• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,821 - $22,363.

10/7.5

7.9

Based on 97 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Excellent economical and reliable car

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"CLEAN CARFAX! ONE OWNER! I am moving out, so planning to buy a minivan and move my stuffs with the van. This is a financed one, did all the dealer recommended maintenance. I owe $16,000 to the bank, I am looking forward to pay this amount and buy a used van."

My 2nd CR-V and not the quality of the first.

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Too noisy"

"I would still recommend the 2012 CR-V but the road and air noise are objectionable. Handles well and the acceleration and mileage are fine. Well appointed and fun to drive."

Best car for the money

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Take a test drive to see it yourself ...."

Cons: "Love to have an trash compartment"

"This is my first CRV from Honda Company, as family guy I am really happy with my purchase everyone loves the car , we would strongly recommend to my friends and whoever looks for values and quality ."

great

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"love it"

Good quality. Comfort sub par. Noisy, rough ride.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Dependable. Retains value. Handles well."

Cons: "Noisy, stiff ride, rear visibility poor."

"First time Honda owner. Overall did not meet expectations, especially in regard to comfort. Spartan interior.Handles well. Road noise noticeable."

Not too great

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "backup camera, steering, smooth ride"

Cons: "No foot room in front or back seat"

"This car has a small front seat. The whole inside feels cramped. There is tons of storage space in the very back, but that doesn't do you any good in the front and back seats. I am 6'2" and there is nowhere near enough foot room, even with the seats all the way back. Also, the base model does not come with an arm rest on the passenger seat, which is a big drawback. I don't like the fact the car automatically locks at 10 mph, as opposed to when you put the car in gear. Also, the blinker is very strange... if you touch it lightly you can't make it stop blinking; you have to wait for four blinks. That being said it is a smooth ride and the searing is nice. Also, I like the backup camera."

Not a good cold weather choice.

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "With back seats down, large enough for my dogs."

Cons: "Unhappy w/Honda customer service"

"Grinding noise at cold start up still an issue after >6 years with Honda engines. Manufacturer not willing to acknowledge problem still exists because they've not received enough complaints. Check out CRV owners forum before decision to buy."

Thought it was the best vehicle ever until...

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

"My car ran great until I got a recall notice on it. They said it had a problem in cold weather, something to do with the shifter. After they fixed it the gear shifter kept hanging up when I tried to put it in park. It would only go in after multiple attempts. One of the power charger outlets quit working unless you held the cord and pushed it in a certain way. It would do this multiple times and stop for several weeks. Of course by the time I could get it to the shop it had quit each time. I asked them to check it anyway and they always told me they couldn't find anything wrong. I finally took it to a different dealership to see if they could fix it. My car was still under warranty. They told me each dealership is privately owned and if the first dealer broke it they are responsible for fixing it. They did acknowledge that the power port had a short but told me I had to go back to the original dealer for that too. Very disappointing. I won't buy a Honda again because of this!!!"

Wow!

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Smooth Ride, Bluetooth phone & audio, cargo space"

Cons: "none!"

"Im impressed with my new 2014 CR-V EX AWD. The ride is smooth, the features are amazing and looks great! This is a perfect family SUV with great safety ratings..duh, its a Honda ;). The styling is sporty, Great visibility from inside the car, large windows let the light in, large cargo space"

I had (3) previous Honda Accord's-like CRV best

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Great Car!"

Cons: "No much to pick on in this car!"

"The Honda products that I have previously owned are of high quality (for the price)in my opinion. They require very little up-keep and are always up to the task of furnishing trouble free transportation day in and day out. This 2012 CRV AWD has given me great fuel mileage,up to 36 highway/mpg & almost 30 combined/mpg during summertime driving. Wintertime driving mileage suffers somewhat and drops to about 26 combined/mpg. I would prefer a little more power, but I know that the fuel mileage would suffer. There are loads of little amenities that impress me, like the rear doors open 90deg. from the vehicle which makes putting kids and things in the rear seat an easy chore. Also, the solid rattle free body is another plus. This is just a few of the things I like about this car. A satisfied Honda owner."

Design is bad

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

I don't own this car

"Road noise, looks the worst.."

The longer i have it the more i love it.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Back doors open 90 degrees is awesome!!"

Cons: "None really worth worrying about."

"This car grew on me. It was my first Honda. I wasn't crazy about my color choice, I have the White Diamond Pearl and wish I would have gotten the brown one but having said that - I love it more every day. And am now loving the color more everyday as well. So glad I got it and kept it, I really hope to drive it for another 15 years lol!!"

Ok

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice size, Price, Fuel mileage"

Cons: "Seats, Road noise, Engine noise"

"Really tried to like Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4. I test drove several of each all top of the line. I found the seats to be uncomfortable and small. The road noise was just to much."

Not built for cold weather

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Interior, price, trunk space"

Cons: "Rear door latch, wiper fluid - freeze up"

"While this car drives well tin the snow, especially with snow tires, for some reason, the rear door latch freezes shut gand cannot be opened when temps drop below 20-ish degrees. Also, the windshield wiper fluid freezes - ?! At first I thought I got a version built just for Hawaii. I took it in and the dealer replaced the rear latch and drained and refilled the wiper fluid. Slight improvement on the wiper fluid. It seems to withstand lower temps but still froze up eventually. Rear latch still freezes shut and then works fine when temps warm up. Dealer says they are waiting to see if Honda will do anything. Can't find any indication that Honda even is acknowledging the problem, but apparently I'm not the only customer our dealer has heard from. If it weren't for these issues , I'd rate higher, but an inaccessible trunk and touchy wiper fluid isn't helpful in a cold, mountainous state like Colorado! I recently told a friend looking to buy to NOT buy a CRV unless they've fixed this with the 2014."

the best car I've owned

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Rear seats go up and down easily..doors ooen wide."

Cons: "Tires are noisy on some surfaces."

"I am 65 years old...6'2"/200 lbs. It is easy to get in and out of. Very comforta ble. Dives great.MPG is 32 around the city driving easy and 37 going 55-60 MPH. I cannot say enough good points about this car. Prior to this Honda I owned a PT Cruiser for 11 years a nd never thought I'd find another car as great.When it developed electrical problems that I couldn't fix I drove the CR-V and bought it the next day."

First honda - happy

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "wished it was better looking."

"I am very happy with this car, the only things I don't like is,,,,they could have made it a little better looking. Second is my friend who had a Honda said she felt that she never had to put gas in it, she felt the gas mileage was that good. I am getting 27mpg and that is not in ECON mode, I believe ECON mode for me was 28 mpg. This is city and hwy driving - so in actuality this is good. But no matter what car I get, whether considered good gas mileage or not, I still fill my car up with gas 1x every 2 wks. So I was a little let down because of what my friend said, I thought I would be filling up 1x every 3 wks or something. I feel like I can watch the gas gage moving down as I drive. But,,,it says what it says,,,and I guess I am getting good gas mileage."

Great Mid-Size SUV!

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "solid SUV,interior room,rear door"

Cons: "low HP/torque,audio beeps,no garage door opener"

"I enjoy driving the Honda CR-V. This is a really nice all-around mid-size SUV. You can't go wrong with this purchase. I'm still happy with it after two weeks of driving it. One thing I would like to see improved is the horse power and torque. The vehicle has plenty of of power get you wherever you need to go. However, to accelerate fast you have to hit the pedal hard to down shift. Also, I noticed that the vehicle has to down shift at 75 mph (posted speed limit) if a slight incline exists in the road, while in cruise control. The vehicle has great clearance in the front. The rear door is perfect for loading pets. The seats fold down nice. Center console has a lot of storage. Dislikes... Tiger strip across the middle portion of the console. I'm not sure why this design is there. Audio system makes a loud BEEP very time you switch source or station. No option to turn off. Why? Driver and Passenger windows do not have tinting. Apparently this is due to state limitations on % tinting. You have to get it tinted yourself. No built-in garage door opener. I recommend this vehicle. However, I wish it had more horse power, torque, garage door opener, push start, right lane-change camera. I recommend comparing to similar vehicles in its class to see if more features are present. I didn't get to test drive others."

great car, road noise is a little loud

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "too much road noise, having trouble hearing phone"

"difficult to hear phone conversations on blue tooth due to road noise"

Still not sold on this vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling and gas mileage."

Cons: "Seats need more cushion and support."

"Traded in a high end GMC with all the bells and whistles to this Honda CR-V. Decision was based on financial reasons. If it did not have all the air bags, I would not feel secure in this vehicle. Love the blue tooth, which was standard equipment, seats could use a little more support. Fairly decent gas mileage, average is 25.7 mpg around town. Just don't see the family taking this vehicle on a long trip and be comfortable. Will review this vehicle again in 6 months."

its good for a family starter with a low budget

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "needs more power"

"My opinion on the 2013 Honda CRV is that it should get another engine option. Also use less plastic and a 6 speed automatic transmission. Good features like a comfortable ride and a lot of standard features. Good competitors are the Mazda CX5, Jeep Charokee and Ford Escape."

My Opinions are shifting

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Drive alot, was not comfy or fun.

Pros: "Its a Honda, reliable engines"

Cons: "Shift, Ride, Comfort.."

"I drive ALOT for work over 200 miles daily. I bought this car outright trusting honda's reliability factor and some good reviews.. What a huge disappointment. Everything inside feels very cheap and plastic. The ride was hard which surprised me because it has the multi link rear suspension to my knowledge, but honda must've dropped the ball elsewhere. Road noise was very apparent in this vehicle and caused me some great annoyance. I also noticed the steering had a large comfort zone where it didnt seem to respond immediately.. WHY? I was very let down, to top it off the CVT transmission felt like it never knew at what RPM it should shift, if you like to smash the gas pedal and take off like i do, you will find yourself letting off the gas trying to help the car shift.."

Third new Honda for me

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Value and Reliable"

Cons: "A V/6 would a great, option Not available"

"This 2012 CRV EX AWD. Purchased new a year and a half ago. I use to commute from Phila. International Airport to Owasso Oklahoma. Once a month About a Two Thousand Six Hundred and seventy five mile round trip. Vehicle was quiet and smooth. my average mpg on these trips was about 27mpg. not bad considering some of my trip was through the PA mountains. handled well in sloppy weather. People all have opinion's an myself no different. From the view of an Aircraft Quality Control Inspector. This is a well rounded vehicle for the price. One recommended piece of advise. Not an efficient vehicle to tow with. I towed an 6x10 U-Haul on one long trip. total weight of trailer and contents two thousand lbs.16 mpg and a rough experience driving even with the proper hitch set up. Like I stated earlier This is My Third new Honda. There's a very good reason Honda buyers come back. One word. REALIABLE!"

Excellent and useful car with great mileage

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Usefulness, space, economy, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Plasticky interior, road noise, weak Pandora"

"I've had my 2014 EX AWD CR-V for 3 weeks, and driven about 1200 miles on a mix of highway and city roads. I have had no major issues. The mileage has been really good for an SUV, ranging from 22 to 34 MPG, average 28+ MPG. Coming from a Camry Hybrid which got about 38 MPG, I'm very pleased with this AWD SUV. It is a lot of fun to drive, with responsive handling, albeit a bit vague on center when on the highway with wind affecting tracking a bit. Acceleration is good. I find the large cargo area and one touch folding rear seats great for functional use. The only things I might pick on are the large expanses of hard plastic, lack of Homelink as an option, and no standard auto dimming mirror in the EX level. I installed my own aftermarket Auto dimming Homelink rear view mirror. I had the TPMS light come on last week but after re-calibrating I haven't seen it since. Also, Pandora connection is iffy, requiring plugging and unplugging the USB into my cell phone to get it to play right. I like the seats, adjustability, seat height, compliant ride. It is reasonably quiet, but some tire noise comes in on the highway. I really like my CR-V, and hope it proves reliable in the long run as our other Hondas have been."

Still going strong after five years

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "A lot of car for the money"

Cons: "None really other than the firm ride."

"I have a 2008 EX L/Nav.and the only problem so far is the TPMS light . The light came on last summer even though tires are all up to correct pressure. Will have this checked at next oil change.Only expense so far,other than oil changes and brake fluid, is new battery at three years and tires at 35000 miles. The CRV handles curvy mountain roads in NC as if on tracks and power is more than adequate, if not scorching, on steep hills.The ride is fairly firm,but no worse than other small SUVs I've driven. Gas mileage averages 25 MPG with 29 MPG on long trips. I will probably buy a new CRV when the 2015 models come out."

great car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

"This is a great vehicle. Highly recommend this vehicle. I get great gas mileage a comfortable ride for the most part. Only negatives the interior is a little cheap and the vehicle seems sluggish at times."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25