2008 Honda CR-V

Based on 679 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

My first CRV-4x4 EXL White

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"Bought my CRV last month, wow, I feel like a queen !!! Everything is just want I wanted. I was looking at a Nissan Rogue, glad I didn't buy it, hubby.s head was hitting the roof liner. Had an ice storm a few weeks ago and had no problem driving on the roads, but I do have the 4 WD. Panel lights blue, very cool. Every thing on the dash lights blue, radio and air controls. Controls on the wheel, stereo and cruse controls light up and door panel for windows and door locks light up which is so nice. Moon roof lets in a lot of light if panel is open, great on a dark day. Milage has been good, about 25 to 28 hwy driving. The leather is soft and a really nice feel and the arm rests are at the right height. My car insurance went down...can you believe that !! I went from a Toyota 2001 Echo, which is a baby car to the CRV and my car insurance went down because of all of the safety features, that really made me happy !! Just drive the CRV and see for yourself if it fits your family. I was going to drive a Toyota Rava, but I don't like the way the hatch opens, with a swing door I think it would be in the way. What ever you buy, just sit in the CRV and try it, you may like it."

Saved our Lives

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Better on gas then equivalent models and very safe"

Cons: "Lag in initial start from stop position."

"Safest vehicle to be in when T-boned. Saved my families lives and came out with no hospitalization even though the vehicle was totalled. Excellent value on gas. Getting another CRV as soon as settlement comes in."

Solid

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"After driving Civics for years upsized to the CRV for the safety features and ability to load larger items. Also, the 6'3" 16 year old fits better! The original tires had to be replaced after 18 months, apparently I didn't rotate them often enough. We could do without the CD changer as we have XM and I'd gladly exchange the bulky console for space between the seats. The seats fold nicely but could be improved if the floor surface was flat when seats are out of the way. Still, it's a great car getting 26-27 mpg on the highway (only 19-22 around town). You can't beat the reliability of a Honda and people who ride with me are impressed with the style, comfort and pick up of the 4cyl. Gotta love the Nav system too! That was really important to me at the time of purchase and it has paid for itself on a number of major road trips."

Awesome in the snow...but

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Great snow car, cheap maintenance, attractive"

Cons: "Dark inside, Noisy at highway speeds"

"EX-L 4WD Navigation Silver, black leather with all options. First the good; Like a billy goat in the snow, comfortable, attractive, holds it's value, astonishingly cheap to maintain at the dealer, decent MPG. Then the bad; Loud inside at highway speeds. A creaking sound in the dash or windshield that the dealer can't figure out, completely inadequate interior lighting; no kick-panel or glove box lighting, cheap carpet that can entwine itself around a pine needle and never let it go, poorly programmed transmission that shifts up too soon on acceleration then requires you to bury your foot deep for a downshift or manually shift down. Cruise control with counter-intuitive/awkward controls that doesn't hold it's speed if the smallest of inclines is encountered. Except for these things, perfect."

This car saved my life!!!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"The Honda 2007 CRV saved my life! We had the CRV about six months when a 3/4 ton super duty truck ran a red light and broadside our vehicle. He was going at least 50+. ( on a cell phone!) The main impact was my drivers door. Amazingly I only had minor injuries, my kids, 6 and 4 in the backseat had NONE!!! The fire paramedics couldn't believe how well our vehicle held up!! And they should know.They wanted to know what it was. I wouldn't have done so well in my old Camry I had before!!! I might be dead. Side Impact air bags are the best!! I brought the CRV because of the safety rating, ( Insurance Institute for Highway safety) Loved it before , love it more now. I now have a 2008 CRV ( 2007 was totaled). Best car Ever!! Love the look ,the way it drives and Of course its safety rating!! Thank God for Honda, because my kids still have their Mother!!! This is the small SUV to buy!!"