2008 Honda CR-V

Based on 697 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

My first CRV-4x4 EXL White

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"Bought my CRV last month, wow, I feel like a queen !!! Everything is just want I wanted. I was looking at a Nissan Rogue, glad I didn't buy it, hubby.s head was hitting the roof liner. Had an ice storm a few weeks ago and had no problem driving on the roads, but I do have the 4 WD. Panel lights blue, very cool. Every thing on the dash lights blue, radio and air controls. Controls on the wheel, stereo and cruse controls light up and door panel for windows and door locks light up which is so nice. Moon roof lets in a lot of light if panel is open, great on a dark day. Milage has been good, about 25 to 28 hwy driving. The leather is soft and a really nice feel and the arm rests are at the right height. My car insurance went down...can you believe that !! I went from a Toyota 2001 Echo, which is a baby car to the CRV and my car insurance went down because of all of the safety features, that really made me happy !! Just drive the CRV and see for yourself if it fits your family. I was going to drive a Toyota Rava, but I don't like the way the hatch opens, with a swing door I think it would be in the way. What ever you buy, just sit in the CRV and try it, you may like it."

Saved our Lives

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Better on gas then equivalent models and very safe"

Cons: "Lag in initial start from stop position."

"Safest vehicle to be in when T-boned. Saved my families lives and came out with no hospitalization even though the vehicle was totalled. Excellent value on gas. Getting another CRV as soon as settlement comes in."

Most reliable vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage, cheap to maintain, comfortible to"

Cons: "NONE, USE Honda only parts no aftermarket."

"Never has had any unexpected maintence. Just oil changes, set of tires change, brake pads changed and wiper blade changes. Vehicle has never needed any other maintence. Paint holding up exceptionally well car sits outside in the weather at all times. No rust, or oxidizing any where on body or under carrige. Granted this car is driven safely with no youth drivers. Best car I ever owned. Have made numerous long distance drives with no leg or back fatigue proplems. Roomy interior too converts to carry 5 average adults or seats all fold down for long/large items to be carried."

Solid

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"After driving Civics for years upsized to the CRV for the safety features and ability to load larger items. Also, the 6'3" 16 year old fits better! The original tires had to be replaced after 18 months, apparently I didn't rotate them often enough. We could do without the CD changer as we have XM and I'd gladly exchange the bulky console for space between the seats. The seats fold nicely but could be improved if the floor surface was flat when seats are out of the way. Still, it's a great car getting 26-27 mpg on the highway (only 19-22 around town). You can't beat the reliability of a Honda and people who ride with me are impressed with the style, comfort and pick up of the 4cyl. Gotta love the Nav system too! That was really important to me at the time of purchase and it has paid for itself on a number of major road trips."

Great gas mileage, nice riding

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Reason: Lease was up

Pros: "Reliable, great gas mileage, great trunk"

"My in town gas mileage average was 26.4 miles a gallon. I only work about 5miles from my job so I wasn't on highway much. The gas mileage for in town driving I thought is excellent. The CR-V is comfortable for road trips, the furthest mine went was about 350 miles Three of us went with no problem. I'd say four is max for passengers. I loved the trunk area. Double shelf was great for shopping. This car handled very well in the snow. I had no problems getting to where I was going all winter. I owned car for three years, the only time it was in the shop was for regular routine maintenance. We did have to put new tires, all four tires, at 36,000 miles. I enjoyed driving the CRV and would recommend to anyone. My mother in law is getting one for herself actually."

Convert from Toyota

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"Previously owned a Toyota Camry. Unfortunately, it was totaled in an accident and I went looking for a new car. I had been wanting a Toyota Rav4 and took this opportunity to look at them. My dad suggested that I at least try the Honda CR-V. I am so glad that I listened to him. The CR-V blows the Rav4 out of the water. The interior on the CR-V is very roomy, whereas the Rav4 was small and cramped. The CR-V rides a lot smoother than the Rav4, especially over speed bumps and bumpy roads. The price of the CR-V was a couple of thousand dollars cheaper than the Rav4. But the point that proved to be the ultimate decision maker...the safety rating. I love my CR-V and would definitely recommend it to anyone considering a compact SUV."

Nice car

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I traded my 05 Chev. Tahoe in on the 07 4X4 CR-V. The transition was hard at first. Due to the Tahoe having many extra features. But, when said and done the CR-V has been the best for me. I only drive 5 miles a day to work. I average about 20 mpg which is great for me in town compared to 12 mpg in the Tahoe. (Since gas was 4.00 a gallon!) I am only 5 feet tall I feel very comfortable driving,parking the CR-V. My only MAJOR complaints are the seats need more padding and I wish they had Auto on/off lights. Where you open the doors the paint scratches easily from your fingernails. I tried to get some handle covers but they don't make them yet. Other than that I really like my CR-V. I like driving it. I can park it anyplace I want to. It doesn't really have any blind spots when backing up. It's just a really nice little car. I put a few extras on it when I purchased it like the rain guards,sun visor, and a back window spoiler. Looks really sharp. Have not seen any like mine yet! Maybe by the time I go to trade again they will have improved my complaints!"

squeak box

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The motor is ok. It only has 50000 miles on it. It has had a squeak since it was almost new. it is the door to roof squeaking against each other. I believe it is not made strong enough. The dealer stops the squeak and 2 days later it is back again. It is also small inside and not comfortable. After tax and a 100000 mile warranty, because it has a low warranty, we paid 30000 dollars for this thing and it is not worth it in my eyes."

After One Year...

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"of ownership, my wife and I still love the CR-V. No major problems. There was a service bulletin on the rear diff, but the dealer took care of it free of charge. Fuel mileage (90% City) averages about 23-24MPG. Highway driving at 55MPH has been about 29-30MPG. Highway driving at 75MPH gets about 23MPG. My only qualm would be power. The 4 cylinder is peppy, but I'd prefer a little more power. The ride quality is good, but there is a lot of road noise (esp. in the back seat) when driving over rough roads. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning. Overall, the CR-V has been everything that we expected it to be."

Love this vehicle. Spacious, lots of cargo room,

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room"

Cons: "Only 5 passenger seating"

"Im needing more passenger seating. Sad to see this vehicle go. Handles great on ice and in snow. Plenty of power. Enough cargo space for my adventures. Gas mileage is amazing. Love the navigation system."