• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Honda CR-V

Based on 629 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Definitely Recommended

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"I bought a 2007 CRv-EX in April 2007 and I LOVE IT! I don't want to ever own anything other than a Honda. The gas mileage is awesome - I drive a lot of highways and generally maintain at least 27 mpg. On a recent 6 hour roadtrip, we averaged nearlyl 35 mpg the whole way. The air conditioner works great, even here in the unbearable Texas heat. The moonroof is well-designed; you can have it open driving down the highway and it's quiet enough to carry on a conversation or talk on your cell phone. I'm very impressed with the location and usefulness of each of the gauges. The only drawback (and it's minor) is the location and quantity of storage cubbies (although the under-seat drawer on passenger side is awesome). I would highly recommend this car to anyone, and have!"

LOVE IT!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Great interior and exterior styling of our EX-L. Smooth ride, plenty of power for the road and impressive gas mileage (averaged 32.9 mpg on its first road trip.) Easy to read and informative displays. Excellent sound system with XM radio. Plenty of storage space for luggage. I do wish that the up-front storage cubbies were located more conveniently. Priced right. I highly recommend this vehicle!"

I Wanted to Love this Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"We were very excited when we initially purchased our EX-L w/Nav/AWD. We have never owned a Honda but have heard so much about Honda's reliability that we knew we were making the right buying decision. The Vehicle was "feature rich" for the price. However, we fell out of love fairly quickly mostly due to the gas mileage not delivering...about 4 to 5 miles off what was shown on the sticker in City and Highway driving. Also, the vehicle is very under powered...very noticeable in highway driving and I am a very conservative driver...no heavy foot here. For the same gas mileage there are other vehicles in the market that offer better driving performance and comfort. The car is enjoyable enough in city driving but during highway driving it has a lot of wind noise, the steering has a loose feel and the vehicle feels tinny not like you have a lot of protection around you. The seats also become very uncomfortable on a long trip. However, I did like the navigation system, XM radio, the storage space and the exterior design. Although after the initial glow wore off the front and back end of the car looks weak. By the way, the upgraded audio system was also a big disappointment. Bottomline, if you have not driven a precision car you will probably like the car, but otherwise you will be miserable because there is a world of difference in the driving and handling experience. We sold the car with only 3,800 miles. Lesson Learned: All the features cannot substitute for substance. As the saying goes, "all that glitters is not gold"."

Bad choice

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"The AC unit in this SUV does not cool off my dog, let alone anyone in this car. The seats are very uncomfortable, I do not like being in the SUV longer than I have to. The gas seems to be leaking out of somewhere I can not keep the tank full for more than a couple days. No kind of storage space, have to throw everything in the back and it makes the car look messy all the time."

CRV = wise investment

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Just purchased a 2007 CRV EX 4WD and we love it. It is the perfect vehicle for us. Its safe, reliable, economical, comfortable, stylish and over all a great investment. We are averaging about 24-25 mpg. Getting the EX is well worth the extra money...highly recommend the EX or EX-L. Also, recommend CRV in black as it, in my opinion, is one of the prettiest colors."