• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 Honda CR-V

7.7

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

Great comfort, Underpowered

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "great gas millage, made good, very dependable"

Cons: "NO power is it's only flaw but a big one for us"

"This car/AWD sport utility has everything you could ask for, including great traction in bad weather. But it does have one MAJOR flaw. It is very under powered. Anytime you are pulling a mountain, or hauling a full load of adult passengers the cars bogs down real bad. Honda should have made it with a V-6, not a V-4. However it does get great gas millage. Would I buy it again - NO. But I do recommend it for flat land driving or just a great little around-town vehicle. But for anyone who is a seriously driver, buy something with more power."

Falls short on expectation.

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, small for easy parking"

Cons: "Load road noise, does not handle well on freeway"

"Load road noise, does not handle well on freeway especially during winter months. I wished I would never of purchased this car. Car was cheaply made. I've always heated good things about a honda but this car falls short of expectations."

Best vehicle I've owned so far!!

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "AWD, Looks nice, Safety ratings,MPG"

Cons: "whistle type noise at 50-60 MPH, no pass. arm rest"

"Coming from a 2008 Toyota Yaris that got 40 MPG, I needed a SUV AWD for where I live, the Yaris was just not cutting it anymore for me got stuck one too many times. I loved that car, but I love the CRV more because when the weather gets a little bad I'm able to drive and the CRV drives great in the snow. I'm happy that I'm getting an average of 30 MPG(mostly highway driving) with the CRV which I think that's great for a vehicle of this nature. It drives much better and I feel much safer in the CRV then I did the Yaris. I'm a little up set that there's a whining/ whistle type noise that happens around 50-60 MPH that seems to be a Honda thing other friends who have Honda's say it's normal to me it doesn't, I would think they would of figured it out by now, but I'm overall very happy with the vehicle and would buy another CRV."

Absolutely love my CRV

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Good Value, Reliable, Spacious"

"I have owned three vehicles, all Honda or Acura (made by Honda). This has been my favorite so far. I wanted a roomier vehicle so I opted for the CRV. Combined gas mileage I usually get 28 MPG, and on roadtrips 30-32MPG. This car has been reliable, comfortable, and roomy. I can seat 5 adults comfortably. The standard sound system sounds great! I was surprised how good it sounded. I typically drive my car on ECO but, without it, it really has some get up and go! I have to be careful not to press too hard on the gas when I take it off ECO boost. Interior is really nice looking for such an inexpensive car. I get tons of compliments on this car. Honestly if you are looking for a mid size SUV for you, or a family car, check this out and test drive it and you will fall in love. It has bluetooth, standard back up camera and a lot of nice options that come with the peace of mind and reliability of Honda."

Not the mid-SUV favour

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

"4 Cyl w 2.4 liter engine contribute power lower than I expected."

See if you qualify for