2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,854 - $22,616.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Too Many Improvements to Mention

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Easy to Steer, Comfortable Leather Seats"

Cons: "Parking Brake Location, No Homelink"

"The 2012 Honda CRV-L is a completely different car than the 1999 Honda CRV that I traded in. It is roomier, has 40 more horse power (overpowered actually), yet gets better gas mileage due to its lower roof line. I have a bad back and got a back ache just sitting for 5 minutes in the previous year (2011) CRV-L. The leather seats in the 2012 are greatly improved. No back ache even after a long trip. The graphics on the navigation system are outdated but the system works well. The maps are more up to date than Google maps, it has a touch screen, correctly routed me to my destination, love the travel directions on the second screen and the speech recognition works even with moderate road noise (something Garmin can't do). I don't know what the complaint about 5 speed versus 6 speed transmission is about. The 5 speed is a proven reliable transmission. The transmission and engine on the 1999 CRV I traded in were still in perfect running condition. A few of my complaints (and these are more for Honda engineers): 1. The placement of the parking brake could be better. 2. No Homelink. I fixed this by adding a Gentex 41A mirror with homelink and Honda 08V03-TOA-100 accessory kit. The kit comes with excellent installation instructions and is easier to install than it looks. 3. No power lift gate. The local Acura dealer tells me that the RDX actuator won't fit on the CRV. The Acura RDX is an up scale version of the CRV, but costs $10000 more plus $5000 additional for fuel (lower mpg premium gas). This is the reason I rated the CRV so high."

Bought new 2015 CRV and I would NOT recom 2015 CRV

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cons: "Vibration issue and ride at 65mph is not comfy"

"Vibration issue and ride at 65mph is worst. Please do Google search on 'Honda CRV 2015 vibration issue' before buying it! I am taken back with Honda's quality and customer service dealing with the issue."

Excellent and useful car with great mileage

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Usefulness, space, economy, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Plasticky interior, road noise, weak Pandora"

"I've had my 2014 EX AWD CR-V for 3 weeks, and driven about 1200 miles on a mix of highway and city roads. I have had no major issues. The mileage has been really good for an SUV, ranging from 22 to 34 MPG, average 28+ MPG. Coming from a Camry Hybrid which got about 38 MPG, I'm very pleased with this AWD SUV. It is a lot of fun to drive, with responsive handling, albeit a bit vague on center when on the highway with wind affecting tracking a bit. Acceleration is good. I find the large cargo area and one touch folding rear seats great for functional use. The only things I might pick on are the large expanses of hard plastic, lack of Homelink as an option, and no standard auto dimming mirror in the EX level. I installed my own aftermarket Auto dimming Homelink rear view mirror. I had the TPMS light come on last week but after re-calibrating I haven't seen it since. Also, Pandora connection is iffy, requiring plugging and unplugging the USB into my cell phone to get it to play right. I like the seats, adjustability, seat height, compliant ride. It is reasonably quiet, but some tire noise comes in on the highway. I really like my CR-V, and hope it proves reliable in the long run as our other Hondas have been."

Much improved from previous years

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "Great value; Honda reliability; drive one!"

Cons: "none yet...1000 miles so far."

"I recently traded my 2010 Honda CR-V EXL AWD for the same model for 2013. This vehicle is much quieter than the 2010, virtually no road noise...even with the windows open! Front visibility is improved and although the rear window is somewhat smaller, the back-up camera is very helpful especially when parallel parking. The horsepower is slightly higher but it is much quicker than before, with the shifter down shift button this car gets into highway traffic faster and easier than before...not as fast as my wife's Accord coupe 6 cyl, but very good. Gas mileage is better than the 2010 right off the showroom floor. The seats, both front and rear, are more comfortable. Electrically assisted steering takes a little getting used to but is an improvement as well. New displays, Bluetooth, fewer console buttons all make driving easier. Honda added fog lights and headlights that stay on for about 30 seconds while you walk to the house. The split driver's side mirror is useless and annoying but otherwise the improvements are worthwhile. I used KBB info for pricing the 2013 and for my trade value and got exactly what KBB recommended...good info KBB! All in all, a very good buy for the money, sticker was $1170.00 more than my 2010 four years later with additions and improvements...isn't bad."

Love my 2012 CR-v

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, Reliable, Has amenities, Handles well"

Cons: "Mileage in city only about 23; 28-30 on Hway"

"We traded in our 2011 CR-V for the 2012 because the upgrades were so amazing. One year after owning-- I don't regret this move-- This car is fabulous-- We have the AWD EX-L WITHOUT navigation (couldn't justify +2500, when you can get a GARMIN for 200. It gets better gas mileage, it is actually a bit more comfortable than the 2011, seems to steer more responsively. It also seems to have fewer blind spots, thought the back up mirror helps. It handles like a car, has room for the dogs and has the Honda reliability I have come to love over the years--"