2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,575 - $22,302.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great and Economical SUV

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Comfy vehicle that handles well on windy roads."

Cons: "It's not free!"

"I had always driven Toyotas and most recent prior to my CRV purchase drove a RAV 4. I was not interested in a Honda product but while car shopping with my daughter was urged to test drive the CRV (salesperson was aware that drove a RAV). I took this vehicle out for a test drive and upon returning handed them the keys to my Toyota and traded it in on the CRV. I never expected to like this vehicle but in 2012 Honda made some major changes to their CRV which proved to be a huge success. Way to go Honda!!"

GREAT LITTLE CAR

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "GOOD CAR FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE SO FAR"

"I HAVE HAD THIS CAR ABOUT A YEAR NOW, RIDES GREAT ,HANDLES WELL ,EASY TO PARK, GOOD SOUND SYSTEM,HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE GAS MILEAGE THEY SAID EVEN WITH ECOBOOST ON.. THE BEST I DID IS ON TRIP TO SOUTH CAROLINA WAS 28 MPG.COMFORT WAS GOOD ON LONG TRIP,BUT A BETTER CAR FOR AROUND CITY. LOVE THE BACK-UP CAMERA !! STORAGE IS GREAT, REAR SEAT FOLD NICELY,FOR MORE STORAGE."

Mileage not as stated; poorly planned interior

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

"Purchased in Oct 2014 - avg 21 to 22 mpg with econ mode. Thought I could live with lack of front seat storage space in return for hyped improved gas mileage - so very disappointed. Wish I had bought a Rave-4 instead. The vehicle just makes me unhappy & I wish I'd never purchased it."

A bad apple in Honda's orchard

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, practical, attractive"

Cons: "Only one: MY car won't start sometimes"

"I bought my Honda CR-V 15 months ago. I only drive short distances and keep it in a garage when not on the road. It has failed to start three times in the time I have had it. Battery tested by dealer each time and found to be fine. Software upgrade installed yesterday. I no longer trust this car and am trading it this week. Online post at another site showed one other owner with identical problem, solution and his still does not start periodically. Have been told to drive it every day. Cannot do that."

Lemon

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

"I thought I would like to experience a new SUV. I drove a Toyota for ten years. I thought it was time for a switch. What a mistake! The RAV 4 is a much better vehicle. After four short months of owning a Honda, I discovered that I should never have left Toyota."

My Favorite

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Dependable, comfortable, practical, decent mileage"

Cons: "High price, hands free phone con. is not great"

"This was my birthday gift, I got to drive multiple crossovers from the high end, low end and what is in between before I decided on which car to buy. This was the best choice for the price. I got it with 3 miles only on it (spanking brand new). It is spacious on the inside, fits my 6.7 hubby and my 5.0 mom both comfortably when they drive it, the automatic seat control makes changing the height and position of the seat a breeze. Seat warmers are a plus for the Texas cold winter. Minimal blind spot. Cruise control is awesome and if you use it a lot, you get 31.0 highway mpg and ~28 inner-city roads even if you commute during rush hour in Texas crazy traffic. The CRV had a problem with the battery not holding charge so it wouldn't start at times but Honda recall it, fixed it and it has never given me a problem ever since. It is good looking on the inside and out, functional, fun and easy to drive, with plenty space for a family. It also has impressive turning radius considering the size. The sound system is cool for music lovers, and the built in navigation system is icing on the cake. Ability to connect via Bluetooth, auxiliary, and USB in addition to the regular charging port, is also great for all the gadgets we haul around! I have two other cars :Kia Rio (which I like to call my flip flops)fuel efficiency for tearing through town, and a Mercedes SLK 320 coupe- sport package (which I refer to as my stilettos), this car is pretty much riding boots/loafers and I still prefer to both of my other rides. So you get the gist. The back camera is a great perk for parallel parking and backing up. The only few things I wish they paid attention to is: Storage on the inside. You have the glove compartment which is quite tiny, the consol storage, and storage for one pair of glasses in the roof. For a family that uses it daily, I wish they have copied some of the storage tricks Nissan used in their Titan trucks. I also wish if they had a button to open and close the trunk/hatch or a sensor where you would wave your foot and it responds. I am 5.6 ft- 107 LB and opening and closing that hatch is a bit strenuous. I also wish they had a better hands free phone system. For some reason it is not perfectly clear when you use it. But these issues are minor! It is a great car. I have owned different types of cars throughout life: 4x4 trucks, European super compact cars, mid size sedans, SUV. This is by far my favorite so far! Tip of the hat to the CRV!"

disappointed

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "vibration and road noise"

"vibration between 1000-2000 rpm while excelerating. also strong vibration at stop lite and in gear. I test drove 2 different crv 2015 both were fwd and were perfect. now I have these problems with the awd. most complaints seam to be from the awd."

GREAT CAR!

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "All the standard features"

Cons: "iPhone 6 does not work w/steering controls"

"I recently traded my 2004 Honda Element for this vehicle. I would rather have gotten a 2015 Honda Element but sadly that is not to be. I am blown away but what this car offers for the price. I have not had any vibration issues. Only issue is that my iPhone 6, one, if not the, most popular smartphones is not compatible with the steering wheel phone controls."

Vibrations vibrations vibrations

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "driving ok when no stop is involved"

Cons: "vibration at idle, enough said"

"This has the worst vibration you could experience, when the car sits at idle, D mode and you hold to the brake. It vibrates like a massage chair. It might feel good when u need a nice massage, but you are not in the mood for it, it will still shake your body. Really really uncomfortable, specially if you use it for traffic heavy city. Also the heater in this car warms up very slowly."

Should've Bought the Harley Davidson!

By on Friday, January 16, 2015

Pros: "Styling, features, and looks."

Cons: "Vibrates like a Harley!"

"My brand new 2015 EX-L looks great and has an abundance of features that I love. However, when idling at a stop with all accessories off it has the exact same feel as my Harley. It vibrates so badly that my teeth feel as if they are going to fall out. I love that feeling on my Harley, not so much on my new CR-V. If you increase the idle, the vibration instantly goes away. Fingers crossed a TSB comes out and the dealers increase the idle because I really do love the car other than the violent shaking."