• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Honda CR-V

Based on 623 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

To the store and back

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "great price, drives perfect, one owner, low milage"

Cons: "??????"

"After my mother was in a head-on collision while driving her 2004 CRV and walked away with no-life threatening injuries, she decided the only car she ever wanted again was a CRV. She purchased this 2007 one year prior to retiring and since then it hasn't been driven much. With very few exceptions, she pretty much only drove it to church, shopping for groceries, to the doctor, and back home. The car has always been dealer serviced and has great tires and breaks. Never been in any major accidents. Comes with wheel locks, automatic start with alarm, and all weather mats."

Does the job with some class

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "drives well, cold A/C, no timeing belt, easy maint"

Cons: "drives like a car, small family focus"

"Those of you who are buying a CR-V are looking for it in as a tool - why do I want this car compared to others. There are a few ways to look at the 2010 CR-V, and one way that I commonly refer to is the "mommy car." I am not a mother, do not have kids, and do not use it to dive kids around. I feel there are a lot of features in this vehicle that would be great for a small family, but I use it for travel and for space. I used to own a 2007 Kia Sportage, but they had plastic parts in the engine that broke and ruptured the radiator and melted the wiring harness so I got the Honda for its reliability. It was a 100% step up. One of the features I wish the CR-V had that the Kia has are its completely fold-able back seats seats that lay flat and have a plastic back. The Kia had much more "trunk space," and as I used the vehicles to lug my bikes around across the state from race to race the room was great and much needed. Where the Honda stands out is its reliability (have not had any issues yet), and ability to be an affordable SUV that will last and make you feel like you are driving something awesome. The sound system is great, I really like the aux plug in being in the center console with an outlet to charge my phone. The car drives and responds really well on the road, plus it can handle most city hauling. I went to uhaul and installed a hitch to move from Arizona to California and had no problem pulling their mid sized trailer (I believe it was 5x6). The CR-V dives more like a car than a truck and the seats could be a little higher, but all in all it is a great vehicle. I haven't had any issues with mine for the 30k miles I put on it living in 3 states and having done two cross country trips from Cali to Florida and then to Texas. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants more space than a car, wants something that drives like a car, someone who has a small family, or someone who likes to be a little higher off the ground. I do not recommend this vehicle for someone who is interested in hauling big things or going off road (unless you get the AWD CR-V)."

Best value best quality and fun to drive

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "Great quality, value, styling and fun to drive."

Cons: "No premium engine options"

"Cute styling, options like metallic paint, leather and AWD MAKE THE CRV feel like a premium SUV. It's quick where I need it to be between 0-35mph. I've owned mine since new (2009) and have had no problems mechanically or electronically and zero defects."

under powered, under amenitied, but fine, reliable

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, handles well"

Cons: "underpowered, no variable windshield wipers"

"A fine, reliable performer. Underpowered, no variable windshield wiper, driver compartment a bit cramped, (I'm 6'1" & 250lbs) no temperature-outdoor,"

Best car to me.

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Absolutely perfect."

"The paint is perfect. Leather seats have no blemishes. So perfect."

See if you qualify for