2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,910 - $22,656.

10/7.7

7.5

Based on 208 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

THE BEST EVER!!!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "SAFE, luxury, smooth ride, great price"

Cons: "More leg room for tall people in front and in back"

"This is my 4th Honda and my 2nd CRV. I loved all of them but particularly loved everything about my new EX-L CRV. I've had it 5 months. Unfortunately, last week I was in a serious car accident and my honda may likely be totaled but I was not! Thankful the 2012 Honda CRV was built so strong that it withstood someone broadsiding me on the driver's side door and front quarter panel with a full sized pickup doing approximately 50 mph and they never hit their brakes. All witnesses reported that the car took such a horrible hit and they were amazed that I walked away. Not to say that I was not injured because I was, but I am alive!!"

great price and interior room

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Price, interior space, bluetooth features."

Cons: "No passenger armrests. Cheap and thin plastic int"

"Very nice CR-V with decent power and features. My only complaint is the cheap look and feel of some interior plastic items. I own a 2007 Pilot and everything seems a bit more fit and trim. The plastic look and thiness cheapens this vehicle. Otherwise I am pleased and expect great Honda reliability."

Not likely to own another CR-V

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Good utility and space"

Cons: "Noisy, rough ride, poor radio,"

"This is a leased 2012 EX AWD model. Mileage is nowhere near combined 26 advertised - maybe 24 highway, 21 city. Vehicle is noisy, and has a very poor radio and speakers. Every crack in the road is felt. OEM tires almost worn out at 24,400 miles. Pretty disappointed overall."

Honda seems to be falling behind the competition

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Honda quality and resale makes the car a smart buy"

Cons: "The Honda CRV ramains a baisc limited options car"

"I traded my 2004 CRV in Dec 2012. I originally wanted another CRV, that is until I compared it with the Mazda CX-5. I was looking for as much technology as I could get in my price range. On my "must" list was buying a car with Blind Spot Warning. Honda didn't offer that option but Mazda did. Mazda also offered quite a bit of other stuff Honda didn't. Fast forward to Nov 2014. I'm trading my wife's Maxima. I noticed the new CRV has the blind spot warning now, so I go to a Honda dealer to check the car out. The Honda version of Blind Spot warning struck me as odd to say the least. It uses a camera instead of a warning light and it only covers the right side of the vehicle. I asked the salesman why it didn't provide coverage for the drivers side. He said Honda didn't think the drivers side blind spot was a problem. Huh? The drivers side outside mirror had something similar to what Ford offers built into the glass. Not all that helpful at night or during bad weather. I didn't think the camera was all that helpful either. I just want to know if a car is in my blind spot I don't need to see it, and I'm wondering how the camera works in bad weather and at night. Anyway, after checking out Honda, Ford and Toyota, I ended up buying another Mazda CX-5."

Great value for a small SUV

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Reason: Wife wanted something with more power

Pros: "Crazy (Good) re-sale value"

Cons: "No home link or power lift gate"

"Honda continues to amaze me with their resale value. We owned the car for a year and put over 17k miles on it, then sold it for pretty close to what we paid for it. Amazing, considering no major price increase on the 2013's. The only reason we got rid of it is that my wife is used to V6's and V8's and could never warm up to the 4 cylinder. As far as I was concerned, it had plenty of power for what is was. We both would have liked it better if it had home-link and a power lift gate. We bought the top of the line EX-L AWD, so you would think that those options would be available,but were not."