• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,942 - $22,545.

10/7.7

7.7

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

vehicle is OK-considering other SUV's

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

I don't own this car

"gas mileage is vg-just returned from 2,000 mile trip and averaged 33-35mpg Road noise is terrible"

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

"Traded my Toyota RAV for 2013 Honda CRV. Better value; more space; beautiful interior; am completely satisfied. Hope this one lasts for ten years like my RAV did. cup holders are everywhere they are needed. rolltop console between the front seats holds everything needed. fun to drive. easy to see out the back because the back seat head rests fold down when not in use. back up camera is awesome. just a nice vehicle. back seats fold down with a press of a button. no hassles. huge trunk space. happy happy happy"

great vehicle for the money !

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

"I purchased a 2013 the first part of the year,I was looking for a vehicle with some cargo space ,and good MPG,and good resale value,the crv fit the bill.The car now has 17000+ miles no issues averaging 27 MPG,thats driving easy,gets 30 to 32 on highway,nice ride ,bluetooth works well,put after market wheels on it to give it a sportier look,gets a lot of compliments with wheel change,would buy again, just wish it had a little more room."

Such a disappointment. tHIS CAR IS DANGEROUS

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "NICE RIDING VEHICLE, HANDLES WELL, COMFORTABLE,"

Cons: "DANGEROUS HEADLIGHT AND BLIND SPOTS"

"This is my 5th Honda and I have LOVED each and every one -- except for this disappointing CRV. There is a dangerous headlight problem -- low beams are dim and do not fill the road and you lose light when you turn. High Beams shine on the trees and the immediate front of the road is dark. AND equally dangerous series of blind spots preventing the driver to see traffic from the side and behind. Head rests are set at such an angle that they block vision as well. Check out any CRV Owners Web Blog for more information. UNSAFE VEHICLE"

Front seats cause horrible back pain!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Great value and features for the price"

Cons: "Poorly designed front seats cause horrible back pa"

"The front seats are SOOO uncomfortable that if I drive it longer than 5 minutes (my commute is 1hr) then I have horrible back pain for the rest of the day. I have tried countless configurations of seat position and NOTHING works. I never had this problem in my Tiquan and I don't have the problem when I drive our CC... but the instant I drive the CRV my back gets tweaked. Its not just me, my wife has the same issues. It is so bad that we have decided to trade it in and take the loss instead of enduring any more time with the back pain. If you do decide to buy this car be sure to take it out for a full day's test drive."

Much improved from previous years

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Great value; Honda reliability; drive one!"

Cons: "none yet...1000 miles so far."

"I recently traded my 2010 Honda CR-V EXL AWD for the same model for 2013. This vehicle is much quieter than the 2010, virtually no road noise...even with the windows open! Front visibility is improved and although the rear window is somewhat smaller, the back-up camera is very helpful especially when parallel parking. The horsepower is slightly higher but it is much quicker than before, with the shifter down shift button this car gets into highway traffic faster and easier than before...not as fast as my wife's Accord coupe 6 cyl, but very good. Gas mileage is better than the 2010 right off the showroom floor. The seats, both front and rear, are more comfortable. Electrically assisted steering takes a little getting used to but is an improvement as well. New displays, Bluetooth, fewer console buttons all make driving easier. Honda added fog lights and headlights that stay on for about 30 seconds while you walk to the house. The split driver's side mirror is useless and annoying but otherwise the improvements are worthwhile. I used KBB info for pricing the 2013 and for my trade value and got exactly what KBB recommended...good info KBB! All in all, a very good buy for the money, sticker was $1170.00 more than my 2010 four years later with additions and improvements...isn't bad."

Comfort & reliability

By on Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pros: "AWD - drivability- comfort"

Cons: "Blind spot right r1/4-cheap radio- needs more hp"

"Vehicle is what it appears to be, well made and comfortable. Would have liked more HP, the radio lacks in true deep sound, and would have liked to seen Honda do something for the blind spot in the right rear but all in all this is a good value and will be dependable for years to come. AWD is the only way to go if you see snow..."

Fine quality, as expected

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "great size, great price, much standard equipment"

Cons: "dealer was difficult in negotiations"

"Bought this vehicle after reviewing and testing others in the class. It has the size needed for my family (we are large people), has plenty of interior room for the price. Drives very comfortably. A round trip from Citrus Co. to Orlando (Florida)and back averaged 35.9 MPG with in-town, turnpike and local road driving included, certainly more than we expected. We purchased the LX base model and it has all the amenities we desired. Love the car."

Very reliable, excellent price

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "great price, reliable, lots of room, great on gas"

Cons: "back door not automatic, no arm rest on seats"

"Very reliable car lots of room, it drives very smooth does not feel like an SUV at all. Nice to have the Bluetooth and rear camera. Exterior and interior design is ok, could be better. Overall very nice car for the price excellent on gas."

It's the little (and not so little) things.....

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Cons: "not well engineered for driver comfort"

"Unhappy with several significant issues. First the seat belt height is barely adjustable and cuts across my neck no matter what adjustments made with the belt or seat position. Blind spots at front corners of the windshield are significant, along with very limited vision at the rear corners (mirrors and back up camera are good). The Honda emblem embedded in the steering wheel is shiny chrome that reflects into driver's eyes when sun shining in drivers side window. The head restraints force my head forward if the seat back is adjusted forward enough to support my back. I bought this because of Honda reliability and hope that in the long run that will offset my current frustration."

Great car for what you need to get around...

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "AWD in snow is great, roomy and great MPG"

Cons: "No cooled seat, PEP is nothing to brag about...."

2012 Honda CR-V, EX-L Package, No Nav or RES thou.. Still nice SUV

"I leased the redesigned 2012 CR-V, Honda Lease is awesome!! I replace a Pontiac Torrent (Chevy Equinox twin) with this. It had everything my other car had room for 5, cargo room & AWD. Living in Mass, the AWD is something I look for. The gas mileage is far better than the Torrent. I am averaging 22 MPG, I commute thru 2 towns to the office, no highway. I have driven to central PA and only needed the one tank, Thumbs up to that!! Cons: I kinda wish it had more HP, I know you lose MPG but it would be nice to step on it and go, well better than it does now, maybe a TURBO or V6 option...HHmmm Honda???"

2012 Honda CR-V, EX-L Package, No Nav or RES thou.. Still nice SUV

GREAT CAR

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Cons: "NONE"

"EXCELLENT SUSPENSION. GOOD RIDE, COMFORTABLE SEATING. 30MPG. FEELS LIKE THE FORD EXPLORER I HAD BUT MUCH EASIER TO DRIVE. DROVE FROM FLA TO OHIO WITH A HEAVY LOAD. COULDN'T EVEN TELL THE DIFFERENCE."

2009 CRV

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "gas mileage, comfort, reliable, excellent in snow"

Cons: "tires, seats stain easily and nasty blind spot"

"This car is roomy and comfortable and is a beast in the snow. Very reliable and gas mileage was great. The only downfall was the seats stain very easily. I have grey cloth and you spill water on them and they stain. There is a nasty blind spot in the back and with under 20000 miles, I had to put new tires on the vehicle. If you buy this vehicle, upgrade and get better tires, the Bridgestone Dueler HP tires are lowsy. I would like to buy another one, but I do not like the options they have for tires at my local dealership"

Nice, reliable car but needs updates on features

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "another great Honda vehicle"

Cons: "needs a few updates"

"The 2013 Honda CRV drives well overall. I expected the vehicle to have certain features in order to compete with other crossover SUV makers. Some basic features that should have been installed in the 2013 CRV include blind spot indicator, automatic hatch door opener and adjustable air vents for the rear passengers."

Updated Review!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Amount of room and good reliability so far"

Cons: "VERY outdated technology (NAV)"

"This is an updated review from my last review on 18 March 2012 titled, "EXCELLENT "SUV" for the Money!" Now that I have done some traveling and put a good amount of miles on it, I'd like to do an updated. I am still very pleased with the purchase and still believe that for the money, there really isn't anything better. Some things I don't like are (some are still from my first review): * The infotainment system (NAV, radio, bluetooth...), can't stand it, still feels and looks outdated and slow to respond, not intuitive at all. I have owned multiple German brand products and their infotainment system is outstanding! I know we are comparing apples to oranges in technology but Honda could seriously give that system a boost for not much money. So if I were you, skip the NAV and buy a portable one. * Gas mileage is good (maybe 22 to 24 mpg's at the most...I think just as advertised); however, it could be better since others in it's class has better mpg's. * Driving dynamics are good; however, any slight wind will sway the car; never really experienced that much swaying in other vehicles unless it was really high winds. * Very underpowered whenever you are merging on the highway or want to pass...not a good feeling to have. I really think Honda needs to get a turbo on that engine or get a V6 option that gives more torque. The things I like: * ROOMY for a small CUV. I can't believe the amount of stuff I can fit in there! That is the biggest selling point if you want a small CUV with a LOT of room. I did a couple of long haul trips with a toddler (if you have kids, you know the amount of stuff you will take with you); also, I moved lots of boxes during a household move. Those fold down seats give you a ridiculous amount of room. * Comfortable on long trips. I made a couple of 600+ mile trips and it was really good. * So far, very reliable. I do get some weird engine noise on first start up whenever the weather was cold. I don't think it's anything major though, just a cold start up. * I like the maintenance display because it tells you how much life the oil has left. I have had 3 oil changes in the last 18000 miles (so about every 5K miles I get one or when the display says 15% life left). The reason why I am giving this CUV a 10 (even though I had some complaints) is because my needs of room and reliability for buying a small CUV were definitely met. I am definitely keeping the vehicle for as long as it runs good."

Updated Review!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Amount of room and good reliability so far"

Cons: "VERY outdated technology (NAV)"

Very Cheaply Made

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "good engine"

Cons: "cheap body and interior"

"Need little more than a Sedan in space, little more than a big SUV in milage and not break my bank. CRV is the perfect fit with Honda's engine reliability. Not satisfied with the body at all. It is very cheaply made. Can easily put a dent to it even with a slightest punch. I wonder what will happen to it in a crash. The interior is also very cheap. Honda tried to cut corners every where they can to sell the car for low 20s. Would not recommend this car to anyone who pay attention to every detail.. Very Very cheaply made again. I hope the engine will last."

Converted Toyo to Honda owner

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Safetly, gas mileage"

"I am leasing my CRV because I wasn't sure I would love it like I did my 4Runner. I LOVE IT!! I am driving 32 miles each way to work, combined city /hwy and am consistently at 32 mpg. Steering is very responsive (I over corrected and did not wreck) and once had a chance to test the brakes which were spot on. I am planning to purchase this car. Love the leather interior!"

Honda always

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Best"

"My CR-V is a 2008. We get 26 mpg in town and 33 mpg highway. Beautiful cream colored interior, well made, quiet and roomy. Not a single problem since we bought it. Absolutely love it and would buy another one in a heart beat."

Great value for a small SUV

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Reason: Wife wanted something with more power

Pros: "Crazy (Good) re-sale value"

Cons: "No home link or power lift gate"

"Honda continues to amaze me with their resale value. We owned the car for a year and put over 17k miles on it, then sold it for pretty close to what we paid for it. Amazing, considering no major price increase on the 2013's. The only reason we got rid of it is that my wife is used to V6's and V8's and could never warm up to the 4 cylinder. As far as I was concerned, it had plenty of power for what is was. We both would have liked it better if it had home-link and a power lift gate. We bought the top of the line EX-L AWD, so you would think that those options would be available,but were not."

Almost pefect

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

"Would like a liitle more pick up on take off and an power hatch other than that it is perfect"

Great SUV for the price

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Very good price and fun to drive"

Cons: "No remote trunk release & no opening windows remot"

"Loved the feel of the CRV compared to Accord...however I'd prefer if the similar features of the Accord were implemented to the CRV..e.g holding the auto door log button on the remote key fob does NOT open the windows [especially in Texas where the summers are quite hot] thus letting out the heat while approaching the vehicle and the other issue is the trunk release feature is absent from the remote key fob..which again makes it tedious to open the trunk when your hands are full."

Good bang for the buck

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "good resale, good mileage"

Cons: "USB connection should be in better place"

"I have been driving a full size SUV for about 8 years before purchasing this CRV. I love the mileage, but this feels like what it is while driving it, a smaller Honda SUV. That's not to say it's all bad, because it isn't. I now get DOUBLE the gas mileage. It can hold enough luggage for me and the wife, and enough room for 4 adults. Don't expect it to gratify your ego, this is just really good basic transportation with a few extra accessories not available w/ other manufacturers for the same price."

New Design doesn't work for me

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Bluetooth and color"

Cons: "Design"

"I traded in my 2007 CRV-EXL AWD FOR THE 2013. What a mistake. The gas mileage isn't that great and they made the car lighter for fuel efficiency. It's seems cheaper.  The road noise has not improved i find my self talking louder to my paasenger. It sounds like the windows are open but they arent. The navigation system isn't that great. My $120 Tom Tom is better.  The hands Free Link doesn't recognize half of my voice commands even though they are on the menu. The cruise control is squirrally, my old one stayed within 2 mph of my setting and this one goes 8 mph over the setting going downhill.  The resumé button is not responsive for accelerating. The back seat is my biggest problem. It doesn't move and the recline has no adjustment so I lost storage capacity.  I even asked the sales girl if the seat moved she said yes, i didnt check it until after i bought it. What a shock that was. The new design to fold the seats down is great if that's what you want. I travel between Wa and Az with two dogs. I dont fold the seats down. The text message send function doesn't work with the iPhone although that was one of the features mentioned by the sales girl. She knew i had an iphone. Although i got a beige interior the seats look more gray and the carpet and dash are dark and make the cabin feel cramped.  They replaced the space in front of the console on the floor where I put my purse with a bigger console but the area on the console with both armrests down is too narrow for my purse to sit conveniently. The right arm rest seems really high. The left armrest seems really low. The telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. I like the driver seat options but you loose dashboard visibility when you move seat higher. There is only one glove box. The steering wheel leather feels like plastic. Very slippery not comfortable. What DO I Like. That my iPhone connects by Bluetooth so phone calls, audio books, and music are connected with no wires.  I love the Urban Titanium color, i understand its being discontinued. The backup camera. I like the driver seat adjustments. I wish I had gotten a 2011. 2012 is when they changed the design stuff I don't like."

Seems very small for an SUV

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Good MPG, excellent cargo capacity"

Cons: "driver's seat styling"

"I have the 2011 Honda CR-V. For some odd reason, I find myself constantly leaning to the left when driving this car. I don't like not having a center console that meets my right elbow, so my body overcompensates to the left. I think that the styling of the driver's seat also contributes to my tendency to lean left. It is frustrating. Even when I consciously try to sit straight, I begin to unconsciously drift left again. The car holds a good amount of stuff. I go to craft fairs a lot and it holds 3 tables, a large chair, displays, totes, and more. I can't complain about the cargo capacity. Overall my only complaints about the car are the weirdness of the driver's seat/area, which is probably just me, and the center console, which I would like to be higher."

See if you qualify for