2012 Honda CR-V

7.5

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Dream turned into a nightmare.

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

"Purchased the 2015 CRV-EX in December. While searching for something I dropped, I noticed the cloth upholstery on the driver's side (beside the console) was completely unattached from the seat. Raw edge, with points cut out in it as if to match it to another piece of fabric. (Those that sew would know what I'm talking about.) At the very least you would think the edge would be turned under and stitched. I contacted the dealership and told to bring the car in; which I did. After inspection from two people working in the Service Dept., a new seat cover was ordered. The replacement is exactly the same...only worse! They are saying it is apparently a "design flaw" when the car was engineered; as they have found others on the lot with the same issue. I loved the car up to this point, but it doesn't speak highly of the quality of either the design or inspections. If they would let this go and not claim the problem and offer at least a compensation for my time and trouble in trying to have a new car seat repaired, what else might be going on inside that "passed inspection?" This issue is just with the driver's seat. We have contacted a local custom shop to recover all the seats in leather. (The cloth looks nice, but shows mystery stains.) INSPECT BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!! PS: There is some vibration when car is idling, but I don't find it bothersome."

Not likely to own another CR-V

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Good utility and space"

Cons: "Noisy, rough ride, poor radio,"

"This is a leased 2012 EX AWD model. Mileage is nowhere near combined 26 advertised - maybe 24 highway, 21 city. Vehicle is noisy, and has a very poor radio and speakers. Every crack in the road is felt. OEM tires almost worn out at 24,400 miles. Pretty disappointed overall."

HONDA CR-V 2012

By on Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pros: "LOVED TO DRIVE IT. THE DEALERSHIP WAS GREAT."

Cons: "GREAT,GREAT"

"THIS CR-V WAS MY WIFE'S CAR. WE BOUGHT IT IN OCT.102=12, SHE WAS THE MAIN DRIVER. I MIGHT HAVE PUT 1000 MILES. [ IF THAT]. SHE DRIVE IT TO WORK, DR'S. THE ONLY ROAD TRIPS WERE TO NEW ORLEANS,ONCE, TH HAMMOND. [ TO THE COLLEGE THAT OUR GRAND CHILDREN WERE GOING TO. THE REST IN THE BATON ROUGE AREA. VERY GREAT CR-V."

Virbration in drivetrain is a major issue !!

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Safety technology, camera for backup/blind spot"

Cons: "Distracting, annoying, fatiguing VIBRATION"

"Enjoying the beautiful interior, safety features, and ergonomics, for me, are totally cancelled out by SEVERE vibration issues with engine and transmission. Engine dances around in rubber engine mounts, which is bolted to CVT transmission (which itself is tends to shudder in two RPM ranges: 1000 and 2000 (ironically, right when the car wants to "settle down" and run at two typical speeds: highway (2000 RPM) slow in town speeds (around 1000 RPM). DO NOT buy this car if you are sensitive to vibration, shakes and shudders. This is the most vibration I have ever dealt with."

Great crossover vehicle, but the ride is a little.

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Great Price and very reliable"

Cons: "Choppy ride"

"Choppy ride."