2009 Honda CR-V

Based on 701 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Nice car

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I traded my 05 Chev. Tahoe in on the 07 4X4 CR-V. The transition was hard at first. Due to the Tahoe having many extra features. But, when said and done the CR-V has been the best for me. I only drive 5 miles a day to work. I average about 20 mpg which is great for me in town compared to 12 mpg in the Tahoe. (Since gas was 4.00 a gallon!) I am only 5 feet tall I feel very comfortable driving,parking the CR-V. My only MAJOR complaints are the seats need more padding and I wish they had Auto on/off lights. Where you open the doors the paint scratches easily from your fingernails. I tried to get some handle covers but they don't make them yet. Other than that I really like my CR-V. I like driving it. I can park it anyplace I want to. It doesn't really have any blind spots when backing up. It's just a really nice little car. I put a few extras on it when I purchased it like the rain guards,sun visor, and a back window spoiler. Looks really sharp. Have not seen any like mine yet! Maybe by the time I go to trade again they will have improved my complaints!"

squeak box

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The motor is ok. It only has 50000 miles on it. It has had a squeak since it was almost new. it is the door to roof squeaking against each other. I believe it is not made strong enough. The dealer stops the squeak and 2 days later it is back again. It is also small inside and not comfortable. After tax and a 100000 mile warranty, because it has a low warranty, we paid 30000 dollars for this thing and it is not worth it in my eyes."

After One Year...

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"of ownership, my wife and I still love the CR-V. No major problems. There was a service bulletin on the rear diff, but the dealer took care of it free of charge. Fuel mileage (90% City) averages about 23-24MPG. Highway driving at 55MPH has been about 29-30MPG. Highway driving at 75MPH gets about 23MPG. My only qualm would be power. The 4 cylinder is peppy, but I'd prefer a little more power. The ride quality is good, but there is a lot of road noise (esp. in the back seat) when driving over rough roads. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning. Overall, the CR-V has been everything that we expected it to be."

Love this vehicle. Spacious, lots of cargo room,

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room"

Cons: "Only 5 passenger seating"

"Im needing more passenger seating. Sad to see this vehicle go. Handles great on ice and in snow. Plenty of power. Enough cargo space for my adventures. Gas mileage is amazing. Love the navigation system."

Very sensible crossover SUV choice.

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, Lexus-like ride quality."

Cons: "Poor acceleration, bland styling, large blindspot."

"The CRV is a very safe option if you are looking for a reliable, safe, comfortable car that will get you from point A to point B for 200,000 miles without any problems. However, its a rather boring vehicle and strains under acceleration. The interior is ho-hum, though I can't deny that it is well-assembled with high quality materials. The seats are comfortable, but the fabric is cheap and stains easily. The CRV has very ample cargo space, the backseat folds down with ease and it features a cargo cover that doubles a shelf. Steering is average, braking is very abrupt. The CRV can come to stop in a seemingly impossible but very impressive distance; however the overactive brake pedal can take some getting used to. The ride itself is glass-smooth, the suspension absorbs every little bump in the road. Exterior styling is pleasant but unnoticeable, but the rims are exceptionally attractive and expensive-looking. My biggest gripe with the CRV is the very poor acceleration. While accelerating from a stop at a reasonable pace is no problem, passing on the highway is a difficult and noisy affair in the CRV. RPMs abruptly jump above 4000 whenever the accelerator is depressed at speeds more than 55mph. What ultimately makes the CRV a sound choice is that it is a Honda product. The interior and exterior, as well as the legendary Honda engine, will last a good fifteen problem-free years."