2008 Honda CR-V

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Convert from Toyota

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"Previously owned a Toyota Camry. Unfortunately, it was totaled in an accident and I went looking for a new car. I had been wanting a Toyota Rav4 and took this opportunity to look at them. My dad suggested that I at least try the Honda CR-V. I am so glad that I listened to him. The CR-V blows the Rav4 out of the water. The interior on the CR-V is very roomy, whereas the Rav4 was small and cramped. The CR-V rides a lot smoother than the Rav4, especially over speed bumps and bumpy roads. The price of the CR-V was a couple of thousand dollars cheaper than the Rav4. But the point that proved to be the ultimate decision maker...the safety rating. I love my CR-V and would definitely recommend it to anyone considering a compact SUV."

Nice car

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I traded my 05 Chev. Tahoe in on the 07 4X4 CR-V. The transition was hard at first. Due to the Tahoe having many extra features. But, when said and done the CR-V has been the best for me. I only drive 5 miles a day to work. I average about 20 mpg which is great for me in town compared to 12 mpg in the Tahoe. (Since gas was 4.00 a gallon!) I am only 5 feet tall I feel very comfortable driving,parking the CR-V. My only MAJOR complaints are the seats need more padding and I wish they had Auto on/off lights. Where you open the doors the paint scratches easily from your fingernails. I tried to get some handle covers but they don't make them yet. Other than that I really like my CR-V. I like driving it. I can park it anyplace I want to. It doesn't really have any blind spots when backing up. It's just a really nice little car. I put a few extras on it when I purchased it like the rain guards,sun visor, and a back window spoiler. Looks really sharp. Have not seen any like mine yet! Maybe by the time I go to trade again they will have improved my complaints!"

Love this vehicle. Spacious, lots of cargo room,

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room"

Cons: "Only 5 passenger seating"

"Im needing more passenger seating. Sad to see this vehicle go. Handles great on ice and in snow. Plenty of power. Enough cargo space for my adventures. Gas mileage is amazing. Love the navigation system."

Practically perfect in every way

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, cargo & seating space, sound"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I currently lease this car and would definitely buy it off the lease if I hadn't currently run into financial hardship. I love EVERYTHING about this car except: The gas mileage. It doesn't even get too bad of mileage but I went from a civic to a CR-V and my mileage was cut by about 1/3. It averages out to between 23-25 miles per gallon. There is even a gauge in the car that tells you exactly what you're getting. I do an equal mix of both highway and city driving and with gas prices as they are, I have to fill up at least once a week."

Way more than I expected

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I have leased 2 Lexus, a BMW and a Cadillac (junk mobile). Because of my miles, I could no longer lease. I needed a car that costs less than $30,000. After months of research I decided on a Crosstour. That ended up being too expensive. My fall back position was the CRV EX leather with nav. I made my best deal and got my color (urban titanium). I can't believe how nice this vehicle is! It does everything well. Handles nice, plenty of power, awesome gas mileage (31 highway). Very nice interior, super sound system, perfect fit and finish. Small enough to fit everywhere and big enough to fit cargo and passengers. I enjoy driving it as much as all the $50,000 cars of the past. So many features make sense that I can't list them all. It has the best nav system I have ever had. If it holds up it will be the best car I have ever owned. Considering honda's reputaion, I have no reason to believe it will be a problem. Now I know why they sell so many of these. I am not a guy that cares much about performance so the 4cyl is just fine. The ride is soft but not mushy and firm but not stiff. The seats are very comfortable and the drivers seat adjusts well. It is not flashy but it is very pracical. I never ever thought I could find a car for $27,800 that was this nice. I love it!"