2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,587 - $22,310.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 176 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Third new Honda for me

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Value and Reliable"

Cons: "A V/6 would a great, option Not available"

"This 2012 CRV EX AWD. Purchased new a year and a half ago. I use to commute from Phila. International Airport to Owasso Oklahoma. Once a month About a Two Thousand Six Hundred and seventy five mile round trip. Vehicle was quiet and smooth. my average mpg on these trips was about 27mpg. not bad considering some of my trip was through the PA mountains. handled well in sloppy weather. People all have opinion's an myself no different. From the view of an Aircraft Quality Control Inspector. This is a well rounded vehicle for the price. One recommended piece of advise. Not an efficient vehicle to tow with. I towed an 6x10 U-Haul on one long trip. total weight of trailer and contents two thousand lbs.16 mpg and a rough experience driving even with the proper hitch set up. Like I stated earlier This is My Third new Honda. There's a very good reason Honda buyers come back. One word. REALIABLE!"

Excellent and useful car with great mileage

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Usefulness, space, economy, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Plasticky interior, road noise, weak Pandora"

"I've had my 2014 EX AWD CR-V for 3 weeks, and driven about 1200 miles on a mix of highway and city roads. I have had no major issues. The mileage has been really good for an SUV, ranging from 22 to 34 MPG, average 28+ MPG. Coming from a Camry Hybrid which got about 38 MPG, I'm very pleased with this AWD SUV. It is a lot of fun to drive, with responsive handling, albeit a bit vague on center when on the highway with wind affecting tracking a bit. Acceleration is good. I find the large cargo area and one touch folding rear seats great for functional use. The only things I might pick on are the large expanses of hard plastic, lack of Homelink as an option, and no standard auto dimming mirror in the EX level. I installed my own aftermarket Auto dimming Homelink rear view mirror. I had the TPMS light come on last week but after re-calibrating I haven't seen it since. Also, Pandora connection is iffy, requiring plugging and unplugging the USB into my cell phone to get it to play right. I like the seats, adjustability, seat height, compliant ride. It is reasonably quiet, but some tire noise comes in on the highway. I really like my CR-V, and hope it proves reliable in the long run as our other Hondas have been."

Still going strong after five years

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "A lot of car for the money"

Cons: "None really other than the firm ride."

"I have a 2008 EX L/Nav.and the only problem so far is the TPMS light . The light came on last summer even though tires are all up to correct pressure. Will have this checked at next oil change.Only expense so far,other than oil changes and brake fluid, is new battery at three years and tires at 35000 miles. The CRV handles curvy mountain roads in NC as if on tracks and power is more than adequate, if not scorching, on steep hills.The ride is fairly firm,but no worse than other small SUVs I've driven. Gas mileage averages 25 MPG with 29 MPG on long trips. I will probably buy a new CRV when the 2015 models come out."

great car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"This is a great vehicle. Highly recommend this vehicle. I get great gas mileage a comfortable ride for the most part. Only negatives the interior is a little cheap and the vehicle seems sluggish at times."

GREAT FOR LONG TRIPS AND UTILITY USE

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE AND EASY TO DRIVE - AMAZING PAINT JOB."

Cons: "NONE - CAR IS FULLY LOADED"

"WE TAKE QUITE A FEW LONG ROAD TRIPS AND FIND THE CRV TO BE EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE. IT DRIVES REALLY WELL ON THE HIGHWAY AT THE SPEED LIMIT & GAS MILEAGE IS FANTASTIC. I ALWAYS DRIVE IN THE ECO MODE AND THE AVERAGE MILEAGE WE GET IS 33 MPG. I'M SURE IT'S MORE AS FAR AS HIGHWAY MILEAGE GOES. THE 2.4L ENGINE PROVIDES AMPLE POWER AND ACCELERATION FOR SAFE MERGING INTO TRAFFIC. PLENTY OF ROOM FOR LUGAGGE AND WITH THE TWO REAR SEATS DOWN THERE'S MORE THEN AMPLE ROOM FOR WHEN YOU NEED TO CARRY LARGER LOADS. OUR CRV IS FULLY LOADED SO IT HAS ALL THE CONVENIENCES YOU CAN IMAGINE IT TRULY EXCEEDS OUR EXPECTATIONS. EVEN THE BACKSEAT IS COMFORTABLE AND HAS A PULL-DOWN ARMREST WITH CUP HOLDERS. OVERALL QUALITY IS GREAT AND THE PAINT JOB LOOKS REALLY GOOD. SOMEHOW DIRT JUST DOES NOT STICK TO THE CAR AND THE OPAL SAGE COLOR NEVER LOOKS DIRTY."