2009 Honda CR-V

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Solid

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"After driving Civics for years upsized to the CRV for the safety features and ability to load larger items. Also, the 6'3" 16 year old fits better! The original tires had to be replaced after 18 months, apparently I didn't rotate them often enough. We could do without the CD changer as we have XM and I'd gladly exchange the bulky console for space between the seats. The seats fold nicely but could be improved if the floor surface was flat when seats are out of the way. Still, it's a great car getting 26-27 mpg on the highway (only 19-22 around town). You can't beat the reliability of a Honda and people who ride with me are impressed with the style, comfort and pick up of the 4cyl. Gotta love the Nav system too! That was really important to me at the time of purchase and it has paid for itself on a number of major road trips."

This car saved my life!!!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"The Honda 2007 CRV saved my life! We had the CRV about six months when a 3/4 ton super duty truck ran a red light and broadside our vehicle. He was going at least 50+. ( on a cell phone!) The main impact was my drivers door. Amazingly I only had minor injuries, my kids, 6 and 4 in the backseat had NONE!!! The fire paramedics couldn't believe how well our vehicle held up!! And they should know.They wanted to know what it was. I wouldn't have done so well in my old Camry I had before!!! I might be dead. Side Impact air bags are the best!! I brought the CRV because of the safety rating, ( Insurance Institute for Highway safety) Loved it before , love it more now. I now have a 2008 CRV ( 2007 was totaled). Best car Ever!! Love the look ,the way it drives and Of course its safety rating!! Thank God for Honda, because my kids still have their Mother!!! This is the small SUV to buy!!"

Most reliable vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage, cheap to maintain, comfortible to"

Cons: "NONE, USE Honda only parts no aftermarket."

"Never has had any unexpected maintence. Just oil changes, set of tires change, brake pads changed and wiper blade changes. Vehicle has never needed any other maintence. Paint holding up exceptionally well car sits outside in the weather at all times. No rust, or oxidizing any where on body or under carrige. Granted this car is driven safely with no youth drivers. Best car I ever owned. Have made numerous long distance drives with no leg or back fatigue proplems. Roomy interior too converts to carry 5 average adults or seats all fold down for long/large items to be carried."

Great gas mileage, nice riding

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Reason: Lease was up

Pros: "Reliable, great gas mileage, great trunk"

"My in town gas mileage average was 26.4 miles a gallon. I only work about 5miles from my job so I wasn't on highway much. The gas mileage for in town driving I thought is excellent. The CR-V is comfortable for road trips, the furthest mine went was about 350 miles Three of us went with no problem. I'd say four is max for passengers. I loved the trunk area. Double shelf was great for shopping. This car handled very well in the snow. I had no problems getting to where I was going all winter. I owned car for three years, the only time it was in the shop was for regular routine maintenance. We did have to put new tires, all four tires, at 36,000 miles. I enjoyed driving the CRV and would recommend to anyone. My mother in law is getting one for herself actually."

Awesome in the snow...but

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Great snow car, cheap maintenance, attractive"

Cons: "Dark inside, Noisy at highway speeds"

"EX-L 4WD Navigation Silver, black leather with all options. First the good; Like a billy goat in the snow, comfortable, attractive, holds it's value, astonishingly cheap to maintain at the dealer, decent MPG. Then the bad; Loud inside at highway speeds. A creaking sound in the dash or windshield that the dealer can't figure out, completely inadequate interior lighting; no kick-panel or glove box lighting, cheap carpet that can entwine itself around a pine needle and never let it go, poorly programmed transmission that shifts up too soon on acceleration then requires you to bury your foot deep for a downshift or manually shift down. Cruise control with counter-intuitive/awkward controls that doesn't hold it's speed if the smallest of inclines is encountered. Except for these things, perfect."