2007 Honda CR-V

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

My first CRV-4x4 EXL White

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"Bought my CRV last month, wow, I feel like a queen !!! Everything is just want I wanted. I was looking at a Nissan Rogue, glad I didn't buy it, hubby.s head was hitting the roof liner. Had an ice storm a few weeks ago and had no problem driving on the roads, but I do have the 4 WD. Panel lights blue, very cool. Every thing on the dash lights blue, radio and air controls. Controls on the wheel, stereo and cruse controls light up and door panel for windows and door locks light up which is so nice. Moon roof lets in a lot of light if panel is open, great on a dark day. Milage has been good, about 25 to 28 hwy driving. The leather is soft and a really nice feel and the arm rests are at the right height. My car insurance went down...can you believe that !! I went from a Toyota 2001 Echo, which is a baby car to the CRV and my car insurance went down because of all of the safety features, that really made me happy !! Just drive the CRV and see for yourself if it fits your family. I was going to drive a Toyota Rava, but I don't like the way the hatch opens, with a swing door I think it would be in the way. What ever you buy, just sit in the CRV and try it, you may like it."

Saved our Lives

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Better on gas then equivalent models and very safe"

Cons: "Lag in initial start from stop position."

"Safest vehicle to be in when T-boned. Saved my families lives and came out with no hospitalization even though the vehicle was totalled. Excellent value on gas. Getting another CRV as soon as settlement comes in."

Awful!

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Bought this car because I wanted an AWD with a roof rack with great gas mileage for all of my ski trips through VT, NH, and ME. This vehicle was downright awful. The gas mileage was poor, in comparison my Jeep Grand Cherokee it is only about 3mpg more on a road trip and much less powerful, The engine is significantly underpowered, Hence why the Rav4 comes with a small V6. The suspension was a little soft for an suv, with my bike rack attatched to a trailer hitch the car sagged worse than my corolla and it looked like I was going to pop a wheelie! The road noise was comparable to driving a convertible, with or without the roof rack, and I needed an alignment frequently. Finally I just stopped aligning the car and ran the tires to the wires, that was under 36k miles. As far as the seating goes while the front seating was not great it wasn't bad either just average, but the back seat was too narrow for 3 passengers and my 6yr old who uses a standard booster seat, had difficulty because the booster seat did not fit between the seat belt buckles, unless the booster was crooked in the rear seat the buckle could not be reached. So I believe any review that is totally negative usually is someone venting so I will say what I liked as well. The car had numerous cupholders which I love! The middle rear seat folding down and being like a table for my daughter was great, the numerous small storage compartments and fold away center console in the front are all things that made this car user friendly. rear storage was great I packed the car to the gills when I moved and it just opens wide up like a van. As far as handling goes it stuck to the road in a VT ice storm in December when they closed roads like glue. Overall I would hav preferred the Rav4 for performance but the CRV had it beat in appearance. If they would offer a small V6, eliminate the road noise, stiffen the suspension, widen the rear seat, and fix whatever was ailing the alignment issues I would consider buying again, but if they did all of that it would be a totally different vehicle."

Solid Vehicle

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"Checked all the competitors, Rav4, Rogue, Tiquan, Mazda, etc. None came close to the overall quality and function of this vehicle. Also, dealers are discounting well below invoice at this time. With sales tax incentive, quality of vehicle and discount, couldn't wait any longer. Would recommed this vehicle to anyone without hesitation."

Love the CR-v, HATE the tires!

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Nice size & all round function"

Cons: "Cont. Tires!!"

"Like many past CR-v owners, we hate the Continental Contact OEM tires. There have been complaints about these tires on many makes of vehicles especially CR-v. Honda is aware if it and so are the dealers. Service depts say we will be lucky to get 20k on the tires IF we keep them balanced and prevent cupping, "which you can't.""

Solid

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"After driving Civics for years upsized to the CRV for the safety features and ability to load larger items. Also, the 6'3" 16 year old fits better! The original tires had to be replaced after 18 months, apparently I didn't rotate them often enough. We could do without the CD changer as we have XM and I'd gladly exchange the bulky console for space between the seats. The seats fold nicely but could be improved if the floor surface was flat when seats are out of the way. Still, it's a great car getting 26-27 mpg on the highway (only 19-22 around town). You can't beat the reliability of a Honda and people who ride with me are impressed with the style, comfort and pick up of the 4cyl. Gotta love the Nav system too! That was really important to me at the time of purchase and it has paid for itself on a number of major road trips."

This car saved my life!!!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"The Honda 2007 CRV saved my life! We had the CRV about six months when a 3/4 ton super duty truck ran a red light and broadside our vehicle. He was going at least 50+. ( on a cell phone!) The main impact was my drivers door. Amazingly I only had minor injuries, my kids, 6 and 4 in the backseat had NONE!!! The fire paramedics couldn't believe how well our vehicle held up!! And they should know.They wanted to know what it was. I wouldn't have done so well in my old Camry I had before!!! I might be dead. Side Impact air bags are the best!! I brought the CRV because of the safety rating, ( Insurance Institute for Highway safety) Loved it before , love it more now. I now have a 2008 CRV ( 2007 was totaled). Best car Ever!! Love the look ,the way it drives and Of course its safety rating!! Thank God for Honda, because my kids still have their Mother!!! This is the small SUV to buy!!"

Most reliable vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage, cheap to maintain, comfortible to"

Cons: "NONE, USE Honda only parts no aftermarket."

"Never has had any unexpected maintence. Just oil changes, set of tires change, brake pads changed and wiper blade changes. Vehicle has never needed any other maintence. Paint holding up exceptionally well car sits outside in the weather at all times. No rust, or oxidizing any where on body or under carrige. Granted this car is driven safely with no youth drivers. Best car I ever owned. Have made numerous long distance drives with no leg or back fatigue proplems. Roomy interior too converts to carry 5 average adults or seats all fold down for long/large items to be carried."

Great gas mileage, nice riding

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Reason: Lease was up

Pros: "Reliable, great gas mileage, great trunk"

"My in town gas mileage average was 26.4 miles a gallon. I only work about 5miles from my job so I wasn't on highway much. The gas mileage for in town driving I thought is excellent. The CR-V is comfortable for road trips, the furthest mine went was about 350 miles Three of us went with no problem. I'd say four is max for passengers. I loved the trunk area. Double shelf was great for shopping. This car handled very well in the snow. I had no problems getting to where I was going all winter. I owned car for three years, the only time it was in the shop was for regular routine maintenance. We did have to put new tires, all four tires, at 36,000 miles. I enjoyed driving the CRV and would recommend to anyone. My mother in law is getting one for herself actually."

Awesome in the snow...but

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Great snow car, cheap maintenance, attractive"

Cons: "Dark inside, Noisy at highway speeds"

"EX-L 4WD Navigation Silver, black leather with all options. First the good; Like a billy goat in the snow, comfortable, attractive, holds it's value, astonishingly cheap to maintain at the dealer, decent MPG. Then the bad; Loud inside at highway speeds. A creaking sound in the dash or windshield that the dealer can't figure out, completely inadequate interior lighting; no kick-panel or glove box lighting, cheap carpet that can entwine itself around a pine needle and never let it go, poorly programmed transmission that shifts up too soon on acceleration then requires you to bury your foot deep for a downshift or manually shift down. Cruise control with counter-intuitive/awkward controls that doesn't hold it's speed if the smallest of inclines is encountered. Except for these things, perfect."