2007 Honda CR-V

Based on 673 Ratings for the 2007 - 2011 models.

My first CRV-4x4 EXL White

By on Friday, February 13, 2009

"Bought my CRV last month, wow, I feel like a queen !!! Everything is just want I wanted. I was looking at a Nissan Rogue, glad I didn't buy it, hubby.s head was hitting the roof liner. Had an ice storm a few weeks ago and had no problem driving on the roads, but I do have the 4 WD. Panel lights blue, very cool. Every thing on the dash lights blue, radio and air controls. Controls on the wheel, stereo and cruse controls light up and door panel for windows and door locks light up which is so nice. Moon roof lets in a lot of light if panel is open, great on a dark day. Milage has been good, about 25 to 28 hwy driving. The leather is soft and a really nice feel and the arm rests are at the right height. My car insurance went down...can you believe that !! I went from a Toyota 2001 Echo, which is a baby car to the CRV and my car insurance went down because of all of the safety features, that really made me happy !! Just drive the CRV and see for yourself if it fits your family. I was going to drive a Toyota Rava, but I don't like the way the hatch opens, with a swing door I think it would be in the way. What ever you buy, just sit in the CRV and try it, you may like it."

Saved our Lives

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Better on gas then equivalent models and very safe"

Cons: "Lag in initial start from stop position."

"Safest vehicle to be in when T-boned. Saved my families lives and came out with no hospitalization even though the vehicle was totalled. Excellent value on gas. Getting another CRV as soon as settlement comes in."

Awful!

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Bought this car because I wanted an AWD with a roof rack with great gas mileage for all of my ski trips through VT, NH, and ME. This vehicle was downright awful. The gas mileage was poor, in comparison my Jeep Grand Cherokee it is only about 3mpg more on a road trip and much less powerful, The engine is significantly underpowered, Hence why the Rav4 comes with a small V6. The suspension was a little soft for an suv, with my bike rack attatched to a trailer hitch the car sagged worse than my corolla and it looked like I was going to pop a wheelie! The road noise was comparable to driving a convertible, with or without the roof rack, and I needed an alignment frequently. Finally I just stopped aligning the car and ran the tires to the wires, that was under 36k miles. As far as the seating goes while the front seating was not great it wasn't bad either just average, but the back seat was too narrow for 3 passengers and my 6yr old who uses a standard booster seat, had difficulty because the booster seat did not fit between the seat belt buckles, unless the booster was crooked in the rear seat the buckle could not be reached. So I believe any review that is totally negative usually is someone venting so I will say what I liked as well. The car had numerous cupholders which I love! The middle rear seat folding down and being like a table for my daughter was great, the numerous small storage compartments and fold away center console in the front are all things that made this car user friendly. rear storage was great I packed the car to the gills when I moved and it just opens wide up like a van. As far as handling goes it stuck to the road in a VT ice storm in December when they closed roads like glue. Overall I would hav preferred the Rav4 for performance but the CRV had it beat in appearance. If they would offer a small V6, eliminate the road noise, stiffen the suspension, widen the rear seat, and fix whatever was ailing the alignment issues I would consider buying again, but if they did all of that it would be a totally different vehicle."

Solid Vehicle

By on Monday, March 30, 2009

"Checked all the competitors, Rav4, Rogue, Tiquan, Mazda, etc. None came close to the overall quality and function of this vehicle. Also, dealers are discounting well below invoice at this time. With sales tax incentive, quality of vehicle and discount, couldn't wait any longer. Would recommed this vehicle to anyone without hesitation."

Love the CR-v, HATE the tires!

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Nice size & all round function"

Cons: "Cont. Tires!!"

"Like many past CR-v owners, we hate the Continental Contact OEM tires. There have been complaints about these tires on many makes of vehicles especially CR-v. Honda is aware if it and so are the dealers. Service depts say we will be lucky to get 20k on the tires IF we keep them balanced and prevent cupping, "which you can't.""

Solid

By on Sunday, August 02, 2009

"After driving Civics for years upsized to the CRV for the safety features and ability to load larger items. Also, the 6'3" 16 year old fits better! The original tires had to be replaced after 18 months, apparently I didn't rotate them often enough. We could do without the CD changer as we have XM and I'd gladly exchange the bulky console for space between the seats. The seats fold nicely but could be improved if the floor surface was flat when seats are out of the way. Still, it's a great car getting 26-27 mpg on the highway (only 19-22 around town). You can't beat the reliability of a Honda and people who ride with me are impressed with the style, comfort and pick up of the 4cyl. Gotta love the Nav system too! That was really important to me at the time of purchase and it has paid for itself on a number of major road trips."

This car saved my life!!!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"The Honda 2007 CRV saved my life! We had the CRV about six months when a 3/4 ton super duty truck ran a red light and broadside our vehicle. He was going at least 50+. ( on a cell phone!) The main impact was my drivers door. Amazingly I only had minor injuries, my kids, 6 and 4 in the backseat had NONE!!! The fire paramedics couldn't believe how well our vehicle held up!! And they should know.They wanted to know what it was. I wouldn't have done so well in my old Camry I had before!!! I might be dead. Side Impact air bags are the best!! I brought the CRV because of the safety rating, ( Insurance Institute for Highway safety) Loved it before , love it more now. I now have a 2008 CRV ( 2007 was totaled). Best car Ever!! Love the look ,the way it drives and Of course its safety rating!! Thank God for Honda, because my kids still have their Mother!!! This is the small SUV to buy!!"

Most reliable vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage, cheap to maintain, comfortible to"

Cons: "NONE, USE Honda only parts no aftermarket."

"Never has had any unexpected maintence. Just oil changes, set of tires change, brake pads changed and wiper blade changes. Vehicle has never needed any other maintence. Paint holding up exceptionally well car sits outside in the weather at all times. No rust, or oxidizing any where on body or under carrige. Granted this car is driven safely with no youth drivers. Best car I ever owned. Have made numerous long distance drives with no leg or back fatigue proplems. Roomy interior too converts to carry 5 average adults or seats all fold down for long/large items to be carried."

Great gas mileage, nice riding

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Reason: Lease was up

Pros: "Reliable, great gas mileage, great trunk"

"My in town gas mileage average was 26.4 miles a gallon. I only work about 5miles from my job so I wasn't on highway much. The gas mileage for in town driving I thought is excellent. The CR-V is comfortable for road trips, the furthest mine went was about 350 miles Three of us went with no problem. I'd say four is max for passengers. I loved the trunk area. Double shelf was great for shopping. This car handled very well in the snow. I had no problems getting to where I was going all winter. I owned car for three years, the only time it was in the shop was for regular routine maintenance. We did have to put new tires, all four tires, at 36,000 miles. I enjoyed driving the CRV and would recommend to anyone. My mother in law is getting one for herself actually."

Awesome in the snow...but

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Great snow car, cheap maintenance, attractive"

Cons: "Dark inside, Noisy at highway speeds"

"EX-L 4WD Navigation Silver, black leather with all options. First the good; Like a billy goat in the snow, comfortable, attractive, holds it's value, astonishingly cheap to maintain at the dealer, decent MPG. Then the bad; Loud inside at highway speeds. A creaking sound in the dash or windshield that the dealer can't figure out, completely inadequate interior lighting; no kick-panel or glove box lighting, cheap carpet that can entwine itself around a pine needle and never let it go, poorly programmed transmission that shifts up too soon on acceleration then requires you to bury your foot deep for a downshift or manually shift down. Cruise control with counter-intuitive/awkward controls that doesn't hold it's speed if the smallest of inclines is encountered. Except for these things, perfect."

Convert from Toyota

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"Previously owned a Toyota Camry. Unfortunately, it was totaled in an accident and I went looking for a new car. I had been wanting a Toyota Rav4 and took this opportunity to look at them. My dad suggested that I at least try the Honda CR-V. I am so glad that I listened to him. The CR-V blows the Rav4 out of the water. The interior on the CR-V is very roomy, whereas the Rav4 was small and cramped. The CR-V rides a lot smoother than the Rav4, especially over speed bumps and bumpy roads. The price of the CR-V was a couple of thousand dollars cheaper than the Rav4. But the point that proved to be the ultimate decision maker...the safety rating. I love my CR-V and would definitely recommend it to anyone considering a compact SUV."

Nice car

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I traded my 05 Chev. Tahoe in on the 07 4X4 CR-V. The transition was hard at first. Due to the Tahoe having many extra features. But, when said and done the CR-V has been the best for me. I only drive 5 miles a day to work. I average about 20 mpg which is great for me in town compared to 12 mpg in the Tahoe. (Since gas was 4.00 a gallon!) I am only 5 feet tall I feel very comfortable driving,parking the CR-V. My only MAJOR complaints are the seats need more padding and I wish they had Auto on/off lights. Where you open the doors the paint scratches easily from your fingernails. I tried to get some handle covers but they don't make them yet. Other than that I really like my CR-V. I like driving it. I can park it anyplace I want to. It doesn't really have any blind spots when backing up. It's just a really nice little car. I put a few extras on it when I purchased it like the rain guards,sun visor, and a back window spoiler. Looks really sharp. Have not seen any like mine yet! Maybe by the time I go to trade again they will have improved my complaints!"

Love this vehicle. Spacious, lots of cargo room,

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, lots of leg room"

Cons: "Only 5 passenger seating"

"Im needing more passenger seating. Sad to see this vehicle go. Handles great on ice and in snow. Plenty of power. Enough cargo space for my adventures. Gas mileage is amazing. Love the navigation system."

Practically perfect in every way

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, cargo & seating space, sound"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I currently lease this car and would definitely buy it off the lease if I hadn't currently run into financial hardship. I love EVERYTHING about this car except: The gas mileage. It doesn't even get too bad of mileage but I went from a civic to a CR-V and my mileage was cut by about 1/3. It averages out to between 23-25 miles per gallon. There is even a gauge in the car that tells you exactly what you're getting. I do an equal mix of both highway and city driving and with gas prices as they are, I have to fill up at least once a week."

Way more than I expected

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I have leased 2 Lexus, a BMW and a Cadillac (junk mobile). Because of my miles, I could no longer lease. I needed a car that costs less than $30,000. After months of research I decided on a Crosstour. That ended up being too expensive. My fall back position was the CRV EX leather with nav. I made my best deal and got my color (urban titanium). I can't believe how nice this vehicle is! It does everything well. Handles nice, plenty of power, awesome gas mileage (31 highway). Very nice interior, super sound system, perfect fit and finish. Small enough to fit everywhere and big enough to fit cargo and passengers. I enjoy driving it as much as all the $50,000 cars of the past. So many features make sense that I can't list them all. It has the best nav system I have ever had. If it holds up it will be the best car I have ever owned. Considering honda's reputaion, I have no reason to believe it will be a problem. Now I know why they sell so many of these. I am not a guy that cares much about performance so the 4cyl is just fine. The ride is soft but not mushy and firm but not stiff. The seats are very comfortable and the drivers seat adjusts well. It is not flashy but it is very pracical. I never ever thought I could find a car for $27,800 that was this nice. I love it!"

dependable

By on Friday, July 24, 2009

"Pros: dependable performance, adequate room for 4, holds more in cargo space than expected, attactive body, gas ok considering it's an SUV Cons: interior too plastic feel, opening in cargo space should be larger, fold down seats cumbersome arrangement"

AWD is a great vehicle

By on Monday, March 02, 2009

"AWD handles like a sports car. Roomy in rear. Excellant sound system (premium). Will do 30 mpg with cruise set at 60. Traction control with breaking feature makes it do well on wet roads. My only complaint is road noise and tire whine. Seats are comfortable, adjustable. Heated seat a good feature even in Florida. Cup holder and center rest in back seat is tilted, I thought ti was broken but found that they are all thr same. Engine is small but gearing is good."

squeak box

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"The motor is ok. It only has 50000 miles on it. It has had a squeak since it was almost new. it is the door to roof squeaking against each other. I believe it is not made strong enough. The dealer stops the squeak and 2 days later it is back again. It is also small inside and not comfortable. After tax and a 100000 mile warranty, because it has a low warranty, we paid 30000 dollars for this thing and it is not worth it in my eyes."

Best bang for the buck

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"We have had ours for about 1.5 years. Already have 40,000 miles on it. We love the Cr-V. We have a 1 year old son and a 120 lb Akita. The three of us and the dog have gone on 7 hours trips and had more than enough room. I am 6'5", and i fit well, with plenty of space behind me. I have averaged 29 mpg on the highway, but generally speaking it gets about 26 mpg driving to work and back. Seats can be rather hard after about 5 hours driving, but overall not bad. This is our favorite vehicle ever and would love to keep it forever. No problems so far after 40,000 miles. P.S. Would definately recommend the rubber rear mat for the cargo area. Saves many hours of trying to clean dog hair, sand, dirt etc. out of the carpet."

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"My only complaint is driver side door handle is very uncomfortable, too hard to rest your left leg upon. Otherwise great car, mileage in excess 25 mpg. Much improved over my 2000 CRV! Better acceleration and braking than old model, much more comfort with leather seats. Rear backing camera, multi-disc changer and NAV system are great extras even though the voice command doesn't work that great."

After One Year...

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"of ownership, my wife and I still love the CR-V. No major problems. There was a service bulletin on the rear diff, but the dealer took care of it free of charge. Fuel mileage (90% City) averages about 23-24MPG. Highway driving at 55MPH has been about 29-30MPG. Highway driving at 75MPH gets about 23MPG. My only qualm would be power. The 4 cylinder is peppy, but I'd prefer a little more power. The ride quality is good, but there is a lot of road noise (esp. in the back seat) when driving over rough roads. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning. Overall, the CR-V has been everything that we expected it to be."

Very sensible crossover SUV choice.

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, Lexus-like ride quality."

Cons: "Poor acceleration, bland styling, large blindspot."

"The CRV is a very safe option if you are looking for a reliable, safe, comfortable car that will get you from point A to point B for 200,000 miles without any problems. However, its a rather boring vehicle and strains under acceleration. The interior is ho-hum, though I can't deny that it is well-assembled with high quality materials. The seats are comfortable, but the fabric is cheap and stains easily. The CRV has very ample cargo space, the backseat folds down with ease and it features a cargo cover that doubles a shelf. Steering is average, braking is very abrupt. The CRV can come to stop in a seemingly impossible but very impressive distance; however the overactive brake pedal can take some getting used to. The ride itself is glass-smooth, the suspension absorbs every little bump in the road. Exterior styling is pleasant but unnoticeable, but the rims are exceptionally attractive and expensive-looking. My biggest gripe with the CRV is the very poor acceleration. While accelerating from a stop at a reasonable pace is no problem, passing on the highway is a difficult and noisy affair in the CRV. RPMs abruptly jump above 4000 whenever the accelerator is depressed at speeds more than 55mph. What ultimately makes the CRV a sound choice is that it is a Honda product. The interior and exterior, as well as the legendary Honda engine, will last a good fifteen problem-free years."

2007 is my favorite vehicle so far.

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, sporty, versatile, low maintenance."

Cons: "LX sound system is weak. Buy the EX."

"My 2007 LX has 118,000 miles. This has been a great vehicle. The only repairs other than maintenance have been 1 set of brake pads and the replacement of the a/c compressor at 117,500 miles. The a/c repair has been an issue w/ 2 previous Accords I have owned but not until over 100,000 miles! I live in Florida and run the a/c in high temps constantly. Wish I had purchased the EX for better sound system, inside temperature gauge and trim package. So reliable, that when I replace it, I would sell it to a friend or family member."

Love the Honda cars

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Love the spacious seating areas. great for travel. Great quality vehicle. Never had any problem selling my previous Hondas. Great reliable vehicles."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the plentiful options!"

Cons: "No Cons. Well suited for a young family."

"This is the 17th vehicle purchase I have made. All of my cars have only been driven one year or less. I quickly became bored or dissatisfied and was ready for something new. I have driven my 2007 CRV for 4 1/2 years now. I LOVE it. It has all the features I wanted. We have been extremely rough on both the interior and the exterior and it has held up beautifully!! I would recommend a CVR to anyone looking to buy!"