little different to avoid that issue. Other than that, I love the space"

best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Great value. Roomy inside. Tons of technology."

"I have owned 4 honda cars and this is by far my favorite."

Too Many Improvements to Mention

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Easy to Steer, Comfortable Leather Seats"

Cons: "Parking Brake Location, No Homelink"

"The 2012 Honda CRV-L is a completely different car than the 1999 Honda CRV that I traded in. It is roomier, has 40 more horse power (overpowered actually), yet gets better gas mileage due to its lower roof line. I have a bad back and got a back ache just sitting for 5 minutes in the previous year (2011) CRV-L. The leather seats in the 2012 are greatly improved. No back ache even after a long trip. The graphics on the navigation system are outdated but the system works well. The maps are more up to date than Google maps, it has a touch screen, correctly routed me to my destination, love the travel directions on the second screen and the speech recognition works even with moderate road noise (something Garmin can't do). I don't know what the complaint about 5 speed versus 6 speed transmission is about. The 5 speed is a proven reliable transmission. The transmission and engine on the 1999 CRV I traded in were still in perfect running condition. A few of my complaints (and these are more for Honda engineers): 1. The placement of the parking brake could be better. 2. No Homelink. I fixed this by adding a Gentex 41A mirror with homelink and Honda 08V03-TOA-100 accessory kit. The kit comes with excellent installation instructions and is easier to install than it looks. 3. No power lift gate. The local Acura dealer tells me that the RDX actuator won't fit on the CRV. The Acura RDX is an up scale version of the CRV, but costs $10000 more plus $5000 additional for fuel (lower mpg premium gas). This is the reason I rated the CRV so high."

Reliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas mileage, cool features"

Cons: "a little road noise but not overwhelming"

"I bought the EX model back in April. I have put 2800 miles so far on the vehicle. I have to say I love this vehicle. I traded in a heavy V6 model to get better gas mileage. The vehicle has lived up to my expectations. I feel the vehicle drives better the more miles I put on it. I am averaging around 29 miles per gallon with mixed driving. I find the vehicle to be smooth, easy to drive, and love all the features. I am very happy I made this purchase. I knew the moment I sat in the vehicle for a test drive that I would make a good choice in purchasing the vehicle. I recommed if you have doubts about purchasing to take a test drive and see how amazing this CRV really is."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next