2011 Honda CR-V

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

My first CRV-4x4 EXL White

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"Bought my CRV last month, wow, I feel like a queen !!! Everything is just want I wanted. I was looking at a Nissan Rogue, glad I didn't buy it, hubby.s head was hitting the roof liner. Had an ice storm a few weeks ago and had no problem driving on the roads, but I do have the 4 WD. Panel lights blue, very cool. Every thing on the dash lights blue, radio and air controls. Controls on the wheel, stereo and cruse controls light up and door panel for windows and door locks light up which is so nice. Moon roof lets in a lot of light if panel is open, great on a dark day. Milage has been good, about 25 to 28 hwy driving. The leather is soft and a really nice feel and the arm rests are at the right height. My car insurance went down...can you believe that !! I went from a Toyota 2001 Echo, which is a baby car to the CRV and my car insurance went down because of all of the safety features, that really made me happy !! Just drive the CRV and see for yourself if it fits your family. I was going to drive a Toyota Rava, but I don't like the way the hatch opens, with a swing door I think it would be in the way. What ever you buy, just sit in the CRV and try it, you may like it."

Saved our Lives

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Better on gas then equivalent models and very safe"

Cons: "Lag in initial start from stop position."

"Safest vehicle to be in when T-boned. Saved my families lives and came out with no hospitalization even though the vehicle was totalled. Excellent value on gas. Getting another CRV as soon as settlement comes in."

Awful!

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Bought this car because I wanted an AWD with a roof rack with great gas mileage for all of my ski trips through VT, NH, and ME. This vehicle was downright awful. The gas mileage was poor, in comparison my Jeep Grand Cherokee it is only about 3mpg more on a road trip and much less powerful, The engine is significantly underpowered, Hence why the Rav4 comes with a small V6. The suspension was a little soft for an suv, with my bike rack attatched to a trailer hitch the car sagged worse than my corolla and it looked like I was going to pop a wheelie! The road noise was comparable to driving a convertible, with or without the roof rack, and I needed an alignment frequently. Finally I just stopped aligning the car and ran the tires to the wires, that was under 36k miles. As far as the seating goes while the front seating was not great it wasn't bad either just average, but the back seat was too narrow for 3 passengers and my 6yr old who uses a standard booster seat, had difficulty because the booster seat did not fit between the seat belt buckles, unless the booster was crooked in the rear seat the buckle could not be reached. So I believe any review that is totally negative usually is someone venting so I will say what I liked as well. The car had numerous cupholders which I love! The middle rear seat folding down and being like a table for my daughter was great, the numerous small storage compartments and fold away center console in the front are all things that made this car user friendly. rear storage was great I packed the car to the gills when I moved and it just opens wide up like a van. As far as handling goes it stuck to the road in a VT ice storm in December when they closed roads like glue. Overall I would hav preferred the Rav4 for performance but the CRV had it beat in appearance. If they would offer a small V6, eliminate the road noise, stiffen the suspension, widen the rear seat, and fix whatever was ailing the alignment issues I would consider buying again, but if they did all of that it would be a totally different vehicle."

Solid Vehicle

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"Checked all the competitors, Rav4, Rogue, Tiquan, Mazda, etc. None came close to the overall quality and function of this vehicle. Also, dealers are discounting well below invoice at this time. With sales tax incentive, quality of vehicle and discount, couldn't wait any longer. Would recommed this vehicle to anyone without hesitation."

Love the CR-v, HATE the tires!

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Nice size & all round function"

Cons: "Cont. Tires!!"

"Like many past CR-v owners, we hate the Continental Contact OEM tires. There have been complaints about these tires on many makes of vehicles especially CR-v. Honda is aware if it and so are the dealers. Service depts say we will be lucky to get 20k on the tires IF we keep them balanced and prevent cupping, "which you can't.""