2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,854 - $22,616.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 241 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

The longer i have it the more i love it.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Back doors open 90 degrees is awesome!!"

Cons: "None really worth worrying about."

"This car grew on me. It was my first Honda. I wasn't crazy about my color choice, I have the White Diamond Pearl and wish I would have gotten the brown one but having said that - I love it more every day. And am now loving the color more everyday as well. So glad I got it and kept it, I really hope to drive it for another 15 years lol!!"

Honda always

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Best"

"My CR-V is a 2008. We get 26 mpg in town and 33 mpg highway. Beautiful cream colored interior, well made, quiet and roomy. Not a single problem since we bought it. Absolutely love it and would buy another one in a heart beat."

Real World Review

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, spacious, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and that weird windshield wiper thing"

"I read a lot of car reviews on this website, and others, before I made my decision to buy a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L. Overall I like the car, I've had it 11 days and here is my review: Good: The interior is roomy, cargo space is ample, but you all ready know that. What you may not know is that it is very, very comfortable. The ride is very smooth, and it feels capable on any road. I chose it over the Toyota RAV4 and Mazda CX-5, after many, many test drives of all vehicles. The CR-V has a slight "mini-vanny" feel compared to the others, but overall it's awesome to drive. Bad: Gas mileage is not quite what I expected it to be and I'm a pretty controlled driver. I drive a mix of city/highway and I'm getting an average of 19 mpg. Coming from a FWD Toyota that got 26 mpg, I'm not jumping for joy. More bad: The windshield wipers are weird. The passenger side is really short, the driver's side is really long. The short one leaves a water mark right in the passengers view, then the big one comes back and leave another one. I thought at first this was "no big deal", but after 3 days of straight rain, it's starting to annoy me. Also, don't crack open your window in the rain, because due to aerodynamics, and science stuff I don't understand, water will come flooding in from the roof. I mean if you just open it a little, tiny bit. Like I did while waiting at a drive-thru and got an unexpected bath when I turned and pulled forward. Overall I'm happy with my purchase and extremely grateful for Honda's high resale value. If the gas mileage doesn't improve, in 6 months I might have to off-load it."

Still not sold on this vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling and gas mileage."

Cons: "Seats need more cushion and support."

"Traded in a high end GMC with all the bells and whistles to this Honda CR-V. Decision was based on financial reasons. If it did not have all the air bags, I would not feel secure in this vehicle. Love the blue tooth, which was standard equipment, seats could use a little more support. Fairly decent gas mileage, average is 25.7 mpg around town. Just don't see the family taking this vehicle on a long trip and be comfortable. Will review this vehicle again in 6 months."

Drives even better with Eco "off" and A/C on!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy; fun to drive; comfortable"

Cons: "Lacks new features like collision prevention"

"We looked at a number of competing vehicles and decided that the CR-V was an excellent value. After 4 months of ownership we love it and don't really have any significant complaints. Sure, it could be a bit quieter and the ride is typical SUV-like, but neither issue bothers us all that much. We did find it a lot more enjoyable to drive once we turned off the ECO button. The change in fuel economy was barely measurable, but the drivability was substantially improved. We further improved the comfort by always running the A/C in the "AC On" mode rather than the default setting. This really improves the air conditioning performance, especially on humid days. I don't see this documented anywhere in the owner's manual. The TPMS system on the 2014 CR-V is the one used on the Accord for the past couple of years and it is awful. The most it can tell you is that one of your tires might be low but it doesn't tell you which one or what its pressure is. This is one of the few examples of Honda doing the minimum to meet federal requirements."