2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,575 - $22,302.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great small SUV

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"2013 CR-V EX A very good reliable product. Relatively quiet around town with adequate pickup. Good ride and handling, roomy enough for 4 adults. Easy to fold rear sets flat for added carrying capacity. Very good fuel mileage (26 mpg) over 2 years of mixed driving 40,000 miles. What could be better? A little more pickup. Quieter on the highway. Better looks."

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "Great value for the money."

Cons: "No hill descent mode."

"Must say I don't understand some of the reviews I've read; are they for real, or written by salespeople? Some reviews, both pro and con, just don't seem real. So here's a review from a real owner: If you're going to purchase this vehicle a few things to remember. Pay the extra money to buy an EX-L. It'll give you a driver side power seat that can be adjusted to suit just about anyone. I'm 6 feet and weigh 240, and can easily adjust the seat so it's comfortable. I've read some reviews that speak about how uncomfortable the seats are on long trips. Know what? All cars get uncomfortable on long trips. The CRV seats are as good as any I've had in my 30+ years of driving. The added benefit of heated seats, heated mirrors, and dual zone heating add to the value of the EX-L package. The stereo system is fine for an old timer like me. For those who need bluetooth, I suggest you have your salesperson walk you through the steps of how to voice activate and make calls on the system. It has worked flawlessly for me for the 5 months I've owned this vehicle, and I use my bluetooth often for business. I haven't experienced any of the rattling, whining, or other unknown noises others have heard. Neither have any of the many people I know who own a CRV. Again, is it possible the poor reviews are written by salespeople from competitors? I know if I was a salesperson for a competitor I'd write as many bad reviews as I could for the competition. Anyway, I digress. If you drive in an area with abundant snow, buy snow tires! All Season's just won't cut it. Not for any AWD/4WD vehicle. I still remember getting stuck in my Jeep 4X4 my first Winter with it and All Seasons. It has snowed without end this Winter, I live in a very rural area of Vt, and my CRV has gone everywhere with ease. Why shouldn't you buy this vehicle? Ok, here goes. Performance, what performance? Very pedestrian handling and performance. No hill descent option. An extra low gear I could really use here in Vermont. Subaru offers this as standard on all new Outbacks, and I almost bought one just because of that. Other than these, I can't believe anyone wouldn't at least take a look at the CRV."

Perfect for central oregon

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pros: "great handling, convenient back seat options"

Cons: "outside appearance not awesome"

"This car worked great for Central Oregon weather. I didn't even need studded tires. The flexibility with the back seats folding down was wonderful. I could fit more in that vehicle than a lot of standard sized Suv"

I give it 10 for looks and for comfort a 5.

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"The car has not given me any problems at all. After having the car I noticed the sits are uncomfortable, alot of road noise and the ride could be better. My previous car was a Toyota RAV 4 it was much better in the snow and overall a more comfortable ride. I will be selling it."

Riddled with Vibrations

By on Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pros: "Nice interior and exterior, roomy cargo"

Cons: "Terrible drive, Horrendous vibrations,"

"I've been a long time Honda owner and it was finally time to step up to the SUV class. Did all the research, read all the reviews, pulled the trigger and finally bought the EX trim. I walk around my Honda and admire its styling and I Love it !! I open the door and sit in my Honda, and i love it !! I admire the comfortable seats, the safety features, the radio and i Love it !! I start the engine and drive my Honda,... and I HATE it. What a mistake. The vehicle is rife with Vibration issues throughout various driving situations. When vehicle is stopped and idling, strong vibrations due to extremely low RPM/ poor vibration dampening.. When vehicle accelerates from a stop, the engine/vehicle shudders for a period until i get up to cruising speed. It happens EVERY time. During crusing speeds, the ride is quiet indeed, but the road vibrations transmit through the steering wheel. I can't believe this is what $30,000 buys you from Honda. Prospective buyers, take your time and do a nice LONG test drive( preferably city/ highway driving, slow starts idling stops, etc. pay attention to the vibrations especially during slow acceleration and see if you can live with it.Sent Certified letter to Honda detailing Problems- No response back. You decide. Last Honda for me."