2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,015 - $22,596.

10/7.7

7.7

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10

Terrible cruise control, poor defroster

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage good appearance"

Cons: "Cruise control, defroster, air conditioner"

"Cruise control drops up to 8 mph going up a hill and gains that much going down. Dealer says the 15 mph speed variation is "normal and within guidelines". I have been driving with cruise controls since they were introduced and have never seen dramatic fluctuations like this even when the technology was new. It is too bad that Honda finds this acceptable. Side window fogs making it difficult or impossible to see side mirror. Defroster doesn't help. Seems to be a design flaw particularly in humid climates. Heater works great unfortunately I live in the south and the air conditioner is not adequate on hot days."

Never again

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "Can't think of one."

Cons: "Too many to mention."

"Bought the CR-V January, 2012. I have only 3200 miles on it. I have had 5 dead batteries, first time the dealer replaced the battery. The next 2 times they blamed the after market remote starter I had installed. I had the remote starter removed and have had 2 more dead batteries. They blamed me and said I need to start the car every other day and let it run for 10 minutes. So I guess I should expect a dead battery when I come back from vacation. Not to mention the cost of gas running the car. The ride is extremely hard and I never feel quite comfortable driving it. I am looking to trade it in. Had the Toyota Highlander 10 years without a problem, wish I could have afforded to buy a new one, settled for the CR-V"

I hate to say it, not very pleased with the car.

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

"My mother owns a 2012 Honda CR-V, EX. Honda used to be the role model for reliability for cars around the world. In 2006, both of my parents had Hondas and the '06 CR-V was getting a just a little rickety towards the 110,000 mile mark. My father had the '06 Accord and that started getting messed up around the 120,000 mile mark. My mother's '12 CR-V is starting to get a little messed up at 25,000 miles. I, personally, think that Honda, this year, is starting to cut corners with their cheap, plastic panels on the dash and doors. The gaskets aren't very strong on the car and one of them tore because I dropped a gallon of milk on it. All in all, it would be a decent enough car to have for a few years before you would have to keep putting money into it to repair it every couple months."

small. impractical for family travel.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "none known at this time"

Cons: "totally impractical"

"So far in the 5 weeks I have owned it, the CR-V has been reliable. Gas milage is not what I had expected. Had to put all three head rest down in back seat and lower front passenger seat to recline position so I could see out the windows. Driver seat is narrow and uncomfortable on my back. I was disappointed to learn that my phone would not charge while the car motor was not running. The two parts of the back seat do not fit together. There is a large gap between the section you sit on and the back part of the seat. My mail disappeared into that area. I found it when my dog's legs slipped into the same location. unsuitable for my needs."

Over Rated.

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Dependable."

Cons: "Price a little high"

"Bought this car new. So far everthing is working fine. My complaints, Tire pressur sensor does not tell which tire is low when sensor comes on. Light on dash stays on. Comes on in cold weather. Also no option to have a power tail gate lift like American SUV. Ride is rough, like a truck. Milage does not come up to what they advertise. I average 18.9 city driving. Have to get book out to see what all the systems indicators mean. 29 different indicators on instrument panel. I traded in from a Cad. Guess I was spoild."