2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,910 - $22,656.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 205 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

Drives even better with Eco "off" and A/C on!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy; fun to drive; comfortable"

Cons: "Lacks new features like collision prevention"

"We looked at a number of competing vehicles and decided that the CR-V was an excellent value. After 4 months of ownership we love it and don't really have any significant complaints. Sure, it could be a bit quieter and the ride is typical SUV-like, but neither issue bothers us all that much. We did find it a lot more enjoyable to drive once we turned off the ECO button. The change in fuel economy was barely measurable, but the drivability was substantially improved. We further improved the comfort by always running the A/C in the "AC On" mode rather than the default setting. This really improves the air conditioning performance, especially on humid days. I don't see this documented anywhere in the owner's manual. The TPMS system on the 2014 CR-V is the one used on the Accord for the past couple of years and it is awful. The most it can tell you is that one of your tires might be low but it doesn't tell you which one or what its pressure is. This is one of the few examples of Honda doing the minimum to meet federal requirements."

Buyer Beware!

By on Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pros: "Body style"

Cons: "Vibration issues"

"Avoid the 2015 CR-V right now. Many customers are having vibration problems in their vehicles but there is no fix in sight right now from Honda. The vibration is extremely annoying and also a distraction. You may be purchasing a brand new vehicle but the car will feel 10 years old with vibration. Quit while you are ahead and avoid this car."

Great Mid-Size SUV!

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "solid SUV,interior room,rear door"

Cons: "low HP/torque,audio beeps,no garage door opener"

"I enjoy driving the Honda CR-V. This is a really nice all-around mid-size SUV. You can't go wrong with this purchase. I'm still happy with it after two weeks of driving it. One thing I would like to see improved is the horse power and torque. The vehicle has plenty of of power get you wherever you need to go. However, to accelerate fast you have to hit the pedal hard to down shift. Also, I noticed that the vehicle has to down shift at 75 mph (posted speed limit) if a slight incline exists in the road, while in cruise control. The vehicle has great clearance in the front. The rear door is perfect for loading pets. The seats fold down nice. Center console has a lot of storage. Dislikes... Tiger strip across the middle portion of the console. I'm not sure why this design is there. Audio system makes a loud BEEP very time you switch source or station. No option to turn off. Why? Driver and Passenger windows do not have tinting. Apparently this is due to state limitations on % tinting. You have to get it tinted yourself. No built-in garage door opener. I recommend this vehicle. However, I wish it had more horse power, torque, garage door opener, push start, right lane-change camera. I recommend comparing to similar vehicles in its class to see if more features are present. I didn't get to test drive others."

I have driven faster cars.

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "comfortable to drive"

Cons: "none so far"

"I had a jeep liberty for 9 years and enjoyed it very much. Gas millage poor. Therefore I went for better millage suv, CRV XL And I believe Honda is very reliable. People who own have nothing bad to say about Honda's reliability."

Awesome Car-2015 CRV Touring

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "So many features for the money"

Cons: "Small amount of storage in center console"

"It took two months for the car to be delivered. It was well worth the wait. A lot of techy stuff and will take time to learn it all. We had an MBZ for 17 years with no major problems, however my Wife wanted a small SUV with all wheel drive. Considered many other brands and kept coming back to the Honda. After reading all the reviews, we were a little skeptical, however, haven't experienced any of the "so called" problems that others have reported. The CVT is smooth, acceleration is prompt(even on hills), steering is positive, suspension is firm and the seating is comfortable for someone with a bad back. I don't know how I got along without Adaptive Cruise Control in the past. Hands down the best value for the money!!"