• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,969 - $22,563.

10/7.7

7.7

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next

Awesome car for your money

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "driver's side mirror annoying"

"This car is awesome! Traded up for this from a 2008 CR-V which I also loved. This has a bit more space and gets better gas mileage; I average about 31 hwy. I like the i-Mid screen how it can be personalized and the display. Controls on the steering wheel are confusing at first but easy to navigate after a while. The model I have is an EX-L so I have the leather seats which are nice but could be a bit more comfy. Back-up camera really helps too. The only thing I'm disappointed in are little things. The driver's side mirror and how it has what is known as an "extended view display"-the idea behind it is the mirror is divided almost in half and the outer part has a different kind of mirror that's supposed to let the driver see over an extra lane. In my experience all it's been is not helpful but frustrating-it distorts my vision in the mirror so I have to rely on only the normal half of the mirror. I'm thinking of just getting it replaced. Also, the air vent is positioned right where the 10/2 hand placement is on the steering wheel so if I hold my steering wheel like you're supposed to, my hand gets frozen from the air vent blowing straight on it. I just hold the steering wheel a little different to avoid that issue. Other than that, I love the space"

best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Great value. Roomy inside. Tons of technology."

"I have owned 4 honda cars and this is by far my favorite."

Too Many Improvements to Mention

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Easy to Steer, Comfortable Leather Seats"

Cons: "Parking Brake Location, No Homelink"

"The 2012 Honda CRV-L is a completely different car than the 1999 Honda CRV that I traded in. It is roomier, has 40 more horse power (overpowered actually), yet gets better gas mileage due to its lower roof line. I have a bad back and got a back ache just sitting for 5 minutes in the previous year (2011) CRV-L. The leather seats in the 2012 are greatly improved. No back ache even after a long trip. The graphics on the navigation system are outdated but the system works well. The maps are more up to date than Google maps, it has a touch screen, correctly routed me to my destination, love the travel directions on the second screen and the speech recognition works even with moderate road noise (something Garmin can't do). I don't know what the complaint about 5 speed versus 6 speed transmission is about. The 5 speed is a proven reliable transmission. The transmission and engine on the 1999 CRV I traded in were still in perfect running condition. A few of my complaints (and these are more for Honda engineers): 1. The placement of the parking brake could be better. 2. No Homelink. I fixed this by adding a Gentex 41A mirror with homelink and Honda 08V03-TOA-100 accessory kit. The kit comes with excellent installation instructions and is easier to install than it looks. 3. No power lift gate. The local Acura dealer tells me that the RDX actuator won't fit on the CRV. The Acura RDX is an up scale version of the CRV, but costs $10000 more plus $5000 additional for fuel (lower mpg premium gas). This is the reason I rated the CRV so high."

Reliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas mileage, cool features"

Cons: "a little road noise but not overwhelming"

"I bought the EX model back in April. I have put 2800 miles so far on the vehicle. I have to say I love this vehicle. I traded in a heavy V6 model to get better gas mileage. The vehicle has lived up to my expectations. I feel the vehicle drives better the more miles I put on it. I am averaging around 29 miles per gallon with mixed driving. I find the vehicle to be smooth, easy to drive, and love all the features. I am very happy I made this purchase. I knew the moment I sat in the vehicle for a test drive that I would make a good choice in purchasing the vehicle. I recommed if you have doubts about purchasing to take a test drive and see how amazing this CRV really is."

Smooth, Comfortable, and Quiet ride

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Really fun to drive, it's as smooth as a car"

Cons: "Stereo could be stronger."

"I have now had this 2012 CR-V for 1 month, and I'm averaging 32 mpg (400 miles per 12 1/2 gallons of gas). Having a 1997 Jimmy GMC before this I was putting in 20.00 of gas every other day. Now I only put in 40.00 a week (saving at least 40.00 a week, helps to make the payments, do the math that's 160 to 200/month) If you decide to get this car over the Equinox you will not be disappointed, you should test drive them both and make your own decision, I know I have. Get the navigation system as you will not be disappointed with all the neat gadgets. The xm radio is really nice, along with the cool navigation system you will never be lost or ask for directions. Oh ya this car talks to you, with things like put on your seat belt, etc... and you can talk back to it asking for the nearest... just about anything. It's like having a phone book in your car without having to open it. So far my highest mpg trip was 42 mpg on a 30 mile trip, maybe I had the wind behind me and the elevation going down, keep in mind this was at a speed of 55-60. Now I have done a 80 mile trip @ 70 mph and only got 31-33 mpg, seems to do best 55-60. The rear fold down seats really do come in handy, as I had some big long parts I needed to put into the back and was able do so very easily. The Stereo is nice, could be a little stronger"

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next