2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,575 - $22,302.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great Mid-Size SUV!

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "solid SUV,interior room,rear door"

Cons: "low HP/torque,audio beeps,no garage door opener"

"I enjoy driving the Honda CR-V. This is a really nice all-around mid-size SUV. You can't go wrong with this purchase. I'm still happy with it after two weeks of driving it. One thing I would like to see improved is the horse power and torque. The vehicle has plenty of of power get you wherever you need to go. However, to accelerate fast you have to hit the pedal hard to down shift. Also, I noticed that the vehicle has to down shift at 75 mph (posted speed limit) if a slight incline exists in the road, while in cruise control. The vehicle has great clearance in the front. The rear door is perfect for loading pets. The seats fold down nice. Center console has a lot of storage. Dislikes... Tiger strip across the middle portion of the console. I'm not sure why this design is there. Audio system makes a loud BEEP very time you switch source or station. No option to turn off. Why? Driver and Passenger windows do not have tinting. Apparently this is due to state limitations on % tinting. You have to get it tinted yourself. No built-in garage door opener. I recommend this vehicle. However, I wish it had more horse power, torque, garage door opener, push start, right lane-change camera. I recommend comparing to similar vehicles in its class to see if more features are present. I didn't get to test drive others."

great car, road noise is a little loud

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "too much road noise, having trouble hearing phone"

"difficult to hear phone conversations on blue tooth due to road noise"

Still not sold on this vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling and gas mileage."

Cons: "Seats need more cushion and support."

"Traded in a high end GMC with all the bells and whistles to this Honda CR-V. Decision was based on financial reasons. If it did not have all the air bags, I would not feel secure in this vehicle. Love the blue tooth, which was standard equipment, seats could use a little more support. Fairly decent gas mileage, average is 25.7 mpg around town. Just don't see the family taking this vehicle on a long trip and be comfortable. Will review this vehicle again in 6 months."

its good for a family starter with a low budget

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "needs more power"

"My opinion on the 2013 Honda CRV is that it should get another engine option. Also use less plastic and a 6 speed automatic transmission. Good features like a comfortable ride and a lot of standard features. Good competitors are the Mazda CX5, Jeep Charokee and Ford Escape."

My Opinions are shifting

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Drive alot, was not comfy or fun.

Pros: "Its a Honda, reliable engines"

Cons: "Shift, Ride, Comfort.."

"I drive ALOT for work over 200 miles daily. I bought this car outright trusting honda's reliability factor and some good reviews.. What a huge disappointment. Everything inside feels very cheap and plastic. The ride was hard which surprised me because it has the multi link rear suspension to my knowledge, but honda must've dropped the ball elsewhere. Road noise was very apparent in this vehicle and caused me some great annoyance. I also noticed the steering had a large comfort zone where it didnt seem to respond immediately.. WHY? I was very let down, to top it off the CVT transmission felt like it never knew at what RPM it should shift, if you like to smash the gas pedal and take off like i do, you will find yourself letting off the gas trying to help the car shift.."