2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,600 - $22,207.

10/7.5

7.7

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

I hate to say it, not very pleased with the car.

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

"My mother owns a 2012 Honda CR-V, EX. Honda used to be the role model for reliability for cars around the world. In 2006, both of my parents had Hondas and the '06 CR-V was getting a just a little rickety towards the 110,000 mile mark. My father had the '06 Accord and that started getting messed up around the 120,000 mile mark. My mother's '12 CR-V is starting to get a little messed up at 25,000 miles. I, personally, think that Honda, this year, is starting to cut corners with their cheap, plastic panels on the dash and doors. The gaskets aren't very strong on the car and one of them tore because I dropped a gallon of milk on it. All in all, it would be a decent enough car to have for a few years before you would have to keep putting money into it to repair it every couple months."

small. impractical for family travel.

By on Friday, January 04, 2013

I own this car

Pros: "none known at this time"

Cons: "totally impractical"

"So far in the 5 weeks I have owned it, the CR-V has been reliable. Gas milage is not what I had expected. Had to put all three head rest down in back seat and lower front passenger seat to recline position so I could see out the windows. Driver seat is narrow and uncomfortable on my back. I was disappointed to learn that my phone would not charge while the car motor was not running. The two parts of the back seat do not fit together. There is a large gap between the section you sit on and the back part of the seat. My mail disappeared into that area. I found it when my dog's legs slipped into the same location. unsuitable for my needs."

Over Rated.

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Dependable."

Cons: "Price a little high"

"Bought this car new. So far everthing is working fine. My complaints, Tire pressur sensor does not tell which tire is low when sensor comes on. Light on dash stays on. Comes on in cold weather. Also no option to have a power tail gate lift like American SUV. Ride is rough, like a truck. Milage does not come up to what they advertise. I average 18.9 city driving. Have to get book out to see what all the systems indicators mean. 29 different indicators on instrument panel. I traded in from a Cad. Guess I was spoild."

Best of the small SUVs available

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage, value for the price, seating comfort"

Cons: "Rear side visibility"

"I owned one of the first CR-Vs made from 1997. We gave it to our daughter in 2003 and she had been driving it ever since. When the radiator, brakes, and exhaust all went out at the same time after over 180,000 miles we offered her our car and went out to find a replacement for us. We looked at a lot of the small SUVs, including the Toyota RAV-4, Mazda CX-5, Subarus, Jeeps, and Fords. The CR-V was the most comfortable and had the smoothest ride. I am 6' 5" and my wife is 5' 4" so we needed a car that we both could drive. This was the only choice for which the driver's seat adjustments allowed both of us to find comfortable seating positions. We decided to get the EX model even though the differences between it and the LX were minor because we didn't like the black interior that came with the exterior color we wanted on the LX. The EX-L has navigation and other bells and whistles that we didn't really need. The only option on the EX-L that made us consider it was the power drover's seat, but the manual adjustment on the lower models works fine for us. We have had the car about a month so far and really like it. We have only used one tank of gas, but we got about 27 MPG in combined local and highway driving. It feels solid while driving and handles well. Our only minor complaint is that the right rear column blocks some visibility when looking back to change lanes. I haven't really had any problems as a result of this though. Overall we are happy with the car and hope to be able to get the 15 years and 180,000+ miles out of it that we did from our first CR-V."

Best Bang for the Buck

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "It is a bargain for the price and a blast to drive"

Cons: "None yet."

"I have been a loyal Honda person since I first learned how to drive in my mom's 1991 Accord. The visibility, smooth ride, and handling can not be beat. I got a 1998 CR-V and drove it for 13 years and 141,000 plus miles. My 2013 CR-V LX makes me feel like I was back in my old CR-V. I was lucky to get the 2nd to last base model on the lot for a lot less than the same base model of a Ford Escape, which was a serious contender for a while when I was car shopping. I love this car! I hope this car lasts me as long and longer than my old one."

See if you qualify for