2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,587 - $22,310.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

"I love my new CR-V"

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Easy to Drive, Solid, Luxury Look and Feel"

Cons: "Average Stereo Sound"

"After 11 years in a VW Passat 4 Motion, we decided we needed more room, better mileage and improved reliability and bought the 2105 CRV Touring. We like the upscale look and feel with the upgraded interior, the 18" wheels and redesigned front end. It is simply easy to drive and is roomy for a smaller crossover. The CVT is far superior to standard transmissions we experienced in other test drives, eliminating annoying premature shifting. It almost feels like a 2 speed CVT. The lane change camera and backup camera compensate for the lack of rear visibility. The Touring comes with all sorts of bells and whistles and that technology takes a few re-reads of the manual to master. If I had to raise disappointments, it would be in the sound quality of the premium factory stereo. It does not produce the lows I would expect. The fuel tank is smaller than we are used to and it seems we make frequent trips to the gas station to top off. As others have mentioned, the mileage has been lower than expected...however...we are still in the break-in period, it is still winter and some of our driving has been in below zero temps so of course mileage is lower...it should be. Cold air requires a richer fuel mixture. We are averaging about 22 MPG, but our interstates in SD have 75 MPH speed limits so we are driving closer to 80 MPH part of the time. This all this said, my wife blurted out of nowhere last night..."Have to tell you, I just LOVE my CR-V""

Great and Economical SUV

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Comfy vehicle that handles well on windy roads."

Cons: "It's not free!"

"I had always driven Toyotas and most recent prior to my CRV purchase drove a RAV 4. I was not interested in a Honda product but while car shopping with my daughter was urged to test drive the CRV (salesperson was aware that drove a RAV). I took this vehicle out for a test drive and upon returning handed them the keys to my Toyota and traded it in on the CRV. I never expected to like this vehicle but in 2012 Honda made some major changes to their CRV which proved to be a huge success. Way to go Honda!!"

GREAT LITTLE CAR

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pros: "GOOD CAR FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE SO FAR"

"I HAVE HAD THIS CAR ABOUT A YEAR NOW, RIDES GREAT ,HANDLES WELL ,EASY TO PARK, GOOD SOUND SYSTEM,HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE GAS MILEAGE THEY SAID EVEN WITH ECOBOOST ON.. THE BEST I DID IS ON TRIP TO SOUTH CAROLINA WAS 28 MPG.COMFORT WAS GOOD ON LONG TRIP,BUT A BETTER CAR FOR AROUND CITY. LOVE THE BACK-UP CAMERA !! STORAGE IS GREAT, REAR SEAT FOLD NICELY,FOR MORE STORAGE."

Mileage not as stated; poorly planned interior

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

"Purchased in Oct 2014 - avg 21 to 22 mpg with econ mode. Thought I could live with lack of front seat storage space in return for hyped improved gas mileage - so very disappointed. Wish I had bought a Rave-4 instead. The vehicle just makes me unhappy & I wish I'd never purchased it."

A bad apple in Honda's orchard

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Good value, comfortable, practical, attractive"

Cons: "Only one: MY car won't start sometimes"

"I bought my Honda CR-V 15 months ago. I only drive short distances and keep it in a garage when not on the road. It has failed to start three times in the time I have had it. Battery tested by dealer each time and found to be fine. Software upgrade installed yesterday. I no longer trust this car and am trading it this week. Online post at another site showed one other owner with identical problem, solution and his still does not start periodically. Have been told to drive it every day. Cannot do that."