2012 Honda CR-V

7.6

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Quiet, Great handling, Great MPG

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pros: "Great MPG, Seats fold down fast,"

Cons: "seat heat switches bump on easily"

"I first leased this car because of vibration and low gas mileage concerns found in other reviews. I just recently purchased it because there is no vibration and it has always produced terrific mileage. It has averaged 34.1 mpg over the last 1200+ miles with a combination of city and country driving and only a couple of hundred freeway miles. This is way better than I expected."

Almost Perfect

By on Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pros: "Drivability"

Cons: "Upholstery, Milage & Steering Wheel"

"This is a very comfortable ride, with great acceleration. It hugs the road well and does great on turns. I like the size, roomy on the inside, but much smaller than my last car, a Toyota Sienna minivan. There is good leg room, comfortable arm rest, and lots of small storage nooks in the doors. I have been very disappointed in the seat fabric, which stained the first month I got the car. (I had my previous car for 12 years with no damage to the upholstery.) Also, I have been disappointed in the milage. I drive a combination of city/highway daily and was hoping to get the stated 25 mpg. Wrong! I generally get 22 mpg. Recently I changed the gasoline from regular to mid-grade and am now getting 24 mpg. Freeway driving (a road trip) I got 28 mpg, although it might get better milage if I could ever find a highway without major repairs in progress and bumper to bumper traffic. The last disappointment has been the sandpaper feel of the steering wheel. There were no options on this unless you upgrade to the leather seats, which I didn't want. I'll have to get a leather steering wheel cover for the feel I want. And, of course, the act of buying the car from the dealer was a terrible experience. Overall, I'm satisfied with my car's performance."

Smooth and Quiet

By on Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Pros: "Best value overall"

Cons: "Drivers Split Dumb Mirror,needs to be a blind spot"

"Not sure why others are saying that their ride is noisy as my experience is the opposite very quiet , holds the road very well , goes over railroad tracks easily and handles rough road with ease. The shifting is also smooth and quiet and I'm happy about that as I wasn't sold on a CVT belt trans. I Like the many screens that you can scroll thru and change all kinds of settings with ease Gas mileage seems to be 24-25 around town and low 30's on the freeway when using that cool green button. Stereo has good sound , no problems with the blue tooth , window tinting is dark , passenger mirror cam is sweet , back up camera is great What I have to get used to : Drivers mirror has that split line to view cars approaching from the rear - I'm not liking that at all , Honda should of charged more and gave a true blind spot drivers mirror - the most important mirror is a gimmick. Passenger seat is not power - Really Honda , charge a little more but that should be standard on a EXL Model. Seats could have just a little more cushion , but I will use a gel pad for long trips. I have ordered - Side moldings , door edge guards , rear chrome exhaust extender and will probably order a rear spoiler later. These accessories will most diffidently spiff up the exterior while giving much needed protection from the parking lot Zombies Giving an early review here(less then 100 miles) but we looked at the Rav , Mazda 5 , Subaru , Buick Encore - my wife loved this Honda and I agreed it was better then all the others although I did like that Mazda's cool center info knob."

EXCELLENT "SUV" for the Money!

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "Quality and handling"

Cons: "Nav, and lack of no turbo 4 nor V6 option"

"We test drove a lot of vehicles (Hyundai, Kia, Toyota, Audi, BMW, Acura…all compact SUV's) before we test drove the CRV (last vehicle driven), and I can tell you that for the money (excluding the luxury brands I drove…in that category, the Q5 was the best overall) it was the best overall vehicle! From quality to handling, none can beat it. The handling was surprisingly good. I come from driving German engineered coupes, and I had no idea what to expect when I drove the crossovers besides lack of soul. Some were mushy and free of any feedback like the Edge and MDX, some were too stiff for what the vehicle was manufactured for. The CRV did not have the best looking interior, but it did feel like a $30K interior unlike it's other competitors that were over $30K and didn't feel like it. The quality of the interior is very good (nice leather and plastic inside). The best thing about the interior is how roomy it is. For such a "small" vehicle, it was very roomy inside. I had two friends that are 6'2" in the back with my seat all the way back and they still had room to move their legs. I love the split seat fold downs with the one stop shop lever pull. The only gripe I have about the interior is the very outdated looking/feeling NAV. Do not like the NAV. drive/handling was excellent compared to it's competitors (definitely needs either a turbo or a V6 option. C'MON HONDA get on that boat already! Compared to it's other 4 cylinder competitors, it was the best. The ride was smooth, yet car like and lots of feedback from the road (a very good thing in which you actually enjoy driving the CRV). The engine is smooth as well. I know the exterior is a little "controversial"; however, I love it. It's got nice lines to the sheet metal and is not trying to overdo anything nor does it look overpowering to the eyes. I think it's conservative, yet modern. I think the hardcore CRV owners that are looking to upgrade to the 2012 model will be very happy, while people like me, new to the crossover market and looking to get a compact "SUV" under $30K, will be very happy with the CRV as well and will find it hard to get the same quality/handling/reliability under $30K from other vehicles."

disappointed

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "vibration and road noise"

"vibration between 1000-2000 rpm while excelerating. also strong vibration at stop lite and in gear. I test drove 2 different crv 2015 both were fwd and were perfect. now I have these problems with the awd. most complaints seam to be from the awd."