2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,630 - $22,226.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 116 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.5/10

Best car we've ever owned, by far.

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Exceptional quality, comfortable seating smooth"

"The 2014 Honda CR-V EX FWD is the best car we've owned in the last 30 years. This is our 3rd Honda and it is the smoothest, quietest and most comfortable car we could imagine. We've also owned Toyota and Jeeps, but this car is just appealing in so many ways. It has a very understated elegance. There's no flash that will go out of style next year. It's like an Apple computer. Very simple design and appearance. The ride is very smooth and the cabin is exceptionally quiet compared to other crossover SUV's we test drove. We thought we could go with the Toyota RAV, just to see if we could leave Honda. But, for us, it didn't compare. The fit and finish of the interior seems to be of a higher priced auto. The seats were exceptionally comfortable, and we both have bad backs. It is a pleasure to drive around the city."

Disappointed with my first Honda

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Lots of storage; Handles Ok."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats; underpowered"

"I purchased the CRV based upon Honda's reputation and various reviews. But .... The vehicle may get 30 mpg if it is driven 55 mph with a tail wind, but plan on 26-27 mpg at freeway speeds of 70-75 mph. The transmission developed an annoying whine at 50-60 mph; most noticeable when decelerating through 55 mph. The dealer acknowledged that this has been an issue with the CRV; but Honda has no fix planned. The tire pressure monitoring system is very buggy and needs a software update. Vehicle is OK for driving around town, but not for long trips."

Drives even better with Eco "off" and A/C on!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy; fun to drive; comfortable"

Cons: "Lacks new features like collision prevention"

"We looked at a number of competing vehicles and decided that the CR-V was an excellent value. After 4 months of ownership we love it and don't really have any significant complaints. Sure, it could be a bit quieter and the ride is typical SUV-like, but neither issue bothers us all that much. We did find it a lot more enjoyable to drive once we turned off the ECO button. The change in fuel economy was barely measurable, but the drivability was substantially improved. We further improved the comfort by always running the A/C in the "AC On" mode rather than the default setting. This really improves the air conditioning performance, especially on humid days. I don't see this documented anywhere in the owner's manual. The TPMS system on the 2014 CR-V is the one used on the Accord for the past couple of years and it is awful. The most it can tell you is that one of your tires might be low but it doesn't tell you which one or what its pressure is. This is one of the few examples of Honda doing the minimum to meet federal requirements."

Real World Review

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfy, spacious, easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage and that weird windshield wiper thing"

"I read a lot of car reviews on this website, and others, before I made my decision to buy a 2014 Honda CR-V EX-L. Overall I like the car, I've had it 11 days and here is my review: Good: The interior is roomy, cargo space is ample, but you all ready know that. What you may not know is that it is very, very comfortable. The ride is very smooth, and it feels capable on any road. I chose it over the Toyota RAV4 and Mazda CX-5, after many, many test drives of all vehicles. The CR-V has a slight "mini-vanny" feel compared to the others, but overall it's awesome to drive. Bad: Gas mileage is not quite what I expected it to be and I'm a pretty controlled driver. I drive a mix of city/highway and I'm getting an average of 19 mpg. Coming from a FWD Toyota that got 26 mpg, I'm not jumping for joy. More bad: The windshield wipers are weird. The passenger side is really short, the driver's side is really long. The short one leaves a water mark right in the passengers view, then the big one comes back and leave another one. I thought at first this was "no big deal", but after 3 days of straight rain, it's starting to annoy me. Also, don't crack open your window in the rain, because due to aerodynamics, and science stuff I don't understand, water will come flooding in from the roof. I mean if you just open it a little, tiny bit. Like I did while waiting at a drive-thru and got an unexpected bath when I turned and pulled forward. Overall I'm happy with my purchase and extremely grateful for Honda's high resale value. If the gas mileage doesn't improve, in 6 months I might have to off-load it."

Excellent all around vehicle, road or town.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "I think it is the best small SUV on the market."

"Excellent vehicle, drives very well and the mileage is great. This is forth Honda and never disappointed."