• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,810 - $22,453.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

7.8

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

Best crossover

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, 28/29 mpg overall"

Cons: "Bridgestone factory installed tires."

"I have own my CR-V for four years. My only compaint is the factory installed Bridgestone Tires. They do not last. No other problems with the car. I am planning to buy another CR-V in the future. For those that change their oil, it is very easy."

If you get the LX you will save about $2000

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "drives very well, good space"

Cons: "no arm rest for front passenger in LX"

"I just got the 2013 CRV LX AWD . I am a car salesman at a high end import brand. I thought the CRV was a great value, the handeling and power are good. It is a 4 cyl and if you let the engine get to higher RPMs it has some pull. I have the LX and am dissapointed that there is no front passenger arm rest and no dealer option to install one in the LX model. I think the passenger will miss it on long trips. The ECO button is nice with the green lights they help to keep you aware of your driving style so that you try and save gas. Over all a very nice car."

A great step "down"

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, mileage, sound system, styling"

Cons: "Steering, slight lack of cool convenience items"

"Had a Mitsubishi V6 SUV - mediocre engineering, crummy mileage, etc. We needed to have something with better mileage and, especially, more reliable. LOVE our CR-V, everything about it says engineering and reliablility. A proven design, and reliance on proven performance and reliablity is everything. It doesn't have some of the latest gadgets and technology, such as things that Kia and Mazda have, but everything works well and as it should. The one disappointment is the nav system, but we knew that from reviews going in, and it works well enough to do what it needs to do. A driving disappointment is the new electric-assisted power steering. Many reviewers call it "vague" - I totally agree. I am used to it now, but a week off from driving it and I have to re-learn it. Having said that, I do enjoy driving it and only look forward to replacing the OEM Bridgestone tires which are too hard for my preference and certainly account for the noisy ride on certain surfaces. We're getting the advertised mileage and are 100% pleased with our CR-V"

Love this car!!!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Love this car!!!"

Decent SUV for the money. Good value.

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "Overall good small SUV"

Cons: "4 cyl. only. Voice recognition. No homelink."

"2012 AWD EXL w/nav. Pros: Overall good value. Decent SUV for the money. Good cargo capacity. Easy fold down seats. Parking is easy. Nice exterior styling. Good radio controls. Nice backup camera. Roomy console storage area. Roomy back seat. Cons: Need a 6 cylinder option. Acceleration is just ok. Voice recognition is awful! Small gas tank. Gas mileage should be better. Seats not that comfortable. Considerable highway noise. No homelink option available. Must be stopped to use navigation screen (again, lousy voice recognition). Shut off the seat belt chime after a 1 or 2 times-- I get it, seat belt not on. Wimpy horn. Needs a change holder. Rear view mirror is small. Interior color choices are odd. Top half is one color that doesn't match any of the 3 color choices. Bbottom is different, not a good color match."

Outstanding Purchase

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "A very good driver, nicely styled, comfortable."

Cons: "Power seat for driver, outside rearview mirror"

"We are very impressed with our 2012 CR-V. The car handles extremely well. Steering is quick and the electric assisted power steering takes some getting used to but after a few drives becomes very comfortable. New drivers should pay attention to not "drift" with the quick steering. The interior is very nicely appointed with easy use of controls and visability of instrumentation. The front seat area provides freedom of movement, comfortable seats and nice storage in the center console. The standard rearview camera is a really nice safety feature. The rear seating area is comfortable and very adequate to seat two full sized adults plus one smaller adult in the middle. Rear storage is very adequate enhanced even more so by folding down the rear seats. The "one-touch" fold down rear seats from either the side or rear of the vehicle is awesome. The design and styling of the CR-V is very impressive. You are provided ease of ingress into the vehicle and ease of egress too. The CR-V gives you the feel of driving a passenger car with the utility of an SUV. The power of the CR-V is very adequate. My last vehicle was powered by a 5.7 "Hemi" and while the CR-V is no "Hemi," power is very adequate to meet all driving requirements including passing even while in the "ECO" driving mode. This vehicle is outstanding in every respect."

interior quality poor

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "nterior storage good"

Cons: "rear visability"

"front seats are uncomfortable and vision restricted in rear"

vehicle is a piece of junk

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"Loud whining noise between 50-60 mph. Honda will do nothing about it (characteristic noise) they say . Look at other manufactures. I would not recommend a Honda to my worse enemy, DON'T BUY a HONDA CRV"

Avoid this vehicle

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cons: "Do not buy this vehicle"

"Noisy inside the cabin-No acceleration the engine has no power- shakes, you feel every pot hole and it moves from side to side when the wind hits it. Its not good on gas either"

THE BEST EVER!!!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "SAFE, luxury, smooth ride, great price"

Cons: "More leg room for tall people in front and in back"

"This is my 4th Honda and my 2nd CRV. I loved all of them but particularly loved everything about my new EX-L CRV. I've had it 5 months. Unfortunately, last week I was in a serious car accident and my honda may likely be totaled but I was not! Thankful the 2012 Honda CRV was built so strong that it withstood someone broadsiding me on the driver's side door and front quarter panel with a full sized pickup doing approximately 50 mph and they never hit their brakes. All witnesses reported that the car took such a horrible hit and they were amazed that I walked away. Not to say that I was not injured because I was, but I am alive!!"

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next