2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,854 - $22,616.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 241 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

If you get the LX you will save about $2000

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "drives very well, good space"

Cons: "no arm rest for front passenger in LX"

"I just got the 2013 CRV LX AWD . I am a car salesman at a high end import brand. I thought the CRV was a great value, the handeling and power are good. It is a 4 cyl and if you let the engine get to higher RPMs it has some pull. I have the LX and am dissapointed that there is no front passenger arm rest and no dealer option to install one in the LX model. I think the passenger will miss it on long trips. The ECO button is nice with the green lights they help to keep you aware of your driving style so that you try and save gas. Over all a very nice car."

Best of the small SUVs available

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, value for the price, seating comfort"

Cons: "Rear side visibility"

"I owned one of the first CR-Vs made from 1997. We gave it to our daughter in 2003 and she had been driving it ever since. When the radiator, brakes, and exhaust all went out at the same time after over 180,000 miles we offered her our car and went out to find a replacement for us. We looked at a lot of the small SUVs, including the Toyota RAV-4, Mazda CX-5, Subarus, Jeeps, and Fords. The CR-V was the most comfortable and had the smoothest ride. I am 6' 5" and my wife is 5' 4" so we needed a car that we both could drive. This was the only choice for which the driver's seat adjustments allowed both of us to find comfortable seating positions. We decided to get the EX model even though the differences between it and the LX were minor because we didn't like the black interior that came with the exterior color we wanted on the LX. The EX-L has navigation and other bells and whistles that we didn't really need. The only option on the EX-L that made us consider it was the power drover's seat, but the manual adjustment on the lower models works fine for us. We have had the car about a month so far and really like it. We have only used one tank of gas, but we got about 27 MPG in combined local and highway driving. It feels solid while driving and handles well. Our only minor complaint is that the right rear column blocks some visibility when looking back to change lanes. I haven't really had any problems as a result of this though. Overall we are happy with the car and hope to be able to get the 15 years and 180,000+ miles out of it that we did from our first CR-V."

Great overall vehicle

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "MPG, space, std equipment, reliability"

Cons: "passing power, driver's mirror, flat seat cushions"

"Have had the CRV EX-L for a little over 3 mos now. Not a thing has problem. Fit and finish is excellent. Controls, radio are perfect. And the space within such a small vehicle cannot be topped. Pros - Space, MPG (31.5 avg), smoothness on highway, radio clarity, just an overall great package Cons - Lack of midrange power to pass with (a real dog there), wind buffering on the highway with the glass down even just a bit, driver mirror is useless, lack of downshifting option on the transmission (would help w/passing), better designed seat cushions. All, but the power are rather minor. For midterm changes I hope they add 10-15 additional HP (I'll take the MPG loss), better driver seat design, an easier USB plug-in port, 6 sp transmission w/downshifting capability) Even without the changes they will still sell fast"

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the money."

Cons: "No hill descent mode."

"Must say I don't understand some of the reviews I've read; are they for real, or written by salespeople? Some reviews, both pro and con, just don't seem real. So here's a review from a real owner: If you're going to purchase this vehicle a few things to remember. Pay the extra money to buy an EX-L. It'll give you a driver side power seat that can be adjusted to suit just about anyone. I'm 6 feet and weigh 240, and can easily adjust the seat so it's comfortable. I've read some reviews that speak about how uncomfortable the seats are on long trips. Know what? All cars get uncomfortable on long trips. The CRV seats are as good as any I've had in my 30+ years of driving. The added benefit of heated seats, heated mirrors, and dual zone heating add to the value of the EX-L package. The stereo system is fine for an old timer like me. For those who need bluetooth, I suggest you have your salesperson walk you through the steps of how to voice activate and make calls on the system. It has worked flawlessly for me for the 5 months I've owned this vehicle, and I use my bluetooth often for business. I haven't experienced any of the rattling, whining, or other unknown noises others have heard. Neither have any of the many people I know who own a CRV. Again, is it possible the poor reviews are written by salespeople from competitors? I know if I was a salesperson for a competitor I'd write as many bad reviews as I could for the competition. Anyway, I digress. If you drive in an area with abundant snow, buy snow tires! All Season's just won't cut it. Not for any AWD/4WD vehicle. I still remember getting stuck in my Jeep 4X4 my first Winter with it and All Seasons. It has snowed without end this Winter, I live in a very rural area of Vt, and my CRV has gone everywhere with ease. Why shouldn't you buy this vehicle? Ok, here goes. Performance, what performance? Very pedestrian handling and performance. No hill descent option. An extra low gear I could really use here in Vermont. Subaru offers this as standard on all new Outbacks, and I almost bought one just because of that. Other than these, I can't believe anyone wouldn't at least take a look at the CRV."

Best Choice for Small SUV

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Perfect size, economical, high tech"

Cons: "Wish it had a little more power"

"Great gas mileage. Decent ride quality, fairly quite at highway speeds. My wife loves it! I do too. I think the white is the best color. All EXL's come with just about all the bells and whistles standard. Not real powerful but that is no deal breaker for me. I am more concerned about what happens at the gas pump and that is where this car shines. If you drive 45 mph, you get 45 mpg. Try it on your test drive and you will see this is true. It is easy to park and the rear view camera has three viewing angles, really cool and useful. The radio is excellent in the EXL. I think the radio gets a little more features in this model. Buy one and you will never want to go back to anything else. Just don't expect it to do more than it is designed for (it will not replace a full size SUV). A perfect vehicle for someone who wants an SUV but not the gas bill and the parking issues that come with owning a large vehicle."