2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,951 - $22,682.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 199 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

Drives even better with Eco "off" and A/C on!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy; fun to drive; comfortable"

Cons: "Lacks new features like collision prevention"

"We looked at a number of competing vehicles and decided that the CR-V was an excellent value. After 4 months of ownership we love it and don't really have any significant complaints. Sure, it could be a bit quieter and the ride is typical SUV-like, but neither issue bothers us all that much. We did find it a lot more enjoyable to drive once we turned off the ECO button. The change in fuel economy was barely measurable, but the drivability was substantially improved. We further improved the comfort by always running the A/C in the "AC On" mode rather than the default setting. This really improves the air conditioning performance, especially on humid days. I don't see this documented anywhere in the owner's manual. The TPMS system on the 2014 CR-V is the one used on the Accord for the past couple of years and it is awful. The most it can tell you is that one of your tires might be low but it doesn't tell you which one or what its pressure is. This is one of the few examples of Honda doing the minimum to meet federal requirements."

Real World Review

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, spacious, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and that weird windshield wiper thing"

"I read a lot of car reviews on this website, and others, before I made my decision to buy a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L. Overall I like the car, I've had it 11 days and here is my review: Good: The interior is roomy, cargo space is ample, but you all ready know that. What you may not know is that it is very, very comfortable. The ride is very smooth, and it feels capable on any road. I chose it over the Toyota RAV4 and Mazda CX-5, after many, many test drives of all vehicles. The CR-V has a slight "mini-vanny" feel compared to the others, but overall it's awesome to drive. Bad: Gas mileage is not quite what I expected it to be and I'm a pretty controlled driver. I drive a mix of city/highway and I'm getting an average of 19 mpg. Coming from a FWD Toyota that got 26 mpg, I'm not jumping for joy. More bad: The windshield wipers are weird. The passenger side is really short, the driver's side is really long. The short one leaves a water mark right in the passengers view, then the big one comes back and leave another one. I thought at first this was "no big deal", but after 3 days of straight rain, it's starting to annoy me. Also, don't crack open your window in the rain, because due to aerodynamics, and science stuff I don't understand, water will come flooding in from the roof. I mean if you just open it a little, tiny bit. Like I did while waiting at a drive-thru and got an unexpected bath when I turned and pulled forward. Overall I'm happy with my purchase and extremely grateful for Honda's high resale value. If the gas mileage doesn't improve, in 6 months I might have to off-load it."

Excellent all around vehicle, road or town.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "I think it is the best small SUV on the market."

"Excellent vehicle, drives very well and the mileage is great. This is forth Honda and never disappointed."

Love my car.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

"I love my car dependable, lots of space on trunk, good gas milleage."

Love my CR-V!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "good value for the money, stylish design, reliable"

"Pros: This vehicle gets pretty decent gas mileage for its size. I average about 24/25 with a mix of city and highway driving. It is a smooth, comfortable ride. The seats are comfy on a long trip and in the winter, the seat heaters are wonderful! Loads of storage space in the back with the seats up and by putting them down, there's even more room! Cons: It can be a bear to keep clean. The way the iMid screen is designed so it's recessed, that little cubby gathers dust frequently. Also, the way the ledge above the cup holders is designed (where the seat heater switches are), gathers crumbs in the crease easily and are hard to remove. The center console has a garage-like cover with grooves that collect crumbs too. The way the front windshield wipers are designed create a suction that pulls the water into the driver's line of sight. Most of the time when it's not raining hard, it's no big deal. But if it's a downpour, I can hardly see because of this. My 08 CRV did this too, and I would've thought it was something Honda would've fixed, but they still need to work on it. The driver's side mirror edge has a different type of mirror built in that's supposed to eliminate blind spots, but all it does is obscure the view on the edge of that mirror. The pedals are a bit touchy. You don't have to press hard to get a response, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on your preference. Overall, I'd recommend the CR-V to anyone who's looking for a smaller SUV with some style. It holds its value and is very easy to maintain."