2008 Honda CR-V

Based on 679 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

Love this CRV

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"This is our first Honda. After checking out the Rav4 we picked the CRV because we felt there was more bang for the buck. Love the dashboard electronics, multiple trip Odometers etc. I am kind of a geek when it comes to the technical features and this one is full of great stuff. With good tires it is great in the snow. We would buy another one. Combined MPG is 24-26 consistantly."

Gets 27 MPG, happy with CRV overall

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Purchased the CR-V in 2007, so 2 years ago. Positives are 27 MPG on mostly highway driving, radio incl XM, leather heated seats on EX. Only two key drawbacks are rear visibility (difficult to know where car is while backing up), and hard, harsh ride over N.J. potholed roads. Folding up the rear seats into an enomous trunk is a snap. Overall, I would buy this car again."

Great Honda

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"We have owned Hondas since 1979. We love the new body style and the 17" wheels to be able to view traffic more safely. We cannot understand the problems with mileage that has been reported. We have owned our CRV for 18 months, have driven it over 22,000 miles, during which we have averaged about 25mpg. We have taken 2 trips of about 1,500 miles each, which included significant mountain driving, and the rest of the miles have generally been "in town". We have been very impressed with the tire pressure monitoring which I believe will save many $ in tire replacement. The monitoring is very accurate and reliable. This is a perfect vehicle for a couple. The back seat clearance is "skimpy.""

don't beleive the mileage

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"this vehicle is nice but could use some more comfortable seating. also gas mileage is actually better on an old country road. If your hitting the interstate expect about 26 mpg. I can get 29 mpg on a regular road going 55 mph."

best small suv

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"i was suprised by the get up and go on this car espicaily for a 4 cyl suv. I was very surprised the day after i got it the road was wet and i was merging in a hurry and something i thought would be underpowered was doing a fwd burnout. the only thing i regret is not getting the 4wd modle now that im going through snow on a daily basis."

great suv with mpg

By on Saturday, May 10, 2008

"This vehicle is a fantastic value. Great gas mileage for a 4WD. Ride is a little choppy but to be expected with 4WD and short wheel base. Roomier than you would think. Tremendously reliable (a Honda of course) with all the amentities you need. Have owned 4 other SUV's and this one gets 5 stars for reliability and performance. Plenty of spunk. Never a problem in snowy conditions. You won't be disappointed with this vehicle. If you want an SUV that delivers mileage. quality and room, this is the one."

I love this car

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"I traded in y Big Dodge truck, and bought the Honda CR-V. I love everything about this suv. Drives easy, parks easy, and I pass a lot of gas stations. My wife has a 2007 Toyota Camry. She loves driving my CR-V. I would absolutely recommend this Honda to anyone. I get 23 MPG around town."

Awesome!

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"I bought my CRV in 2006, a brand new 2007 EX. I wish I had choseen the fully loaded one, because it seems to be the perfect SUV for me, I wouldnt trade it for any other SUV. Love it! Just could use a little bit more power, but great in general!"

Green Tea CR-V for Me!

By on Saturday, June 09, 2007

"I just got my new 2007 CR-V and I am in love with it - is there a better car out there?! My husband took it out today for the first time (I was the only test-driver since it was my car) to run an errand and called me while he was out saying he needed to run a few more because the car was so fun to drive! It looks great, feels great, it's surprisingly spacious, and I couldn't be happier. Great job, Honda!"

Love my CRV!

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, comfortable, easy to drive"

Cons: "hatchback-road noise"

"I love my CRV. There are only two things that I dislike about it. One is the way the hatchback opens, because if it is raining or snowing, roads are wet, etc. water drips down on you. You have to stand back and wait for the dripping to stop before getting in the back. And there is a lot of road noise. Maybe the new 2013 style addresses the hatchback drip issues."

More vehicle than I had hoped. 28mpg!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Paid $21k new with alarm & remote start."

Cons: "Seats are uncomfortable."

"More vehicle than I had hoped. Averaging 28mpg with mostly city driving. Handles great! Not the most comfortable seating. Treat it like a small pick up truck on occasion."

A good little SUV

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun and peppy"

Cons: "AC and/or weight drags down the mpg"

"I really like me CRV. It handles well and has good pick up. The only thing I don't like is how the gas mileage drops when I haul anything in the back or use the A/C."

Excellent car

By on Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pros: "Good size for everyday."

Cons: "It would be helpful if you could remove the back seats."

"We own two of these cars. They are great. We have found them reliable and convenient. I owned minivans before this and at first the adjustment to a smaller vehicle was difficult. Now, I love the size. They are good on gas too."

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"I love my CR-V. My only complaint is that it doesn't get as good of gas mileage as it claims. I'm lucky if I average out to 18mpg with a mix of highway driving, but mostly city/in town driving. Also, when I calculate my mpg myself, it always is lower than what the display says."

I'm Happy

By on Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Just got the car 10 days ago. Have 650 miles on it, including a trip of 450. No problems to speak of with the possible exception of the seats being not that comfortable for long trips. They are fine around town, but could use some more padding. I'm 6 ft., 220 lbs., and I fit well. Maybe if you are 120-180 lbs. the seats will be fine for you. Power around town and on the highway is fine. Manueverability, steering and braking are great. Build quality is excellent. I have been averaging just 19 mpg around crowded suburbs, but averaged 26-27 on my trip and that trip included a lot of driving at 70-80 mph and a few bursts up to 90 mph."

Like it.

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Had this vehicle for 3 yrs. No major problems. Rear differential fluid does need to be replaced every 15k or grinding/rubbing sound is made on turns. Great on gas and dependable. Stylish but the seats aren't very comfortable for long trips. Ideal for a family of four. Great in the winter on icy roads. It doesn't have the most get up and go but pretty good for a 4-cylinder."

Nice car, disappointing MPG

By on Saturday, May 16, 2009

"Traded in an 06 Odyssey in 12/08 for smaller vehicle with better gas mileage. Sad to say, I am getting the same mileage as the 6 cyl minivan - approx 18 city/24 hwy (avg 21 mixed). Not sure what the issue is - Honda says there isn't one. BTW - NOT an aggressive driver. Could it be the AWD? Unsure. Otherwise, it's a very nice vehicle - good cargo space and easy to drive."

First Honda 2008 CRV EX AWD

By on Thursday, May 07, 2009

"Pros- 15k mi no problems, gas milage as advertised (28mpg with cruise), runs smooth, looks great. Cons- shifts awkwardly when going up hills, not enough power, If you have more than one kid go bigger. We would buy another honda in a heartbeat!"

Better than anticipated.....

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"I have had my CR-V for just under a year now. I have taken it on 3 long distance drives (over 7 hours each) and never once had an issue with comfort. I have a "sensitive" back from 20+ years in the military and I can say this is the first time I have been pain free on a long trip. The lumbar support and heated seats gave me a great feeling in my lower back for the entire ride. I can also say that every trip in town and back (approx 25 mins one way) has been an absolute delight due to my navi system getting me to new places without an issue and the voice prompt controls for the radio etc, allowing me to keep my eyes on the road and other cars. No, my CR-V is not a hot looking street car but, it is so impressive that my 20 year old (who is always about the "hot" cars) is now wanting to buy one for herself. She has been so impressed with its handling and features that she is converting. Now that says alot!!"

Happy With Purchase

By on Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Have not had a problem with it. I get 30-32 mpg on highway trips (+100 miles each way) by setting the cruise control at 60 MPH. It is slightly underpowered but, more power would equate to less gas mileage so I am willing to compromise. No complaints."

Happy to Drive my 08 CRV

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I bought my new 2008 Honda CRV at end of August. It is a fun to drive, large enough for outings and small enough for handling on Road. AWD feature is really great. Interior with leather looks awsome. It gives the luxury touch to the car. Navigation system asks for couple thousand extra, so I dropped the plan. But satellite radio and 6 disc CD changer with MP3 and AUX input provides enough for entertainment. I love getting into the car again and again. I have driven more than 5000 miles in little over 3 months."

Love It!

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"This is our 2nd CR-V and the 5th Honda we've owned. I previously drove a 2003 Pilot which I handed off to my husband & I bought the new EXL with Navigation & leather. I love this little CR-V. The navi. system is awesome! The only disappointment is in the gas mileage. I only have 5000 miles on it, and the most I've gotten is 22 mpg. Overall a great vehicle."

Watch Mileage

By on Friday, May 09, 2008

"2007 with navigation. Have car exactly one year and 8750 miles. Overall good car but gentle driving can't get over 17 MPG. On 1000 mile trip got over 23 MPG on cruise control. Will trade for Toyota Camry Hybrid or Prius as gas approaches $4.00 -$5.00. Am 6' tall and 225 and would prefer power seat to find comfortable spot. Ride is adequate but absolutely great in ice and snow. No maintenance required except oil changes."

08 Honda CR-V EXL

By on Monday, May 05, 2008

"While shopping for a new vehicle I looked at the Toyota Rav4, Nissan Rouge, Chev Equanox and more. I fell in love with the CRV the first time I drove it. My husband was not so sure as it only has a 4 cyl engine. We drove it a 2nd time and he was hooked as well. He thought it had enough power. We traded in a crew cab pickup so I wanted a suv with some milage. That is just what I got. On average back and forth to work some city and some hwy driving I get about 23.5 MPG. On the HWY I have gotten as much as 28MPG. I love almost everything about the CUV. I wish it had auto headlights. I also think that the EXL should come standered with fog lights. I would purchase this vehicle again in a heartbeat. I get excited everytime I get in to drive it. It is also a very comfortable height to get my daughter into and out of her car seat. I love my CR-V!!!"

07 cr-v

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2008

"We were trying to decide between the rav 4 and the cr-v. after many drives and much research, vehicles were nearly identical. i liked having the option for the v-6 in the rav4 but liked the styling and better resale on the honda. great vehicle for college kid, young couple, small family, older couple. I like having the ipod jack, and the interior design is nice, looks better than most other small suv's for low 20k. Interior space is what you'd expect for small SUV, i put the back seats seats down and fit can fit my bikes and camping gear in back. The only negatives that we knew we were getting when purchasing is lack of power and subpar gas mileage even with a light foot (20mpg city). We've only had it for one year, but based on that experience i would recommend."