• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Honda CR-V

Based on 632 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I am sure traditional Honda quality will prove out over time, however low power, weak handling and DOES NOT produce stated highway mileage. You can buy several GM products with much better power AND mileage. I suspect Honda geared the car wrong for the US market as it gets close to 30 mpg at 60 to 65, however falls off considerable above that level. Seats are not comfortable. For the price, it is surprising the seats do not have power adjustment. While I acknowledge Honda quality, the car seems overpriced for its simple interior features/functionality. Would not consider purchasing another one. Disappointed overall."

Satisfied

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"I am satisfied with my car. I have the 2007 EXL. My only question is what happened to my gas mileage? I've been averaging 18 mpg. Why? The only 2 things that I dont like is no auto off for the headlights (my other car had it) and the drivers seat could be a bit more comfortable (lumbar). I love the cars looks and I hope the mileage gets better."

After One Year...

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"of ownership, my wife and I still love the CR-V. No major problems. There was a service bulletin on the rear diff, but the dealer took care of it free of charge. Fuel mileage (90% City) averages about 23-24MPG. Highway driving at 55MPH has been about 29-30MPG. Highway driving at 75MPH gets about 23MPG. My only qualm would be power. The 4 cylinder is peppy, but I'd prefer a little more power. The ride quality is good, but there is a lot of road noise (esp. in the back seat) when driving over rough roads. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning. Overall, the CR-V has been everything that we expected it to be."

Definitely Recommended

By on Thursday, September 27, 2007

"I bought a 2007 CRv-EX in April 2007 and I LOVE IT! I don't want to ever own anything other than a Honda. The gas mileage is awesome - I drive a lot of highways and generally maintain at least 27 mpg. On a recent 6 hour roadtrip, we averaged nearlyl 35 mpg the whole way. The air conditioner works great, even here in the unbearable Texas heat. The moonroof is well-designed; you can have it open driving down the highway and it's quiet enough to carry on a conversation or talk on your cell phone. I'm very impressed with the location and usefulness of each of the gauges. The only drawback (and it's minor) is the location and quantity of storage cubbies (although the under-seat drawer on passenger side is awesome). I would highly recommend this car to anyone, and have!"

LOVE IT!!

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Great interior and exterior styling of our EX-L. Smooth ride, plenty of power for the road and impressive gas mileage (averaged 32.9 mpg on its first road trip.) Easy to read and informative displays. Excellent sound system with XM radio. Plenty of storage space for luggage. I do wish that the up-front storage cubbies were located more conveniently. Priced right. I highly recommend this vehicle!"

I Wanted to Love this Vehicle

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"We were very excited when we initially purchased our EX-L w/Nav/AWD. We have never owned a Honda but have heard so much about Honda's reliability that we knew we were making the right buying decision. The Vehicle was "feature rich" for the price. However, we fell out of love fairly quickly mostly due to the gas mileage not delivering...about 4 to 5 miles off what was shown on the sticker in City and Highway driving. Also, the vehicle is very under powered...very noticeable in highway driving and I am a very conservative driver...no heavy foot here. For the same gas mileage there are other vehicles in the market that offer better driving performance and comfort. The car is enjoyable enough in city driving but during highway driving it has a lot of wind noise, the steering has a loose feel and the vehicle feels tinny not like you have a lot of protection around you. The seats also become very uncomfortable on a long trip. However, I did like the navigation system, XM radio, the storage space and the exterior design. Although after the initial glow wore off the front and back end of the car looks weak. By the way, the upgraded audio system was also a big disappointment. Bottomline, if you have not driven a precision car you will probably like the car, but otherwise you will be miserable because there is a world of difference in the driving and handling experience. We sold the car with only 3,800 miles. Lesson Learned: All the features cannot substitute for substance. As the saying goes, "all that glitters is not gold"."

Bad choice

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"The AC unit in this SUV does not cool off my dog, let alone anyone in this car. The seats are very uncomfortable, I do not like being in the SUV longer than I have to. The gas seems to be leaking out of somewhere I can not keep the tank full for more than a couple days. No kind of storage space, have to throw everything in the back and it makes the car look messy all the time."

CRV = wise investment

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Just purchased a 2007 CRV EX 4WD and we love it. It is the perfect vehicle for us. Its safe, reliable, economical, comfortable, stylish and over all a great investment. We are averaging about 24-25 mpg. Getting the EX is well worth the extra money...highly recommend the EX or EX-L. Also, recommend CRV in black as it, in my opinion, is one of the prettiest colors."

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

Bad Choice

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"Purchased the 2007 CRV in Sept 07. The Air conditioner is not big enough for the task. The CRV delivered 29 to 30 MPG on the road and then dropped to 24 MPG on the road in March. Dealer states testing finds nothing wrong. Also developed a problem if you need to merge quickly and press hard on gas the engine does not respond right away. Dealer also states this is normal. Seats are not designed for long trips and there are many blind spots. Got rid of the CRV last month."

My CRV

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"The new CRV is just great! I had a 2004 which I also liked very much, the few things I didn't care for have been changed/removed from the 2007(ie the tire on the back and the useless picnic table) I look foward to many years of happy driving. This is my 6th Honda since 1999 and they have all been excellent auto's!!"

Great Value

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I'm very satisfied with this car. In my opinion, just as good as SUV's in its class but half the cost. Unless your one of thoses people who's ego needs a designer name... the CR-V works!!"

from sports car to SUV

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"i love my new SUV. this is my first SUV and i feel so much safer in it!! i made the right decision in purchasing this car. The great gas milage and smooth ride makes me want to take it on road trips all the time! Recommend for anyone, families, traveling, students, commuting."

very good suv

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"Has a lots of room, over 6 foot and have no problem in driver or back seat. Less then 200 miles and am getting 24.2 mpg. Good looks, very quiet on highway. V6 would be nice but not that much of a big deal, has the power when you need it."

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

Not as good as thought

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I bought this new 2007 CRV and I really like the gas Milage, I get 23.2 in the city - don't know on the highway since I have not taken long trips yet. Comfort is OK. Rides a little rough and has loud tire noise. No auto headlights on and off. I live on a gravel road and the car does not have very good seals. I have a lost of dust in the car - which I did not have with my Ford F150, VW Touareg, Jeep Cherokee. I am a little disapointed and I am already ready after 5700 miles to trade it in for a different vehicle"

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I just recently got this about 6 months ago and I love it!! It feels like your driving a car but you can see and steer better than ever!!"

Nice little SUV

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Have had my 2007 CR-V EX now for 4 months and have over 8,000 miles on it. Took our family of 4 on a 3,500 mile driving vacation to and through the Rockies. Enough room for the 4 of us and our luggage, never a complaint of discomfort from the family over the 10 day trip. Performed well for a 4 cylinder in the mountains. Have been averaging around 24 MPG city. Averaged 26.7MPG on the trip with 4 passengers, loaded with luggage, air conditioner on continuously and at 70 to 80 MPH. If you buy one get the EX. The extras are worth it. Wish now I would have gotten the leather interior. Even with paint and fabric protection, armrests are seeming to lose some color. Some of the small storage compartments are in funky places but its nice to have two glove compartments. It is my first Honda and I am very happy with it. Might have bought a CR-V sooner if they would have taken the spare tire off the rear door. I noticed some of the prices on the used CR-Vs on the lot while looking at this one. The resale value this vehicle should hold was one of the reasons I chose it (besides its good looks)"

Every thing exellent except Ride

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"I got the 07 EXL 2 wheel dr.in Sept.06 loved every thing about it except the ride, I traded in a 2005 CRV EXL and I wish I had it back the ride does not compare to the 05. I put aprox. 11000Mi. on the 07 and Just traded it for a 2007 accord EXL 4 cyl auto.sedan,with duel auto climet controle. would have traded for a new 05 CRV if there was one. the ride is much better. I also have a 2005 Accord EX 4 cyl auto. My wife drives .I like the duel climet controle in the 07, and it is getting a little better milege than the 05 Accord"