2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,794 - $22,576.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10

Excellent all around vehicle, road or town.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "I think it is the best small SUV on the market."

"Excellent vehicle, drives very well and the mileage is great. This is forth Honda and never disappointed."

Was somewhat disappointed with My 2013 EX.

By on Friday, August 07, 2015

Reason: wanted to go to a sedan

Pros: "Trunk space, good on gas, back up camera"

Cons: "Small back window no heated mirrors cheap interior"

"I'm a Honda girl. Currently we own an Odyssey. Previously had a 2004 and 2007 Odyssey's. My husband owned a 2010 Accord. I guess I'm used to a bigger vehicle because the CRV is smaller width wise. For me it lacked enough cup holders. The a/c was below average (no real power to cool down interior for several minutes) and no a/c vents for the back seat,especially in the FL heat. Road noise is much more apparent in this vehicle even though it comes with good quality tires. Also, the back window on the CRV is a bit smaller than previous years (adequate but still too small for safety). One of the most frustrating things to me was that my EX did not have heated mirrors. I live in Florida, basically every morning is dewy! You could not see the heck out of the side mirrors. I even wanted to put in heated mirrors afterwards, but was told no electric attachment is there to make them work (you have to go to the next level to get the heated mirrors which to me is baloney) And the visors were hard plastic which seemed cheap. Pros are the trunk space, great gas mileage and the back up camera is a big plus! However, compared to our van and Accord, the CRV seems cheaper (quality wise). To me it is an over priced little vehicle."

super vehicle

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "great little vehicle"

Cons: "little small for me, 6'4""

"Love this car just need more room."

great car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"This is a great vehicle. Highly recommend this vehicle. I get great gas mileage a comfortable ride for the most part. Only negatives the interior is a little cheap and the vehicle seems sluggish at times."

Great car for what you need to get around...

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "AWD in snow is great, roomy and great MPG"

Cons: "No cooled seat, PEP is nothing to brag about...."

2012 Honda CR-V, EX-L Package, No Nav or RES thou.. Still nice SUV

"I leased the redesigned 2012 CR-V, Honda Lease is awesome!! I replace a Pontiac Torrent (Chevy Equinox twin) with this. It had everything my other car had room for 5, cargo room & AWD. Living in Mass, the AWD is something I look for. The gas mileage is far better than the Torrent. I am averaging 22 MPG, I commute thru 2 towns to the office, no highway. I have driven to central PA and only needed the one tank, Thumbs up to that!! Cons: I kinda wish it had more HP, I know you lose MPG but it would be nice to step on it and go, well better than it does now, maybe a TURBO or V6 option...HHmmm Honda???"

2012 Honda CR-V, EX-L Package, No Nav or RES thou.. Still nice SUV

Decent SUV for the money. Good value.

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Overall good small SUV"

Cons: "4 cyl. only. Voice recognition. No homelink."

"2012 AWD EXL w/nav. Pros: Overall good value. Decent SUV for the money. Good cargo capacity. Easy fold down seats. Parking is easy. Nice exterior styling. Good radio controls. Nice backup camera. Roomy console storage area. Roomy back seat. Cons: Need a 6 cylinder option. Acceleration is just ok. Voice recognition is awful! Small gas tank. Gas mileage should be better. Seats not that comfortable. Considerable highway noise. No homelink option available. Must be stopped to use navigation screen (again, lousy voice recognition). Shut off the seat belt chime after a 1 or 2 times-- I get it, seat belt not on. Wimpy horn. Needs a change holder. Rear view mirror is small. Interior color choices are odd. Top half is one color that doesn't match any of the 3 color choices. Bbottom is different, not a good color match."

Disappointed with my first Honda

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Lots of storage; Handles Ok."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats; underpowered"

"I purchased the CRV based upon Honda's reputation and various reviews. But .... The vehicle may get 30 mpg if it is driven 55 mph with a tail wind, but plan on 26-27 mpg at freeway speeds of 70-75 mph. The transmission developed an annoying whine at 50-60 mph; most noticeable when decelerating through 55 mph. The dealer acknowledged that this has been an issue with the CRV; but Honda has no fix planned. The tire pressure monitoring system is very buggy and needs a software update. Vehicle is OK for driving around town, but not for long trips."

New Design doesn't work for me

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Bluetooth and color"

Cons: "Design"

"I traded in my 2007 CRV-EXL AWD FOR THE 2013. What a mistake. The gas mileage isn't that great and they made the car lighter for fuel efficiency. It's seems cheaper.  The road noise has not improved i find my self talking louder to my paasenger. It sounds like the windows are open but they arent. The navigation system isn't that great. My $120 Tom Tom is better.  The hands Free Link doesn't recognize half of my voice commands even though they are on the menu. The cruise control is squirrally, my old one stayed within 2 mph of my setting and this one goes 8 mph over the setting going downhill.  The resumé button is not responsive for accelerating. The back seat is my biggest problem. It doesn't move and the recline has no adjustment so I lost storage capacity.  I even asked the sales girl if the seat moved she said yes, i didnt check it until after i bought it. What a shock that was. The new design to fold the seats down is great if that's what you want. I travel between Wa and Az with two dogs. I dont fold the seats down. The text message send function doesn't work with the iPhone although that was one of the features mentioned by the sales girl. She knew i had an iphone. Although i got a beige interior the seats look more gray and the carpet and dash are dark and make the cabin feel cramped.  They replaced the space in front of the console on the floor where I put my purse with a bigger console but the area on the console with both armrests down is too narrow for my purse to sit conveniently. The right arm rest seems really high. The left armrest seems really low. The telescoping steering wheel doesn't help. I like the driver seat options but you loose dashboard visibility when you move seat higher. There is only one glove box. The steering wheel leather feels like plastic. Very slippery not comfortable. What DO I Like. That my iPhone connects by Bluetooth so phone calls, audio books, and music are connected with no wires.  I love the Urban Titanium color, i understand its being discontinued. The backup camera. I like the driver seat adjustments. I wish I had gotten a 2011. 2012 is when they changed the design stuff I don't like."

Decent car, reliable, comfortable

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "reliable, back up camera, storage, comfortable"

Cons: "road noise, blind spots, heating is slow"

"I have owned it 2.5 years (46K miles). I like the handling, interior comfort. Rearview camera is good and gas mileage (26-28 in suburbs). Good storage room, fold flat back seats. Cons; slow to heat up in winter, blind spots from front window design, road noise is big issue which makes blue tooth hard to use."

Comfortable, reliable, and great value

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "high mpg, comfortable, bad weather performer"

Cons: "I didn't get two!"

"I purchased this car after having a Honda Civic. It still feels like I'm driving a car, not an SUV. The CR-V was built on the Civic chassis, which made transitioning way easier than I thought possible. There is great road noise reduction with the windows up. I can get up to 40 mpg with the eco boost on long distance road trips, and my normal driving has me between 25-30mpg, including stop and go drives. The car is comfortable, though maybe not as much for the 6' + crowd. The now standard features of a back up camera and blue tooth connectivity really make driving it a breeze. I have towed a piano, lumber and house supplies, exercise equipment, and a tractor already with it. Plus, the center console can fit my purse in it. My WHOLE purse. Amazing. It did GREAT in the snow storms this year (2013-2014) and handles well in rocky terrain as well. My only regret is I didn't get a moon roof when I bought the car."