2014 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,665 - $24,524.

10/7.7

7.6

Based on 258 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10

Great reliable SUV

By on Friday, July 17, 2015

Pros: "Great looking, good gas mileage and rearview camer"

Cons: "AC takes time to reach 2nd row"

"i bought a certified 2014 Honda CRV LX model 5 months back. I have driven over 5000 miles on it and my overall impression is positive on this SUV. LX model has the rear view camera and also an LCD screen where you can display photo from your USB device. it's roomy for 5 passengers. Cargo space is just enough and the flexibility to fold the second row seats 60/40 is an added advantage. i get a combined mileage of 26.5 When you talk about Honda you are talking about reliability and resale value. I guess this CRV forsure stands by that."

low 20 mpg city / 30 highway

By on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Underpower..."

"Bought this car a year ago. Pros : Riliable i did a road trip philadelphia to west coast this summer : no issues cons : Mpg not as good in City ( 20 mpg in summer, 18 mpg in winter) even though Highway is good (30 mpg) Not enough power in mountain or acceleration, it needs something extra. Overall a reliable car but Mpg are not that great especially City, it miss punch, extra power ( sometime frustrating)"

GREAT GAS MILEAGE

By on Tuesday, August 25, 2015

"I'VE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE. MY FAMILY BORROWED THE CAR AND GOT EVEN BETTER GAS MILEAGE THAN I DO. THEY THOUGHT IT MUST HAVE BEEN A 6 CYLINDER INSTEAD OF JUST A 4 CYLINDER."

EXCELLENT "SUV" for the Money!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Quality and handling"

Cons: "Nav, and lack of no turbo 4 nor V6 option"

"We test drove a lot of vehicles (Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Audi, BMW, Acura…all compact SUV's) before we test drove the CRV (last vehicle driven), and I can tell you that for the money (excluding the luxury brands I drove…in that category, the Q5 was the best overall) it was the best overall vehicle! From quality to handling, none can beat it. The handling was surprisingly good. I come from driving German engineered coupes, and I had no idea what to expect when I drove the crossovers besides lack of soul. Some were mushy and free of any feedback like the Edge and MDX, some were too stiff for what the vehicle was manufactured for. The CRV did not have the best looking interior, but it did feel like a $30K interior unlike it's other competitors that were over $30K and didn't feel like it. The quality of the interior is very good (nice leather and plastic inside). The best thing about the interior is how roomy it is. For such a "small" vehicle, it was very roomy inside. I had two friends that are 6'2" in the back with my seat all the way back and they still had room to move their legs. I love the split seat fold downs with the one stop shop lever pull. The only gripe I have about the interior is the very outdated looking/feeling NAV. Do not like the NAV. drive/handling was excellent compared to it's competitors (definitely needs either a turbo or a V6 option. C'MON HONDA get on that boat already! Compared to it's other 4 cylinder competitors, it was the best. The ride was smooth, yet car like and lots of feedback from the road (a very good thing in which you actually enjoy driving the CRV). The engine is smooth as well. I know the exterior is a little "controversial"; however, I love it. It's got nice lines to the sheet metal and is not trying to overdo anything nor does it look overpowering to the eyes. I think it's conservative, yet modern. I think the hardcore CRV owners that are looking to upgrade to the 2012 model will be very happy, while people like me, new to the crossover market and looking to get a compact "SUV" under $30K, will be very happy with the CRV as well and will find it hard to get the same quality/handling/reliability under $30K from other vehicles."

Awesome car for your money

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "driver's side mirror annoying"

"This car is awesome! Traded up for this from a 2008 CR-V which I also loved. This has a bit more space and gets better gas mileage; I average about 31 hwy. I like the i-Mid screen how it can be personalized and the display. Controls on the steering wheel are confusing at first but easy to navigate after a while. The model I have is an EX-L so I have the leather seats which are nice but could be a bit more comfy. Back-up camera really helps too. The only thing I'm disappointed in are little things. The driver's side mirror and how it has what is known as an "extended view display"-the idea behind it is the mirror is divided almost in half and the outer part has a different kind of mirror that's supposed to let the driver see over an extra lane. In my experience all it's been is not helpful but frustrating-it distorts my vision in the mirror so I have to rely on only the normal half of the mirror. I'm thinking of just getting it replaced. Also, the air vent is positioned right where the 10/2 hand placement is on the steering wheel so if I hold my steering wheel like you're supposed to, my hand gets frozen from the air vent blowing straight on it. I just hold the steering wheel a little different to avoid that issue. Other than that, I love the space"