• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,015 - $22,596.

10/7.7

7.7

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10

Absolutely love my CRV

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Good Value, Reliable, Spacious"

"I have owned three vehicles, all Honda or Acura (made by Honda). This has been my favorite so far. I wanted a roomier vehicle so I opted for the CRV. Combined gas mileage I usually get 28 MPG, and on roadtrips 30-32MPG. This car has been reliable, comfortable, and roomy. I can seat 5 adults comfortably. The standard sound system sounds great! I was surprised how good it sounded. I typically drive my car on ECO but, without it, it really has some get up and go! I have to be careful not to press too hard on the gas when I take it off ECO boost. Interior is really nice looking for such an inexpensive car. I get tons of compliments on this car. Honestly if you are looking for a mid size SUV for you, or a family car, check this out and test drive it and you will fall in love. It has bluetooth, standard back up camera and a lot of nice options that come with the peace of mind and reliability of Honda."

Not the mid-SUV favour

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"4 Cyl w 2.4 liter engine contribute power lower than I expected."

Great little car.

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"Love this car."

Cheap

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Cons: "seats uncomfortable, no arm rest for front pass."

"CRV is a cheap car. The seats are very uncomfortable. I bought this to get cheaper payments. You get what you pay for. I would not recommend a CRV to anyone."

As nice as my nissan maxima

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, great suspension"

"There are added after market options: Directional rearview mirror Rearview mirror with automatic garage door opener Rearview mirror with automatic button to turn on lights in the house Remote start"

Good Car with too many Flaws !!!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Back seat folding mechanism, Ease of ingress"

Cons: "Road, Wind Noise, Uncomfortable seats"

"This crossover could have been excellent provided the below issues are addressed: - Wind noise - Road noise on some road surfaces - Bumpy/harsh suspension - Cheap/loud Tires - Needs better insulation - Sound/Stereo needs a revamp - Interior hard plastics - Rear seat thigh support - Front seat feels cramped and headrests are tilted at an uncomfortable angle The short test drive did not uncover its glaring flaws. Will never purchase a Honda product again. i don't understand why this car is so successful."

this is a great car no maintenance problems

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"The car is reliable and gets 30-32 mpg just as published... Cargo load and speed retracts however. I own several cars & SUVs the only down side is it has more road noise than some other SUVs. Great vehicle!"

what a dog

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "negitive"

Cons: "tight and cramped"

"I bought this crv for my wife she says it is smaller then the crv we traded in.I can hardly wait till year end till I can dump this dog it is very uncomfortable in the passenger seat I tried the back seat it is not good it is small and cramped miles it gets 19 to 20 where is the epa of 26 we were going to take it almost 1700 miles to Wisconsin. we changed our mind's and decided to fly and leave this dog home"

BEWARE - Take a Long Test drive before buying one

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Looks Good"

Cons: "Harsh Ride, Too much WindNoise, Uncomfortableseats"

"I was excited on purchasing a brand new CRV, but the short test drive did not reveal this crossovers shortcomings. After a month and 2K miles, below are my observations: 1) Harsh/bumpy ride – you feel each and every road crack, unless the road is not freshly laid, the ride is tiresome 2) Too much wind noise – went to the dealer twice, but they mentioned that it is the characteristic of the vehicle. The door seals/insulation is not very good 3) Too much road noise on certain road surfaces 4) The stereo is a joke, my 15 year old second car has better sounding stereo and speakers 5) Seats are not comfortable – lack of thigh support on rear bench and front seat headrests tilt way too forward I’m not at all happy with the purchase and wish I hadn't purchased it, my 15 year old car drives 100% better than the CRV. Buyers Remorse"

A dog on the highway and very cheap on the inside.

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

"The car is downshifting continuously on highway. No power after 65 mph. Very cheap on inside Sound very tinny very shutting the doors."

Best car we've ever owned, by far.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Exceptional quality, comfortable seating smooth"

"The 2014 Honda CR-V EX FWD is the best car we've owned in the last 30 years. This is our 3rd Honda and it is the smoothest, quietest and most comfortable car we could imagine. We've also owned Toyota and Jeeps, but this car is just appealing in so many ways. It has a very understated elegance. There's no flash that will go out of style next year. It's like an Apple computer. Very simple design and appearance. The ride is very smooth and the cabin is exceptionally quiet compared to other crossover SUV's we test drove. We thought we could go with the Toyota RAV, just to see if we could leave Honda. But, for us, it didn't compare. The fit and finish of the interior seems to be of a higher priced auto. The seats were exceptionally comfortable, and we both have bad backs. It is a pleasure to drive around the city."

Disappointed with my first Honda

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Lots of storage; Handles Ok."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats; underpowered"

"I purchased the CRV based upon Honda's reputation and various reviews. But .... The vehicle may get 30 mpg if it is driven 55 mph with a tail wind, but plan on 26-27 mpg at freeway speeds of 70-75 mph. The transmission developed an annoying whine at 50-60 mph; most noticeable when decelerating through 55 mph. The dealer acknowledged that this has been an issue with the CRV; but Honda has no fix planned. The tire pressure monitoring system is very buggy and needs a software update. Vehicle is OK for driving around town, but not for long trips."

Drives even better with Eco "off" and A/C on!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy; fun to drive; comfortable"

Cons: "Lacks new features like collision prevention"

"We looked at a number of competing vehicles and decided that the CR-V was an excellent value. After 4 months of ownership we love it and don't really have any significant complaints. Sure, it could be a bit quieter and the ride is typical SUV-like, but neither issue bothers us all that much. We did find it a lot more enjoyable to drive once we turned off the ECO button. The change in fuel economy was barely measurable, but the drivability was substantially improved. We further improved the comfort by always running the A/C in the "AC On" mode rather than the default setting. This really improves the air conditioning performance, especially on humid days. I don't see this documented anywhere in the owner's manual. The TPMS system on the 2014 CR-V is the one used on the Accord for the past couple of years and it is awful. The most it can tell you is that one of your tires might be low but it doesn't tell you which one or what its pressure is. This is one of the few examples of Honda doing the minimum to meet federal requirements."

Real World Review

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, spacious, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and that weird windshield wiper thing"

"I read a lot of car reviews on this website, and others, before I made my decision to buy a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L. Overall I like the car, I've had it 11 days and here is my review: Good: The interior is roomy, cargo space is ample, but you all ready know that. What you may not know is that it is very, very comfortable. The ride is very smooth, and it feels capable on any road. I chose it over the Toyota RAV4 and Mazda CX-5, after many, many test drives of all vehicles. The CR-V has a slight "mini-vanny" feel compared to the others, but overall it's awesome to drive. Bad: Gas mileage is not quite what I expected it to be and I'm a pretty controlled driver. I drive a mix of city/highway and I'm getting an average of 19 mpg. Coming from a FWD Toyota that got 26 mpg, I'm not jumping for joy. More bad: The windshield wipers are weird. The passenger side is really short, the driver's side is really long. The short one leaves a water mark right in the passengers view, then the big one comes back and leave another one. I thought at first this was "no big deal", but after 3 days of straight rain, it's starting to annoy me. Also, don't crack open your window in the rain, because due to aerodynamics, and science stuff I don't understand, water will come flooding in from the roof. I mean if you just open it a little, tiny bit. Like I did while waiting at a drive-thru and got an unexpected bath when I turned and pulled forward. Overall I'm happy with my purchase and extremely grateful for Honda's high resale value. If the gas mileage doesn't improve, in 6 months I might have to off-load it."

Excellent all around vehicle, road or town.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "I think it is the best small SUV on the market."

"Excellent vehicle, drives very well and the mileage is great. This is forth Honda and never disappointed."

Love my car.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

"I love my car dependable, lots of space on trunk, good gas milleage."

Love my CR-V!

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "good value for the money, stylish design, reliable"

"Pros: This vehicle gets pretty decent gas mileage for its size. I average about 24/25 with a mix of city and highway driving. It is a smooth, comfortable ride. The seats are comfy on a long trip and in the winter, the seat heaters are wonderful! Loads of storage space in the back with the seats up and by putting them down, there's even more room! Cons: It can be a bear to keep clean. The way the iMid screen is designed so it's recessed, that little cubby gathers dust frequently. Also, the way the ledge above the cup holders is designed (where the seat heater switches are), gathers crumbs in the crease easily and are hard to remove. The center console has a garage-like cover with grooves that collect crumbs too. The way the front windshield wipers are designed create a suction that pulls the water into the driver's line of sight. Most of the time when it's not raining hard, it's no big deal. But if it's a downpour, I can hardly see because of this. My 08 CRV did this too, and I would've thought it was something Honda would've fixed, but they still need to work on it. The driver's side mirror edge has a different type of mirror built in that's supposed to eliminate blind spots, but all it does is obscure the view on the edge of that mirror. The pedals are a bit touchy. You don't have to press hard to get a response, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on your preference. Overall, I'd recommend the CR-V to anyone who's looking for a smaller SUV with some style. It holds its value and is very easy to maintain."

EX-L NOT SO EQUIPTED

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Honda name"

Cons: "Awful seats, few convenience features, marginal AC"

"Nice car with ok fuel mileage. Found out when I started to drive it day after day that the front seats are very uncomfortable for people of small build. None of my car pool guys thought the seats were comfortable either. Hard and crowned in the middle that puts pressure on your tail bone. three panel seat does not work. No keyless, garage door opener or lock at hatch area. radio controls on left side of steering wheel and window locks keeps even the driver from operating the windows. No towing package available."

6ft woman-NO driver space. Arthritis too?

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Reason: driver's space too small

Pros: "More power and reliable"

Cons: "No-fix driver space and rear door issues"

"Tall or aging people design problems. NO SPACE for 6ft/170lb drivers? No straight-leg space (move parking brake?) and dealer can't move seat rails back. Driver arm rest tiny/useless. ANY arthritis or physical limits? Rear OH door closing hurts! And no aftermarket hydraulic lift/close fix. Better power for 2013-14, but transmission cannot match. You feel gears shifting (change to 6 or CVT)? OEM Firestone tires noisy, but those can be fixed . . .unlike the designed-in problems. Sold at three months. Going back to 2011 Cruze 2LT (with premium gas) for daily driver."

Excellent economical and reliable car

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"CLEAN CARFAX! ONE OWNER! I am moving out, so planning to buy a minivan and move my stuffs with the van. This is a financed one, did all the dealer recommended maintenance. I owe $16,000 to the bank, I am looking forward to pay this amount and buy a used van."

My 2nd CR-V and not the quality of the first.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Too noisy"

"I would still recommend the 2012 CR-V but the road and air noise are objectionable. Handles well and the acceleration and mileage are fine. Well appointed and fun to drive."

Best car for the money

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Take a test drive to see it yourself ...."

Cons: "Love to have an trash compartment"

"This is my first CRV from Honda Company, as family guy I am really happy with my purchase everyone loves the car , we would strongly recommend to my friends and whoever looks for values and quality ."

great

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"love it"

Good quality. Comfort sub par. Noisy, rough ride.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Dependable. Retains value. Handles well."

Cons: "Noisy, stiff ride, rear visibility poor."

"First time Honda owner. Overall did not meet expectations, especially in regard to comfort. Spartan interior.Handles well. Road noise noticeable."

Not too great

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "backup camera, steering, smooth ride"

Cons: "No foot room in front or back seat"

"This car has a small front seat. The whole inside feels cramped. There is tons of storage space in the very back, but that doesn't do you any good in the front and back seats. I am 6'2" and there is nowhere near enough foot room, even with the seats all the way back. Also, the base model does not come with an arm rest on the passenger seat, which is a big drawback. I don't like the fact the car automatically locks at 10 mph, as opposed to when you put the car in gear. Also, the blinker is very strange... if you touch it lightly you can't make it stop blinking; you have to wait for four blinks. That being said it is a smooth ride and the searing is nice. Also, I like the backup camera."