2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,787 - $22,572.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 241 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Vibration and rumble up to 50 mph

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Higher speed driving in cruise is fine"

Cons: "Vibration and rumble very annoying"

"Bought a 2015 EX crv in Oct of 2014. A vibration can be felt and heard at constant speed and slight acceleration up to 50 mph. Dealer tech confirmed and called it a "shudder". Wrote up my complaint and said nothing can be done until Honda gets enough complaints and tries to fix it. It is very irritating. Drove 3 more and all did it. I urge everyone to try this and complain to Honda. Maybe someday they will fix it. Disappointed with the quality I always thought Honda had."

Great SUV, Best for the money!

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Everything about the car except...."

Cons: "Road noise."

"We really like our 2013 CR-v AWD EX-L with Nav. Excellent interior design, comfortable for long trips, excellent in bad weather (ice and snow). Very good gas mileage. Too much road noise is my only complaint. Honda should insulate the CR-v a little better."

Vibration problem

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

"My crv has had a vibration problem since I bought it,there is a vibration at around 2000 rpm's. I took it back to the dealer and the service manager agreed there was a problem and said they reported the problem to Honda and were working on a solution. I also took out another 2015 CRV with a mechanic and he agreed with me that there was a problem in the cvt transmission and that the brand new CRV had the same problem as mine' he said also that Honda was aware of it and were working on a solution but because this transmission is brand new they may not of had a lot of complaint's yet"

Excellent Downgrade

By on Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pros: "Great price for a great suv"

"Downgraded from a 2014 Pilot because wife felt Pilot was too big, hard to park. I thought I would miss the Big Pilot but to my amazement I don't. The 2015 CRV is an awesome SUV. Handles like a charm,has many safety features like backup mirror and lane watch. CVT transmission is smooth and AWD works week when needed. I have 5000 miles on it and have been averaging 31.5 mpg. A big step up from the Pilot. New engine has lots of power in reg. mode and a little less power in environmental mode. I drive mostly in E Mode. Heated seat are great for lower back on long trips, Blutooth lets me stream Pandora from my IPHONE without any cost. All in All a great Buy."

Bad New car experience

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

Pros: "Drives good in snow, lots of room for toys."

Cons: "Starting problem."

"I was very pleased with the crv until the second winter when a grinding noise developed when starting. It seems when very cold 20 degrees or lower and cold engine it grinds after the start cycle. It always starts and runs fine but that noise makes me cringe and think about what damage is being done. It seems other owners have had this issue for 2-4 years and Honda has not been able to resolve. Look up starting noise on the internet and see. It is a good driving vehicle in the snow and everyday. It has a lot of family friendliness with room and seats folding down. Heater is slow to warm."

its good for a family starter with a low budget

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "needs more power"

"My opinion on the 2013 Honda CRV is that it should get another engine option. Also use less plastic and a 6 speed automatic transmission. Good features like a comfortable ride and a lot of standard features. Good competitors are the Mazda CX5, Jeep Charokee and Ford Escape."

First Honda - Very Pleased!

By on Friday, May 15, 2015

Pros: "Tons of features for a base model, great MPG!"

Cons: "Periodic Bluetooth Audio Connection Issues"

"I am leasing a 2015 Honda CR-V LX AWD. I have noticed other reviews that mentioned a vibration. This is VERY subtle and can be felt in the brake, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 4 cylinder engine. The CVT is awesome. It's my understanding that this is the same transmission/engine that the 2014 and 2015 Accord has. I averaged 31 MPG on my first tank and am averaging 27 on my second (primarily driven on surface streets). The ride is solid and quiet. The only issue I have had is with the Bluetooth Audio Feature. I like to stream music from my phone, and it sometimes will not connect when I start the vehicle. Definitely would recommend this vehicle!"

Good every day small SUV - Could have been better

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "Practical all around car"

Cons: "Wind/Road Noise, No Blind Spot Option, Low Seat"

"The 2014 CRV EXL is a practical SUV with a roomy area for my dog. This could have been an even better vehicle if Honda offered a blind spot assist feature/option and it were less noisy. I like the car except for two very important things: The road and wind noise are loud when on the highway. Also, this is the first car where I have to use a pillow to be comfortable because the drivers seat is lower than my previous vehicles and their is nothing to adjust the actual height (I've used all the buttons trying to adjust the seat better). So far, gas mileage is less than expected for me."

awful seats, marginal a/c

By on Saturday, December 20, 2014

Reason: very uncomfortable

Pros: "Honda name"

Cons: "Hard seats, marginal a/c, odd controls."

"Bought a 13 ex-l after reading what the critics had to say. Found the seats to be very uncomfortable. very hard and crowned in the middle. Took them apart several times with the help of an upholstery shop. tried to change them by reducing spring pressure in the middle and cutting foam. nothing worked. seats went from firm, to uncomfortable to painful in several weeks of daily driving. traded it for a 14 escape titanium. for a little more money the ford makes the Honda feel like I was driving a car that was ten years older. Also did not like the a/c in the Honda. had to set the fan on high during the summer and turn the temp. down to 65 or less. I think Honda did this to help fuel mileage. very little towing capacity with Honda also."

Excellent all around vehicle, road or town.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "I think it is the best small SUV on the market."

"Excellent vehicle, drives very well and the mileage is great. This is forth Honda and never disappointed."