• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,763 - $24,352.

10/7.5

7.9

Based on 97 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

EXCELLENT "SUV" for the Money!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Quality and handling"

Cons: "Nav, and lack of no turbo 4 nor V6 option"

"We test drove a lot of vehicles (Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Audi, BMW, Acura…all compact SUV's) before we test drove the CRV (last vehicle driven), and I can tell you that for the money (excluding the luxury brands I drove…in that category, the Q5 was the best overall) it was the best overall vehicle! From quality to handling, none can beat it. The handling was surprisingly good. I come from driving German engineered coupes, and I had no idea what to expect when I drove the crossovers besides lack of soul. Some were mushy and free of any feedback like the Edge and MDX, some were too stiff for what the vehicle was manufactured for. The CRV did not have the best looking interior, but it did feel like a $30K interior unlike it's other competitors that were over $30K and didn't feel like it. The quality of the interior is very good (nice leather and plastic inside). The best thing about the interior is how roomy it is. For such a "small" vehicle, it was very roomy inside. I had two friends that are 6'2" in the back with my seat all the way back and they still had room to move their legs. I love the split seat fold downs with the one stop shop lever pull. The only gripe I have about the interior is the very outdated looking/feeling NAV. Do not like the NAV. drive/handling was excellent compared to it's competitors (definitely needs either a turbo or a V6 option. C'MON HONDA get on that boat already! Compared to it's other 4 cylinder competitors, it was the best. The ride was smooth, yet car like and lots of feedback from the road (a very good thing in which you actually enjoy driving the CRV). The engine is smooth as well. I know the exterior is a little "controversial"; however, I love it. It's got nice lines to the sheet metal and is not trying to overdo anything nor does it look overpowering to the eyes. I think it's conservative, yet modern. I think the hardcore CRV owners that are looking to upgrade to the 2012 model will be very happy, while people like me, new to the crossover market and looking to get a compact "SUV" under $30K, will be very happy with the CRV as well and will find it hard to get the same quality/handling/reliability under $30K from other vehicles."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Urban titanium metallic

"2013 CR-V EX-L AWD. Traded in 2006 Honda Accord EX-L V6, got near blue book value so a good sign for future CR-V trade in. Never had any mechanical problems with the 7+ year old Accord, so stayed with Honda. The CR-V has handled well in Wisconsin rain and snow. The engine runs very quiet. The engine power is decent. Passing cars on a two lane highway to work and the engine has a good kick when needed. Cabin noise is very quiet. Seats are comfortable on 30-90 minute trips. Interior headroom and space are very good and roomy (I'm 5'10" and 145 lbs). I'm picky on looking over the shoulder into blindspots and the rear/side view windows allow a good view. Rear view back up camera is good. Side mirrors are a good size. Overall I'm very pleased so far with the CR-V. I haven't run into any battery problems in 0 degree weather, nor possible excess noise from the default Bridgestone tires."

Urban titanium metallic

Awesome car for your money

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, roomy"

Cons: "driver's side mirror annoying"

"This car is awesome! Traded up for this from a 2008 CR-V which I also loved. This has a bit more space and gets better gas mileage; I average about 31 hwy. I like the i-Mid screen how it can be personalized and the display. Controls on the steering wheel are confusing at first but easy to navigate after a while. The model I have is an EX-L so I have the leather seats which are nice but could be a bit more comfy. Back-up camera really helps too. The only thing I'm disappointed in are little things. The driver's side mirror and how it has what is known as an "extended view display"-the idea behind it is the mirror is divided almost in half and the outer part has a different kind of mirror that's supposed to let the driver see over an extra lane. In my experience all it's been is not helpful but frustrating-it distorts my vision in the mirror so I have to rely on only the normal half of the mirror. I'm thinking of just getting it replaced. Also, the air vent is positioned right where the 10/2 hand placement is on the steering wheel so if I hold my steering wheel like you're supposed to, my hand gets frozen from the air vent blowing straight on it. I just hold the steering wheel a little different to avoid that issue. Other than that, I love the space"

THE BEST EVER!!!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "SAFE, luxury, smooth ride, great price"

Cons: "More leg room for tall people in front and in back"

"This is my 4th Honda and my 2nd CRV. I loved all of them but particularly loved everything about my new EX-L CRV. I've had it 5 months. Unfortunately, last week I was in a serious car accident and my honda may likely be totaled but I was not! Thankful the 2012 Honda CRV was built so strong that it withstood someone broadsiding me on the driver's side door and front quarter panel with a full sized pickup doing approximately 50 mph and they never hit their brakes. All witnesses reported that the car took such a horrible hit and they were amazed that I walked away. Not to say that I was not injured because I was, but I am alive!!"

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

"Traded my Toyota RAV for 2013 Honda CRV. Better value; more space; beautiful interior; am completely satisfied. Hope this one lasts for ten years like my RAV did. cup holders are everywhere they are needed. rolltop console between the front seats holds everything needed. fun to drive. easy to see out the back because the back seat head rests fold down when not in use. back up camera is awesome. just a nice vehicle. back seats fold down with a press of a button. no hassles. huge trunk space. happy happy happy"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25